AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 rule the school with Royal Flush Boots from @ChineseLaundry: http://t.co/aCrfs8vPrP

2 HOURS AGO 6 farm stand fruits and veggies to nosh right now: http://t.co/Cz75yXUyjX

14 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

COMMENTS

No-fail makeup secrets to play up your eye color

The windows to your soul just got a whole lot brighter.

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey so I just started highschool soccer, and I made JV, I'm just really frustrated because all the girls dont take it seriously and they dont try in practice and it doesnt seem like they care. Also they completly ignore the coach and dont focus. It drives me crazy because I played on a premiere travel league my whole life so to have these girls not focusing and doing their best drives me crazy!!! what can i do to help them along and to focus more! thanks so much! I dont want to sound cocky or annoying its just that I dont think that I will improve in that kind of environment. Thanks in advance!!

Hey girl,

I know it's really hard, but the best thing you can do is persevere through this and use it as motivation for YOU to work harder. Ask your coach what you can do to get better, work as hard as you can during practices, and BRING IT during games. Compared to the rest of the team, you'll stand out because you're so committed! That'll help you work up to varsity in the future - aka playing with a team who cares a lot more, shares your dedication, and will help you grow Smile It's tough to work so independently, but just keep telling yourself this won't last forever!
Lauren C.

by liddywitty on 3/15/2012 10:25:03 PM

mod mod mod
what is a good eyeshadow for purple eyes. i know they are not common but i have them.
messy-luv's-you

Hey babe,

A really soft gray smokey eye would look gorgeous with purple eyes! Yellowy gold tones can also help make the color pop. A deep green eyeliner with plain silvery shimmer eyeshadow could be very pretty too Smile
Lauren C.

by messy-luv's-you on 3/15/2012 9:59:18 PM

this is kinda weird considering I'm already 12, but I'm not sure if my eyes are hazel or green. They are green with a ring of brown around the pupil. Also I'm getting contacts (yayyy!) But i want to know what color to get IF i get colored contacts, i must just get regualr ones tho.
THANK YOU!

Hey babe,

It's not weird at all! Lots of people experience changing eye colors, either from day to day or even from morning to night! I'd probably just get regular contacts for now. Get the hang of those and then, if you REALLY want to mix up your look with different color eyes, make that decision later on. Personally, I think your eyes sound gorgeous as their natural color though! <3
Lauren C.

by tori42 on 3/15/2012 9:39:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD... hi, so my mom says that I should get bangs to make me have a "softer" look. My hair is curly and i don't about side bangs? Also, i have some pimple and a couple zits and i don't know what to do! Any good skin products under $10? And how should i convince my mom to let me get new vans? ALSO, do Vans go with like mesh sport shorts? Sorry for all the questions! HELP! THANKS

Hey babe,

No need to be sorry! That's what we're here for Smile

1. Curly hair is a little tough with bangs... you have to be really serious about styling your hair, and most often will have to straighten them. If you think you can commit to that, give it a try! Side bangs are great because they take less time to grow out Smile

2. I wash my face with Clean & Clear's Morning Burst cleanser in the morning and at night. Drink lots of water throughout the day and DON'T touch your face (your fingers can transfer oils, which clog pores). Give it a try and see how your skin reacts!

3. Try asking and agreeing to split the price of the new shoes. Or offer to do chores around the house to "pay" them off. They totally go with sport shorts (it can be a cute sporty look), but go with lots of other things too! (Another thing to tell your mom, which might help convince her!) Smile
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 3/15/2012 9:06:02 PM

My eyes are grey. I don't mean that theyre kinda blue-ish, theyre completely gray. I kinda annoys me how often you ignore gray when you do eye-makeup tutorials like this. Can you please try to include gray more? It's a common color.

Thanks for your suggestion, babe! We agree, gray eyes are common and deserve some time in the spotlight Smile  We'll work on it!
Lauren C.

by ellybelle98 on 3/15/2012 7:59:14 PM

hi! i'm going to start babysitting this little 6 year old in my neighborhood this summer. i'll be babysitting her for 3 days a week, a total of about 10 1/2 hours per week. how much should i charge? this will be my first real babysitting job, but i've been watching my cousins since i was 11 (i'm 13 now)

Hey girl,

You could probably charge anywhere from $5-$10 per hour. It depends on a few things, like how many kids you'll be watching, how old they are, what you'll be responsible for (ranging anywhere from just sitting around to make sure they stay asleep or making dinner and helping with homework). You kinda have to use your judgement... and don't be afraid to ask the parents how much they were thinking!

And since you're just starting as a babysitter, don't forget we have TONS of babysitting tips in our On the Job section - definitely check it out! Smile
Lauren C.

by guitargirl7321 on 3/15/2012 7:38:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Okay so my school has rented out our entire local theater for one of our end of the year field trips and we're going to see the Hunger Games. My question is what should I wear? I have a lot of random clothes and I have no idea! Please help!!!!!

Hey babe,

WOW, that is so cool of your school to do that for you!! That'll be so fun! Personally, I'd want to be cute and comfy, so I'd go with a pair of skinny jeans, neutral flats (like tan or brown), and a long-sleeved striped tee. I would accessorize with a colorful scarf around my neck and maybe bring a cardigan just in case it's chilly in the theater Smile
Lauren C.

by Jetdoggy24 on 3/15/2012 7:25:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I have an athletic body type (muscular legs, broad shoulders) and I want to know what kind of styles look best on my body type before I go shopping for spring clothes. Also, I'm not much of a dress-wearer (the consequences at my school are pretty bad for short skirts). Thank you!

Hey girlie,

Girls with muscular legs should totally go for wide leg jeans, like bootcut or boyfriend styles, because they can slim legs and give a long, lean look. Shirts with a boat neck or scoop neck and fluttery cap sleeves are GREAT for athletic gals. V necks can also help call attention to a lean torso, rather than your shoulders/arms (while halter tops, for example, could make your shoulders look bigger so you should stay away from those). The most important thing is to try stuff on at the mall though - be creative, don't forget to accessorize (cardigans, skinny belts around the waist, and scarves could all add dimension to your look), and keep an open mind! Smile
Lauren C.

by Fly1213 on 3/15/2012 7:04:06 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodwhat are some good makeup tutorials to watch?

Hey girlie,

I gotta say GL.com's makeup tutorials! They're done by our beauty intern and give ya ALL kinds of looks to try - everyday school makeup, makeup for dances, etc. Give them a try! Smile
Lauren C.

by reeses150 on 3/15/2012 7:03:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So i really really like this guy(lets say a) and ive talked to a a few times before because we sat next to each other in health. Ever since then, i couldn't stop thinking about him. I really want to get him to like me but how? im kind of awkward and un confident so i wouldn't be good at randomly starting a convo. One time he gave me the "looking at you from head to toe" look and added a nod at the end! and one time he made fun of me(: Please help me out! i really like him. Right now, were in gym together and lunch, Any tips would be appreciated!! thanks in advance!!

Hey girl,

You gotta speak up and talk to him! That's the only way to grow closer to somebody, whether you like them as a friend or a crush. If you're scared to talk in person, try texting, IMing, or chatting on Facebook. If that's not possible, try to get in line next to him at lunch or stand next to him during gym so you can make small talk. Ask him a question about his interests or something he's involved in, like a sport. Even when you pass him in the hallways, a subtle smile or wave would be a great hint Smile
Lauren C.