6 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

9 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

10 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

Excuse us, Utah, but what's with the anti-sex ed law?

Utah’s state legislature has passed a bill that bans public schools from teaching kids about contraception...

This is horrible... not only does it mean more pregnancy but not allowed to talk about homosexuality? many people estimate that 10% of people are homosexual. that's one-tenth of utah's population that will not know what to do and obviously receive NO support from schools!

by cityduck on 2/4/2013 8:45:28 AM

MOD MOD
I was just wondering a few things, if we send a question to dear carol or bill and Dave etc on the website, how do we get an answer back and if so how? And when they ask for our name do we put our actual name or a creative one? Also, how do people get their questions posted on the website? I'm not saying I want to, I'm just really curious. Thanks!!

Hey girl!

If you send a question in for advice, we will chose several that we'd like to post on our website. You'll get a notification when your question has been answered. As for the creative names, we often make them up, but feel free to make one for yourself! We are big on protecting privacy here at GL so we don't allow girls to sign their names after asking a question.

Catherine C.

by British-IrishBoybands<3 on 7/9/2012 1:04:14 PM

i think sex ed is super important. it made me realize the dangers of sex and made me want to wait

by hjr811 on 4/8/2012 7:21:36 PM

All right, FIRST OFF, Yes, GL could have phrased it better to say the they were blaming the GOVERNMENT of Utah or something, but we are all smart people here, ladies. We should be MATURE enough to know that they are not talking about the ENITRE state of Utah (Meaning Citizens AND Government) Honestly in my opinion, if you can't figure that out or you just want to start some random drama,you should GET OFF THIS PAGE AND STOP READING THE MAGAZINE. No one should flip over some words that weren't phrased well.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 4/7/2012 5:07:14 PM

Ok, I'm pretty sure this was said already, but the law wasn't passed. The Governor veto-ed it because it was that ridiculous. Not trying to sound mean, I just don't like all the hate towards my state....

by FlareonRocks on 4/2/2012 10:54:09 AM

I know this sounds really weird,but a couple of weeks ago I was taking a shower and I was washing my behind and I noticed there were 3 red lines on it. A first I thought it was just a mark so I tried to get it off but it wouldn't come off. I think it is a blood vessel but I am just not sure if something is wrong...I really dont want to go get it checked out because I only live with my dad and it would be really awkward. PLEASE HELP THANKYOU Smile

Hey girlie,

It could just be a stretch mark, but it could be something else too - it's hard to tell since we're not doctors and can't see it. I know it feels a little weird to talk to dad about this, but it's REALLY worth it. You shouldn't mess around if you notice something "abnormal" or "different" on your skin. It's probably nothing at all, but you really should see your doc just to make sure you're healthy!
Lauren C.

by kyky1234567 on 3/29/2012 7:02:20 PM

It could be that they are just concerned or afraid of things getting to explicit in class. I know we are all different and some of us can handle learning some things at 11 or 12 and some cant at 13. Like in our health class they showed pictures of guys 'down there', some of us didnt think it was a big deal but some did.
And then you do hear that some schools get very explicit and show how a condom should go on and how to properly use one. Maybe they were just concerned over stuff like that. But I think we should know about the basics and how to protect ourselves. erin m. erin m.

by luckykel on 3/28/2012 2:23:16 PM

Trust me, us Utah teens are just as flipped. A highschool in UT has the highest prego rate in the US yet they wonder why? If people are blaming it on all of UT I can say stop. If you guys are willing to blame us find out who in the state you are blaming. We feel that we need this education as well and my teachers practically tell us that condoms and birth control don't work and if we ever have sex outside of marriage we will get aids and die or never have a happy relationship. Honestly, we and a lot of our parents are outraged by our lack of sexual education.

by alli_rawryew13 on 3/25/2012 7:24:33 PM

I'm actually not 100% sure that it's completely passed. It says that it is on some websites, but on others it talks about people vetoing it... not sure exactly what it all means.. but why are we really having an argument over it? It's Utah's decision!! (Ha. Utah's decision. Smile)

by Nanafofanna on 3/17/2012 10:15:10 PM

kinda off topic but i need help!!!
kinda awkward but i want to know if i should shave... um... 'down there'...
My friends all talked about doing it and i am not sure what to do!!!! i dont want to be stupid!
plz help! thx!

Hey girl,

That's a personal decision, so talk to your mom for advice if you want to explore different grooming options! Don't feel pressured to do what your friends say, though -- it's up to you how you take care of your hair down there!

Meghan D.