AN HOUR AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

AN HOUR AGO So excited for #TheGiver to hit theaters August 15—get a sneak peek + find out how you can win with your review! http://t.co/x9ACeg6yqx

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 sistahs score @soffe Dri Capri in Dazzling Blue Cosmic: http://t.co/Gx25bGgdpx

COMMENTS

8 gotta-try spring break flirting tips

We're breaking down how to snag a spring fling on your warm 'n' sunny vacay.

MOD MOD
I need help! I'm 13, but I look older and act more mature and whenever I go on vacation or anywhere no ONE my age 'hits on me' or talks to me it's always older guys, what can i do?!

There is nothing you can really do... It's just who you are! Maybe you should think about going for someone a little older who fits your personality.

Mailyse f.

by xoxojillianxo on 3/8/2013 3:20:56 PM

Mod mod mod.
Okay. So I'm goin' to Summer Camp next month, and I want a Summer fling. How do I casually strike up a convo with a cute guy without making it awkward, or making it seem like I'm desperate? There are always a ton a hotties, and I deff wanna call one my own by the end of camp.
Thanks in advance!

Hey girl,

Check out this helpful post: Flirting 101. It's got great tips on how to be casual and cool but also grab his attention! Good luck!
Kelly G.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 2:17:31 PM

i want to go out with this guy but i dont know how to ask him out ? and he might say yes but i dont know to ask him out

by mrsbieber207 on 4/2/2012 3:44:21 AM

I really like thus guy in class he is SUPER cute! But i don't know much about him... how can i get to know him and get him to like me. He already knows I like him because my best friends boy friend told hom so. I really need help please!!!!
Thanks

Hey girl,

If he knows you like him and hasn't made an effort to talk to you, he might not be interested. But if you want to get to know him more, just walk up to him and start talking! You can talk about the class you have together (suggest a study sesh!) or about movies or what you're doing that weekend. Here are some other tips on how to break the ice with guys so that you can start a convo and get to know him better! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/27/Wish-your-crush-would-ask-you-out-already-Ten-ways-to-make-it-happen.aspx

Meghan D.

by EGJplay on 3/31/2012 8:13:33 AM

i never can get guys to talk to me i may sound self concided if i say this but i get told im pretty and beutiful a lot girls stop me in the halls and are all ur soo pretty!!! i think im ok but if thats the case why wont guys talk to me ??????? p.s im not a snob either im sweet and pretty nice

by arilovesGL on 3/20/2012 7:38:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I go to an all-girls school and I don't meet any guys ever! We have a brother school and I go there every night for swim practice but the guys aren't really there at that time. I'm quite shy but I'm 14 now and I think it's time to get a kick start on my love life! Where should I go to meet guys outside of school? How should I approach a cute guy I see at the mall or something? Thanks so much! xx

Hey girl! If your school has socials with your brother school, def go! Get your gals to go with you for a super fun time. Try joining a youth group or some out of school activity boys are at. If you see a cute not sketchy guy at the mall, casually ask him his opinion on something. Lets your looking for a present for your bro(shh no one has to know if you don't have a bro)...ask him his opinion on a potential gift! He'll love that you approached him and want to know what he thinks on something! If he's rude..well, HIS LOSS!! Good luck girlie! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by loveyoulongtime on 3/15/2012 1:13:41 AM

OkFrown Ill make sure to stay in touch tho! Thanks!

by asha0 on 3/12/2012 8:25:03 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod
ok, there is this guy that i met over summer that i like. He was talking to his friend, his friend asked how his day was, and he was like, awesome, i just met the hottest girl ever. I want to get to know him, but the problem is that he lives in New York, and i live in Colorado. How can i make this work?

Uh-oh, babe.

These long-distance things don't work 90% of the time.  But, if you still want to keep him close as a friend, try to keep contact through texting or facebook or email.
Jordan S.

by asha0 on 3/12/2012 8:03:14 PM

i mite try these but the prob is me and my bff r crushing on da same guy!!!! wat shud i do?

by krazykaratechick on 3/12/2012 1:08:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
My bf and i have been going out for almost 2 months and when we were at my school talent show waiting it the band room to go on us and ton of other people were playing truth or dare i was just watching but when i went over to talk to one of my friends everybody dared him to kiss me when he came over 2 me i walked away cause i knew what happened and his friend is always hanging out with him tying 2 have him avoid me and i dont know what 2 do. HELP! thanks Smile

What's the problem, babe?  If it's that you don't like him in that way, then just let them know that you don't and you'd rather they not get on you about this.

Or is it something else?
Jordan S.

by GLrockz on 3/10/2012 2:53:24 PM

GLclub4chicas
A great club all about teen life, I will be happy to talk to you about anything from guys to outfits Smile i will always try to reply as fast as possible so if this sounds like the club for you join today! xx

by OWL-city on 3/6/2012 11:47:07 AM

maybe i will try these maybe....

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 3/4/2012 3:49:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi yesterday me and my 2 BFFS went to the mall my crush and his friend was there too he texted me and said we will all meet each other there. Well he likes my BFF and i asked him he says yea i like her a lot. Well he asked her out and she said let me think and she texted me after tellung me that story and she said she might go out with him, well i am really jealous and i cant tell him that or how i like him.
please help me!!

Hey babe,

Since he likes your BFF and she might like him back, I think you owe it to them both to let them see how things go. I know it's tough - so maybe if she starts dishing details to you, you could tell her you'd rather not know all that info because it makes you feel a little uncomfortable. Whether she knows you have a crush on him or not, it's worth being honest about this so you aren't hiding anything from her! Even though it hurts, you care about your crush and your BFF so you'd want to see them happy. Plus, they're just going on a first date right now - that's not a guarantee that they'll be together forever! Stay friends with them both and, if your crush is single sometime in the future, you can always use this as motivation and go for it next time Smile But in the meantime, don't forget there are LOTS of guys out there to meet and possibly crush on! Not just him. Keep an open mind, do things to pamper yourself and make yourself happy, and you'll make it through <3
Lauren C.

by dancer8608 on 3/4/2012 12:07:43 PM

********ATTENTION********

Hey please check out my older bro's music on www.hulkshare.com/ShadyPack He's a REALLY talented rapper and I'm not saying that cuz he's my brother. Please check him out its really good!

by Princess Keziyah on 3/3/2012 10:59:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so, i had this thing with a guy a coupla weeks ago, and he would always hit on me & everything, and he was super sweet. this past week he's been ignoring me, and hitting on my best friend when im standing right next to her.
&this happens with every guy i like, i can never find a genuine guy to be my boyfriend or anything.
any advice?

Hey girlie,

You gotta stick with it! Sometimes, guys are just flirty - with everyone. And sometimes they flirt with you to "test things out" before they seriously flirt or date you. If they're not feeling the chemistry, they might move on. Sometimes, their feelings just change for no reason whatsoever or because they met someone else. It's hard to figure them out, isn't it?! (The truth is, we're pretty confusing to them too.) Just try to hang in there and remember that it WILL work out if it's meant to. In the meantime, if you see a guy you like, talk to him! Don't just wait for him to flirt with you. If you like him, grow closer to him by getting to know him as a friend, hanging out outside of school, texting, going on group hangout dates, etc. You don't want to come on too strong...but you def have to try! Smile
Lauren C.

by friendsrforever on 3/3/2012 10:27:58 PM

maybe i will try these Smile
ATTENTION ALL BAKERS OR FOOD LOVERS
Join Cupcakes 101 because i post weekly recipes on desserts (maybe the occasional appetizer, lol) I don't post links to recipes on other websites too! So far, I am looking for people to fill these positions: TREASURER, SECRETARY, and CAKE BOSS. Join today because it is an awesome club where YOU can also share recipes/tips. Hope you join!

by purplenurple88 on 3/3/2012 10:09:02 PM

maybe i will try these Smile
ATTENTION ALL BAKERS OR FOOD LOVERS

by purplenurple88 on 3/3/2012 10:08:06 PM

So at the school I go to there's a bookstore. Mainly I go there for candy but there's a really cute guy around my age that works there. The other day I was sitting in the cafeteria and he kept looking at me. Then I when I went to go buy something from the bookstore he asked me and my brother how old we were. Do you think that he was asking 'cause he wanted to know how old I was? Then when he was giving me my change back he like touched my hand (they were coins and so he opened his fingers on my hand.) Then yesterday when I went in the bookstore my mom was with us and they made copies there and my mom wanted to make a copy and he made a copy for my mom for free. I also looked behind me and he was just staring at me and we made eye contact. Do you think he likes me???

Hey girlie,

We don't know for sure unless he tells ya, but he's definitely giving you a lot of awesome signs! Try talking to him more next time and asking him stuff about himself. If you think he's cute and you like him too, you should totally try to get to know him better. Flirt a little and show that you're interested in him/his hobbies by asking questions, listening intently, and making eye contact. If he is crushing, he'll love that you pay attention to him! Smile
Lauren C.

by kikidee12 on 3/3/2012 4:55:09 PM

modmod ok so my bf said he likes when i wear my hair down what are some easy ways to wear my hair its a fw inches past my sholder wavy and thick and kinda frizzy

Hey girlie,

Here are some of my favorite "down" styles that are still super special and sweet Smile

Lauren C.

by millia7 on 3/3/2012 4:00:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD.
So i have liked this guy since the beginning of freshman year,this semester i sit next to him in biology. I want to say something or start a conversation but i'm really shy and he is pretty quiet too. We also see each other alot after school because im in colorguard and he is in drumline.We go to parades and competitions together but have no interaction what so ever. I'm always talking to my friends and he is with his. I always feel nervous and back out after promising myself i'll say something too him. How do i start friendly and not obvious conversation (hopefully leading to something more)

Hey girlie,

Since you sit next to him in class, try making small talk about schoolwork first! It's something you definitely have in common so it's a perfect convo starter. Ask him if he's ready for the test or if he has any plans for his science project. Once you chat more often, you can ask him better questions, like if he has any fun weekend plans, if he has any music recommendations for you, if he enjoyed the parade/competition last weekend, etc. Basically, be patient and let your friendship grow over time. During colorguard/drumline when you're both chatting in your friends groups, try to merge them! Just bring yours over to his and give a little wave, then start chatting about the day, the upcoming school dance/event, or anything you think of. It's all about swallowing that shyness and going for it, no matter what. You'll never know how it would work out unless you try!
Lauren C.

by cutielittlestar on 3/3/2012 3:48:11 PM

Well i like this guy but almost every girl in my class likes him too and all of them flirt with him ALOT! I dont know how to flirt and i will try these but if they dont work can u give me advice on what will? Some people say he likes me because he stares at me in class pops uo behind me & hugs me and some other stuff does he? (you dont have to answer the last question if u dont want to but PLEASE HELP)

Hey girlie,

It's tough to make yourself stand out, when a guy has TONS of girls crushing on him. But you know what you should do? Approach it from a totally different angle. Instead of flirting and making "dating" your #1 goal, try becoming his friend first. Chat about his favorite sports, favorite music, weekend plans, family. Play video games, basketball, soccer, and cards together. Do homework together. Chat online. Basically, grow closer to him as a friend - and then flirt after some time passes. That way, you know each other WAY better than any of those other girls!
Lauren C.

by dancer0014 on 3/3/2012 2:17:34 PM

Wait so for the new persona thing i should be shy and quiet because am loud and outgoing. Am confused

Hey girl,

I think that comment was meant to encourage shy girls to break out of their shells. You don't have to be anyone but yourself! If you feel you're being obnoxious, it's okay to tone it down a bit, but you should never feel like you have to change who you are!

Meghan D.

by akaprincess on 3/3/2012 11:31:34 AM

I will be so freaking bored over break. My family is not going anywhere. My sister has classes for her college that she has to go to and so we're all staying home. All of my friends are going places. We don't have cell phones or FBs so we can't talk. What am I supposed to do??? Frown

Hey girl,

There's tons of stuff to do at home over break -- you can catch up on homework, reading a book for fun, or watching movies and TV shows! Why not hang out with your sis when she's not in class and host a family game night? It will be more fun than you think!

Meghan D.

by fungirl123 on 3/3/2012 11:10:27 AM

May favorite line to use with a guy if I'm being extra flirty and he already likes me is "I lost my number, can I have yours?"

by MusicIsLove123 on 3/3/2012 8:24:12 AM

I might try a few of theseSmile

***Hello! L-O-V-E Taylor Swift? So do I! If you're a HUGE, kinda big or somewhat fan, please come join my club 'Taylor Swift Fan's 4-ever!' (Optional: I'm looking for officers. Application is on the club) Thanks a bunch and hope to see ya there!***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 3/3/2012 3:01:50 AM

Mod mod mod
I met my true love at a skating rink after he got punched by my friend. We really hit things off I don't know what to do cause I don't kno if he likes me but I love him so much?

Hey girl,

Whoa, your friend punched him? Have you asked her why? If you're not sure if he likes you, why not keep hanging out and see where things go? He might drop hints that he likes you, or you might find out he likes someone else. It's early in life to think of "true love" -- there are probably tons more great guys down the road for you!

Meghan D.

by sparklysharpie on 3/3/2012 1:19:19 AM

schooled: guys how to's
ok hi so i can help you with guys. like i can help when they say they love you and go say that to a girl you do not know or if you like a guy and you wish he likes you or if he likes you but you would like to just be friends i can help you!
please go to my clue!