3 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

4 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

7 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

Get fit faster: Pump up the cardio

Easy ways to get your engine goin’…

Mod Simone S.
Thanks for answering!
I asked my mom, and she said that she doesn't want me to be alone in a neighborhood, and, like, none of my friends were up for the challenge...So what do I do? Is running in place good? Maybe I could run around the edges of my room? What do you think?

Hey girlie,

You could, but that would get pretty boring after a while! The best way to stick to a workout routine is for it to be fun, so we wouldn't recommend that. What about getting cardio by doing a kickboxing DVD, Zumba, or pilates? They're great alternatives to jogging!!
Lauren C.

by Graciegang on 6/15/2012 12:06:16 AM

Mod mod mod
I really wanna start running, but I don't have anywhere I can. I live off of a highway (my mom says running beside it is a bad idea--and I agree), and I don't have much room.. So is running in place a good idea? Also, my goal is a flat belly and smaller thighs. Is it a good idea to use running as my main cardio, then do a couple other moves (like planks, sit-ups, squats, etc.) to reach my goal? If so, what moves do you suggest? I want to be in really good shape by the time I go to camp in late July.
Thank a million!(:

Hey Girl,

Maybe your mom will agree to drop you off in a sidewalked area while she does errands? Do you have any friends whose neighborhoods you can run in? Your workout plan sounds pretty good to me-- check out our fitness page for more ideas.

good luck--
simone s.

by Graciegang on 6/14/2012 11:55:30 AM

Mod!
I have a ton of fat on my butt and thighs, and I really want to get rid of it! Besides eating healthy, I really want to start adding more cardio. I really hate running and jogging though! I have a bike and a gymnastics mat at my house, what can I do? And how often should I do cardio a day - I really want to loose like 15 pounds.
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try doing about 60 minutes of cardio each day! This can be all sorts of things - jogging if you get into shape and end up liking it, doing a kickboxing DVD, playing soccer with friends, swimming laps, biking uphill, etc. Lots of options! Pair that with healthy meals and toning exercises (yoga, pilates, or exercises like these) and you'll feel results over time! Smile
Lauren C.

by ilovehamsters77 on 5/27/2012 11:46:34 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!

I workout alot, but i need a workout that's balanced and includes stuff for my belly, arms, legs and heart. What should I do???

-tanvi819

by tanvi819 on 4/1/2012 8:11:13 PM

I need to lose belly fat before the summer because I want to compete in swimming and basketball activities. I also need stronger legs and stronger arms without equipment. What should I do? Also, what videos can I watch to help me.

Hey girlie,

Pair all of these with some straight-up cardio workouts and healthy, well-balanced meals (without much junk food or fast food). Treat your bod well and it'll thank you! Smile
Lauren C.

by selenahayley on 3/29/2012 3:42:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD! okay so my mom doesnt believe in workouts... as in if she saw me exercizing she might flip. idk what to do cuz i only have a little left to get to my perfect tummy!! helpp

You can get in a workout in your room alone or while hanging out with friends. Playing sports is the perfect way to work out without actually "working out".

Amanda P.

by BoysCheerleadingLife13 on 3/28/2012 4:25:51 PM

Okay I am an avid soccer player and it is lterally one of those things I cherish dearly in life. Now there is only a fall team and none for the spring season. I need help knowing how I should condition and train for tryouts coming in august. thanks!

Check out this post about how to train for tryouts:

Amanda P.

by 16033 on 3/26/2012 4:47:53 PM

Mod mod mod!!
Hey please help me!!! I have a double chin and i do not like it! Pleasw recomend some kind of a workout of eatting habbits to help me liise my double (tripple) chin!!!!!!!!! Please help me asap! I dont even like to take pictures anymore!!!! Thanks!! And girls, leave comments about this on my profile too!! Rhanks!! Love u!!! Smile

The first thing you can do to minimize the appearance of a double chin is to have excellent posture. If you hold your neck high it will be less noticeable. Check out these exercises:  http://www.wellbeing-information.com/double-chin-exercises.html. Also you can contour under your chin with a shimmer-free bronzer to minimize the appearance as well.

Amanda P.

by Sunny4132 on 3/26/2012 3:46:47 PM

Hey I really want to wear a bikini this summer and feel good about my body!!
I'm not over wieght but I'm not skinny skinny! What workouts would you recommend for me to do to
Get in bikini shape before summer and should I just eat healthy snack or what?? Please help ;)

by M_s16 on 3/25/2012 8:02:12 PM

I'm 11, 5'1, and 118 Ibs.I think this is overweight. But im athletic, and dont eat a lot but i weigh that much!In gym on my mile i got a 8;38 thats good in our gym. And i'll eat good and ecrisise good but then a week later i stop.Plus i'm not comfotable talking to my dad about losing weight thats where i gain all my weight but i dont know what to do help.

by dana0323 on 3/24/2012 8:13:12 PM