7 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

10 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

11 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

Kick your cold with four easy home remedies

We all know how it starts—the morning before a big presentation and you wake up with the snottiest cold you’ve ever had...

Mod!
When I woke up, I felt dizzy, weak, and had a headache, but my sore throat was almost gone. I puked in the toilet almost 6ish times (TMI I know) Is there a way to stop throwing up?

Hey girl, try small sips of ginger ale.

lauren r.

by lauren1104 on 4/13/2013 12:47:55 PM

Thanks Meghan, Only problem with that is, we cant really afford that for something that will probably be gone by monday. The doc would probably say its nothing, because i looked and so did my mom, and there wasn't much out of the ordinary there. Any other tips? :o

Hey girlie,

I would just make sure to get plenty of water and other clear liquids and try to get enough rest!

Meghan D.

by lauren1104 on 4/12/2013 10:09:32 PM

Mod!!
Hi! I have a really sore throat. I mean, REALLY sore. Nothing helps. Not a thing. Not medicine, or fluids, or drinks with vitamin c, or throat drops, or anything! I've been trying to sleep, but it keeps me awake! What do I do??

Hey girlie,

If nothing over the counter is helping you, I would talk to your parents about scheduling a visit to your doctor to get a professional opinion!

Meghan D.

by lauren1104 on 4/12/2013 10:03:26 PM

So my mom made me take decongestants last night and I really couldn't fall asleep because i was too jittery, and today I'm still really jittery. Is this normal?

Helen S.

by taytaychicken331 on 9/1/2012 11:48:33 AM

So I have a huge problem...I have major knee pain and I've told my mom aboutt it but she never does anything about it,I'm afraid my knees might buckle and I'll fall while playing basketball or when I'm skiing or when I'm paying field hockey. What should I do? Please respond Smile thanx

by Laxchic2 on 5/4/2012 9:36:41 PM

MOD! Please respond! I'm afraid I'm too skinny; I'm 14 (15 in a few months), 5'3", and barely weigh (edited by mod) lbs. I always feel hungry, yet I eat as much as (if not more than) everyone else. Somtimes I feel dizzy or get headaches, or sometimes I feel so weak that it hurts to move. Could there be something wrong with me? Or is this just the effects of high metabolism? Please help, I'm scared!!!

Hey girl,

This sounds like you have a high metabolism, but if you have a high metabolism you need to make sure you're eating throughout the day so you don't feel dizzy or weak. If you have any questions or concerns and you feel weak/sick, you should absolutely ask your doctor! They're the ones who have been educated and can give you suggestions about how to avoid this - like eating filling meals, if you're at a healthy weight for your height, etc. <3 Trust them and ask ALL questions you have!

Lauren C.

by kris1205 on 5/3/2012 12:28:54 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
Hi, I have severe asthma and I get sick often where I can't go to school and I can't breathe. I feel awful. I have a lot to worry about. While my friends worrry about there makeup runnIng and there boyfriends while i worry about if I'm going to die. I'm missing a lot of school and my 4.5 grade poor average is now 3.0. And I feel awakward with people at school when I am there. I can't participate in P.e. but I am being aloud to tryout for cheer. I feel like my world I falling apart because of asthma. I'm scared. I just don't know how to handle it.

Lynae P.

by Minaxoxo on 4/21/2012 3:32:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! okay thanks so much. And are thongs bad for you my friend told me that, like you can get an infection but I keep it very clean down there, so I should be okay right?? Thanks again Smile

Yep, you should be just fine Smile It's smart to mix it up by not wearing thongs all the time and always cleaning "down there" at least once a day. But lots of girls and women wear thongs and don't have any probs!
Lauren C.

by Tayincali on 4/15/2012 12:00:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay so yesterday I bought two thhongs, and they arevery appropriate, one is plain gray and the other is plain black. I wear alot of yoga pants and stuff and I was tired of pantylines and I have tried seamless underwear but they didn't work at all. So my moms out of town and I told her I got 2 pairs of underwear for my sweatpants, and she was just like what else did you get and ignored what I said. And I don't want to lie, so how should I tell her I got them????? Thank you Smile

Hey girlie,

You didn't lie! You said you got two pairs of undies to wear with your sweatpants...which you totally did. If she sees them later, you can explain the pantyline thing and how they're great for that, but I probably wouldn't keep bringing it up. She could've always asked "Oh, what kind of underwear?" but she seems like she accepted it and moved on, so you should too Smile And like you said, they're very appropriate, so it's not really a big deal!
Lauren C.

by Tayincali on 4/15/2012 11:28:48 AM

The girl in the picture? No one looks that good when their sick.
Haaa.

by goldfish123 on 4/11/2012 1:09:12 AM

The girl in the picture? No one looks that good when their sick.
Haaa.

by goldfish123 on 4/11/2012 1:06:58 AM

When I have a cold, I have it forever! Any advice on what to do at school? I can't bring a humidifier...

by marissa13_3 on 4/6/2012 1:40:59 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!
this is gonna sound really gross, but whenever i wax my underarms, its like all bumpy. Not huge bumps, but you can definatly tell. how come my underarms arent smooth? is there any way i can make them smooth? o and i dont like shaving or using Veet coz i have black, so it makes my underarms look super dark no matter how good i do it. so yah, whys it all wierd and bumpy and how do i make my underarms smooth?

Hey babe,

This really isn't gross, it happens with all of us.  Unfortunately, there really isn't any way to change that.  You're welcome to try exfoliating with a scrub a few times a week, that might work.
Jordan S.

by WhoAmI? on 4/2/2012 5:11:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I need help/advice on my eyes. I have this problem where all of a sudden half my eye would be red as if irritated (like the veins and everything). Like from the circle part and so on pretty much replacing the white area in the eye. Its not pinkeye because after some time it goes away and then weeks or a few months later it comes back (usually not in the same area though). Like in the other side/eye. I wear contacts but their not due for a change (since I get a notification of when to change them). I don't really have allergies, but is it possible that, that could be it? Or is it something else? I've tried putting some cold water on a pad and it helps a bit, making it less red-but more like a pinky-but it also stings since my mom says that its because its irritated.
I just want to know why do I keep having this and what can I do about it? Also if I need medical help or something of the sort. Please help!

This sounds like a problem that needs to be addressed by a doctor. Is sounds like you might have something wrong that needs medical attention. You probably need a special type of eye drops or a different brand of contacts. I might also be possible that you have an allergy as you suggested. You need to see a doctor next time this happens so he/she can evaluate it.

Amanda P.

by candygirl16 on 3/26/2012 4:07:12 PM

MOD, MOD!!!
i was wondering, if my mom got her period when she was 10, and i am almost 12, and i have small breasts, my hips are getting wider, and i am getting the normal hormones ( breaking out, discharge, mood swings,) will i get my period soon? i am also getting lots of headaches and abdominal pain.

Hey girl,

What age your mom was when she got her period doesn't affect you, because it depends on a lot of factors including size, so don't base your off of your mom's! If you're a pretty average size and in good health, you could be getting your period soon, but there's really no way to tell for sure! If you're getting headaches and pain, thougn, you should talk to a doc to see what's up.

Meghan D.

by taytaydance13 on 3/16/2012 11:22:24 PM

Mod mod mod
I have a crush on a guy, let's say his name is bob. Someone told "bob" I like him, but I don't know who! Now I am afraid to trust any of my friends in fear that they were the one who told.

Hey! just ask your friends who it was. the ones you can trust will tell you the truth

Helen S.

by r1n2s3 on 3/16/2012 4:21:51 PM

I know all this. XD But, I never do the salt thing unless my throat hurts pretty badly.

by Chloe<3 on 3/13/2012 4:16:43 PM

ok every one knows you should eat soup when your sick. i don't acvise gargeling salt. gross. also your mothers cousin is older and has a good imune system.

by aaarrrppp on 3/12/2012 8:38:16 PM

do that all the time!
** hey everyone! join my club, funky hats club, if u hav a cool hat or like hats!!! we discuss fashion and beauty, hair, and did i mention hats? awesome! join pls! Smile**

by beaglegal on 3/12/2012 8:26:34 PM

My mom's distant cousin has gargled with salt in her water everyday for a few years and hasn't gotten sick once!

by Noissap on 3/12/2012 6:44:44 PM

Yay! Good ideas so we won't have to worry about STILL having an annoying cold in the summer time!!

by svds on 3/12/2012 5:56:36 PM

great tips! im just now getting over a cold

by j4zm09 on 3/12/2012 3:19:47 PM