AN HOUR AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

4 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

5 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

How To: DIY beach spray

A quick 'n' easy recipe for getting tousled tresses and relaxed waves -- with or without the shore!

Wait. They sell olive oil at Bath and Body Works? My brain is skeptical

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/15/2012 8:48:23 PM

Or you could just take out the sea salt and use an intense amount of extract. Every time I smell something good, Im in a good mood. I want this feeling to last all day.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/12/2012 9:57:04 PM

I used olive oil instead of scented oil. I'm still afraid to put it on my hair. I also used smaller portions 'cause the bottle's pocket sized. Is it safe? Please answer as soon as you can!

by cheetah#1 on 7/31/2012 7:04:15 PM

Even though I'll still make this, I'm not sure if this is a good look for me. I have brown hair with highlights, brown eyes, long lashes,glasses, and huge, bushy eyebrows. I think I have square shaped head. Would it look good? What else looks good?

by cheetah#1 on 7/31/2012 6:47:11 PM

Hey HubCityVBall, yep olive oil is great for hair. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD:
Could I use olive oil instead of the scented essential oil? Lynae P.

by HubCityVball3 on 6/2/2012 3:06:20 PM

Hey HubCityVBall3, yep I think they have something very similiar. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD:
Is this the same stuff they sell at Bath and Body Works? Lynae P.

by HubCityVball3 on 6/2/2012 3:00:38 PM

Hey Crissi, using the right hair products will help you. Try Getting Dumb Blonde Smothing Stuff cream. I've read it's a cream that it silkens thick hair without making it greasy. Using anti-frizz shampoo may help tame your thickness. Try to wash you hair only a few times a week instead of everyday. Be sure you're trimming your ends every so often so your hair will continue growing. You can always throw a stylish headband on or put some clips in the front of your hair. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod!
I have really, really, REALLY thick hair and no matter what I do to make it soft it gets thick again in like two hours and it's really frustrating. It's really short and it won't grow out. There is also like no way to style my hair because it's so short so I just have to let it hang down. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY HAIR? ;'-( What can I do to fix it? Help!
(Thanks in advance for the awesome tips!) Lynae P.

by Crissi on 6/2/2012 1:42:06 PM

Through out the day my hair gets really stringy and it looks as if i haven't brushed it this morning. How can i stop this? My hair is very fine, and i think it takes too long to brush it after ever bell. Also, I dont want to have to carry a brush with me in classes. Thanks for your Help :3

Hey girl,

There's really no way to stop it completely, but there are quick fixes.  Try to stop touching it as much so that you don't get the oils from your hands in your hair.  And when you don't feel like brushing it, try flipping it or shaking it instead.  You could also invest in some dry shampoo or a sprinkle of baby powder in the morning to try and head it off.
Jordan S.

by tori42 on 4/30/2012 4:23:28 PM

i love this idea i will so use it

by lol9586 on 4/28/2012 6:49:14 PM

MOD
hey can I use body spray in substitute for the oil? If not, would the oil be found in the hair section of a store or the perfume section? What would it be called? (just a random example)
thanks! Smile

Hey girl!

The contents in body spray, such as alcohol, can dry out your hair further along with the salt, so if you want a smoother finish and tresses that aren't too dry, go for oil. You could use any oil like olive oil. I'd say look for hair oils in the hair products section in stores. Smile

Krupali D.

by Nikichic on 4/27/2012 4:51:13 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
is there anything i can use instead of scented oil? like a household item? or can it be unscented? i really wanna try this tomorrow but i don't have scented oil! please answer! thanks!

Hey girlie,

You could use unscented essential oil, but it's best not to substitute with anything else - you won't get the right texture/spray if you use something else! <3
Lauren C.

by sparkles333 on 4/26/2012 9:52:39 PM

Join my Book Recommendation club if your looking for a new book to read or found a book that others will love!

by olivia192000 on 4/25/2012 5:18:05 AM

okay so I want to know if this really works, because if it does I will by some scented oil for $4, but I only want to spend my money on this if it will actually work. I have straight shoulder length hair. So will this be effective and cute? Thanks!

Hey girl,

It sounds like it should be cute, but I can't say for sure since I haven't tried it myself! $4 isn't too much, though, so it sounds like it would be worth a try!

Meghan D.

by glpinkygirl77 on 4/20/2012 11:45:51 PM

MODMODMOD
My hair is pretty long and I am running out of some cool, easy, fast options to style it. I only set aside about 15 minutes a day for it. Any options?

Hey girl,

My hair is really long too (like almost past my chest), and I have a few standbys for quick styling! First, I love styling it straight and dressing it up with a sparkly beaded headband. It makes your look feel instantly girly and glam. You could also do a simple high ponytail, then spice it up by braiding your ponytail. That'll totally give you a funky girly vibe. I also love parting my hair on the side, then taking the smaller side and pulling it back with a colorful barrette. It's unexpected because it's not symmetrical, but it looks SO perfect!
Lauren C.

by jumpersb on 4/15/2012 9:26:57 AM

What does DIY mean? I have no idea!

by Malia23 on 4/14/2012 7:07:30 PM

It won't hold in my hair!!!

by amyloveskitties on 4/14/2012 12:36:25 AM

Mod Mod Mod!
what can i substitute in instead of scented oil?

Hey! I'm not sure, I don't want to recommend something that might irritate your skin, so it's probably best to stick to this recipe

Helen S.

by tori42 on 4/6/2012 4:42:01 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok so I have medium to long straight black/dark brown hair and I have to go to lunch after church this Sunday and I need some thing to do with my hair and I have no idea what to do with it.
Thx

Hey girl, I would say slight curls would be adorable!

lauren r.

by Haileygab on 4/4/2012 6:19:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD would this work in my hair?? It's veryyyyy long like it almost touches my butt
Thanks Sammy

It sure should! Jordan S.

by unicornninja on 4/2/2012 6:51:38 PM

Mod mod mod
Before you read this, I want you to know that I'm sincerely ashamed. I'm shaking as I write it.

You don't have to feel gross or ashamed. This is just something that happened and you don't need to feel like a bad person. If it made you feel bad, just don't do it again. And you don't need to tell your parents or anyone for that matter. It is ok to be curious, you googled, you saw, you were not interested. That's fine. Just calm down a bit and don't feel so awful.

Amanda P.

by r1n2s3 on 4/2/2012 6:28:13 AM

Modmodmod
does this spray work as well as say a spray from ulta or somewhere? Just wondering which one works best cause I'm going to get one but wanted to know if this works well since its cheaper.. thanks!

hey girl! different products work better for different people! try it out to see! good luck! xo, erin m.

erin m.

by breathless99 on 3/30/2012 3:26:23 PM

my hair is very frizzy and i dont like it im tired of wearing it in a poney tail with hair spray :-( please help

by cassidy4vega on 3/30/2012 7:21:19 AM

hi! From the time I get out of the shower to when I fall asleep, by hair dries out wavy, but when I wake up, it loses lots of its waviness and has an awkward slightly wavy but mostly straight look to it...how can I keep it completely wavy and not mess it up when I sleep? Thank you! Laughing

Try to shower in the mornings so when it air dries, it'll still have it's natural wave.  Or put it in a bun or braid at night when it's wet. Jordan S.

by goldenhamsta on 3/26/2012 5:14:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
For this beach spray, can you use regular salt if you cant find sea salt? and is it bad if you substitute conditioner for the oil? Thanks Smile <3

Nope, sorry babe.  Those ingredients won't work at all the same in the spray. Jordan S.

by AquaMasquerade on 3/19/2012 5:37:26 PM

is this how you did the models hair? does it really work? thanks <3

Hey girl,

I'm not sure if they used this exact spray on the model, but it should make you get great waves like hers!

Meghan D.

by lasvegasgirl on 3/17/2012 12:25:08 PM

this is rly pretty especially with the glitter!!!!

by musikluvr17 on 3/10/2012 8:01:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Do you have to put oil in it or can you subsitute it for conditioner? I've hear both ways, just wanted to ask what one is better for your hairSmile Thanks a bunch!

Hey babe,

Oil is generally more natural and healthy on your hair, so I'd go with that!
Jordan S.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 3/6/2012 11:51:39 AM

Say your name 10 times.
1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by LaCroix on 3/6/2012 11:09:18 AM

MODMOD
Recently I've been putting on some weight and I'm really worried about it, and I feel uncomfortable in any kind of tight clothes. I'm worried I'm getting fat, and last week I began starving my self. I stopped before it was to late, but now I'm considering doing it again. I know I shouldn't but...

Don't ever starve yourself.  Believe it or not, that actually does much worse for your body than good.  When your body thinks it's starving, it stores more fat in your body as an emergency energy source.  So you'll actually be gaining more than you're losing.

Focus more on what you're eating and making sure that it's on the healthier side.
Jordan S.

by Echosong on 3/5/2012 8:55:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a few questions for ya.
1. When will we get the April/May issue?
2. Since there's collectible covers this month, which one will we get?

Should be in your mailbox soon, babe!  Which cover you get should depend on your address.  That way everyone on a street will be getting all of the covers instead of just one. Jordan S.

by gl_readah on 3/5/2012 8:53:53 PM

Luv this!<3

Hey Ladies(: Plz Join my Club Girls Rule! We Discuss fun topics such as music, guys, beauty, fashion, makeup, school, celebs, and more! Hope to see U there!<3

by *MusicGirl16* on 3/5/2012 8:46:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I heard that eyeshadows match particular eye colors best. Do you know which colors match? Thanks!

You remember the color wheel from art class?  As a general rule of thumb, colors opposite each other compliment each other more.  Like for example, green and purple. Jordan S.

by kayla9 on 3/5/2012 8:30:18 PM

sounds cool
ATTENTION BAKERS OR FOOD LOVERS
Join Cupcakes 101! I post weekly recipes on desserts (you can find the club on my profile) and you can also share your own recipes/tips. I don't post links to the recipes on other websites (sorry to those of you who like links! I am not a fan of them!) and I am currently looking for people to fill these positions: TREASURER, SECRETARY, and CAKE BOSS. Join the club today!

by purplenurple88 on 3/5/2012 8:22:26 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Could you use baby oil or coconut oil? Or would that not work? It's all I have at home.... Thanks Laughing

Nope, unfortunately not.  You gotta' use scented oil, because otherwise it may grease up your hair with those two. Jordan S.

by oreo9347 on 3/5/2012 8:17:43 PM

What drug stores specifically can you get the scented oils at. and do you have your favorite specific brand by any chance I can look for.
I also need new jeans I really wanted to get nice ones but not over 100$. I was thinking like A&F or Hollister but I don't know what ones to choose if i did get some. If you have any ideas or anything could you tell me your opinion? Also any other cute brands? I don't like flare jeans. I love boot cut super skinny and begging. But please tell me if the brands I mention are really tight or anything.
Thanks MODS!
xoxo Sarah

It's available at any of them!

Personally, my favorite store is Urban Outfitters.  But jeanwise, Hollister jeans always work wonders for me.
Jordan S.

by way2qt4u on 3/5/2012 7:44:14 PM

Love this idea

by amileofroses on 3/5/2012 7:19:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Could i replace scented oil with vanilla extract or something? Thank you!

Unfortunately not.  You need the scented oil.  Just make a stop by your nearest drugstore! Jordan S.

by fire_of_hope on 3/5/2012 7:17:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Instead of sea salt, can I just use table salt?

Unfortunately not, table salt and sea salt are surprisingly different. Jordan S.

by sniggemeyer on 3/5/2012 6:47:19 PM

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. So please join my club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 3/5/2012 5:45:57 PM

oh ill try that then when i go to the beach in florida itll look soooooo cute

by millia7 on 3/5/2012 5:25:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So theres this guy and he always flirted with me & asked for hugs & stuff & i was pretty sure he liked me & i liked him too but over the weekend i didnt talk to him @ all( i dont have his number)& i didnt see him & ever since then he hasnt even talked 2 me & has been avoiding me! Now hes hugging this other chick i think he is dating! & my friend said he even called me hot! what happened?!?!

It sounds like the lack of communication between you two separated the feelings he may have had.  Grab his attention again, girlie! Jordan S.

by tpowell11 on 3/5/2012 5:23:12 PM

mod
ok. so my friends and i r plannin on goin 2 the Hunger Games midnite premiere, but i dunno whos comin! my mom says tht we have 2 get our tix real soon, but i dont wanna buy a ticket and then find out tht none of my friends r goin. wht should i do?
sorry.

Have a chat with one or two of your friends that were going and have them order their tickets with you.  You don't need to make the whole group do it, just maybe your closest friends in it.  That way, there's no backing out on their part or your part.  You will need to get them ahead of time, the hype is huge! Jordan S.

by SecretCupcakeNinjaCalledTurtle on 3/5/2012 4:49:11 PM

Do you ever feel like there's something small that's so emarassing, or secret, that a mere jewelry box or secret place would'nt be enough?
That's why I created this list of places where no sane person would check when snooping. Check out my profile to get some ideas!!

by RaceTiger7 on 3/5/2012 4:39:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
Where can I get the scented oil? I really want to try this, but don't know where to get it. THANKS!

Hey babe,

You can find scented oil at any drugstore nearby.
Jordan S.

by Flgirl97 on 3/5/2012 4:19:57 PM

@payton k why not? it'll smell pretty.

by *GingerForev* on 3/5/2012 4:05:29 PM

This is super helpful; I'm definitely trying it. Thanks, GL!

by volleyball514 on 3/5/2012 3:43:47 PM

I would not want salt water in my hair!!!!

by Payton K on 3/5/2012 3:40:36 PM