12 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

13 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

14 HOURS AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

COMMENTS

Eat right Q: What would Katniss do?

Three commandments for eating healthy, inspired by The Hunger Games…

MOD!!!!!!!
Ok, so I'm confused about the whole 'meal' thing. Should I eat 3 meals a day or like 5???? I read that 5-6meals a day burns fat faster.....is that true? BUT my friends mom(she's a nurse) said it's better 2 eat about 3! And my frend doesn't even eat breakfast. She thinks skipping a ton of meals will help u lose weight. She usually eats tiny or pigs out when she eats! O, and does adding a ton of veggies and fruit help u lose weight? If u eat 2 much veggies and fruit make u gain weight? Thanx ;)

Hey chica, it's great that ya wanna know more about eating healthy. So here's the deal: Eating 5-6 small meals a day is healthier, but you gotta make sure that they're not the same size as the normal meals that you eat. If you're goin' for more small ones, they should be between 300 and 400 calories each. And you're right that skipping breakfast is bad. Whether you choose to eat 3 or 5 meals a day, you gotta get some healthy breakfast in there to kick-start your metabolism. Eating more fruits and veggies in general can help you lose weight, but only if they're replacing other stuff that you'd normally eat. If you're just adding them on top of what you usually eat, that's good nutrient-wise, but not calorie-wise.
Carrie R.

by Krisskatt on 7/4/2012 3:14:31 AM

Hey Icecreamsandwich13, it may help to get your parents to stop buying so much junk or greasy food, so won't be tempted to eat it. It may also help to get them to hide food from you so you don't overeat. Ever heard the phrase "out of sight, out of mind"? Well it's true. The less you see of food, the less you'll desire it. If you eat whenever you're bored, it will be beneficial to pick up a hobby. You can try anything, painting, designing, dancing whatever you like. When you have to eat munch on healthy things. There are lots of healthy tasty snacks like trail mix, granola bars, fruit, smoothies, etc. Experimenting with combos like apples and caramel, or celery and peanut butter will be fun too. And you don't have to give up candy and chips completely, just eat that stuff occasionally and set up limits for yourself. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay. I have a problem. I eat ALL the time. A lot too. Everyday I tell myself I won't, but I do anyway! It gets to the point where I lie to my parents and I feel extremely bad about it. I'm an active person but this "habit" of mine is annoying and bad. How can I get myself to stop?
Thank you so much(: Lynae P.

by Icecreamsandwich13 on 6/2/2012 11:14:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD I have an oval face and I have NO cheeks. They look sucked into my skin. How can I fill out my face and get rounder cheeks? When I gain weight, I gain it everywhere except my face!?

Hey girlie,

Instead of trying to gain weight to fill your face out, try getting your hair cut in a way that works best for oval faces! Long layers, full side-swept bangs, and beachy waves can look great on girls with oval faces because it gives you the illusion of volume! <3

Lauren C.

by lemontwist213 on 4/18/2012 9:09:57 PM

My mom didnt let me see rhe movie because she never lets me do anything, and she is selfish. Frown

by Sunny4132 on 3/31/2012 9:54:35 PM

MODMOD
hey i haveee super big thighs and the worst muffin top as well a disturrbing set of love handels. and i hope u know that none of these excersises have anyy effect on me because these are just making the muscels bigger. not losing fat. and im getting super diiscourageds by allllll of your models looking unhealthy and having no shape.

Hey girl, sorry that you are getting discouraged by some of our posts, but GL always tries to represent girls of all shapes and sizes. Our fave photo shoots are the "Love Your Bod" shoots because every girl is so different and beautiful. Some girls are shapely and others are straight up and down, but everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Fitness gurus and health experts help us create some of the exercises that we post to ensure that we have workouts for everyone. I know it might seem that your muscles are only getting bigger, but it's actually very difficult for females to gain muscle. If you want to target fat, try doing high-intensity cardio (think running sprints followed by a slow walk or jog). Also remember that your daily diet can be more important in fat loss!

Colleen K.

by unicornsister on 3/26/2012 7:43:39 AM

I loved the movie. I went to see the midnight premiere with my best friend's family. It was probably the best movie-to-book translation I've seen. I hadn't picked a "Team" because I read the books a long time ago, so I know how the series ends, but the movie made me totally Team Peeta. Even if you didn't read the books, I would def. go see the movie!!!

by jewels96 on 3/24/2012 12:11:20 PM

Just saw Hunger Games in theaters! awesome movie, great job on it! thanx 4 the info also helpful. Smile

by picorocks on 3/23/2012 11:06:45 PM

What would Katniss do? Eat a squirrel. Hmmmmmm...No thanks!

by Doodle600 on 3/22/2012 11:50:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my mom told me i am getting curves. but i don't know if i want them yet! im only 12 and i don't know if i even want them!

Hey babe,

Unfortunately, you don't have any say in this situation. If your bod is meant to have curves, those curves are coming - whether you like it or not. So you might as well like it! I know it's weird when your bod is changing and you're feeling new things, uncomfortable when you look in the mirror, or scared about the idea of "growing up." But everyone is doing it with you. Change is always scary, but growing up means you'll get to experience so many new things, learn so much more, and become an even more confident version of yourself. Just try to remember it's ok for things to feel rocky sometimes, but curves aren't the devil! They just show that you're becoming a young woman, which is a pretty cool thing Smile It might help to learn about women who have made a difference in history and used their intelligence, power, and influence to change the world. Becoming a woman is scary, but not bad - we're pretty lucky to have that chance! Smile
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 3/22/2012 9:16:37 PM

MOD MOD MOd
hey i know this is stupid but i am in florida on spring break and i really miss the guy i like. i want to take my mind off him, any tips? also i have his number but when i text him he never texts back and when he does all he says is like ya and ok and stuff like that. HELP!!!

Hey babe,

Try texting one of your friends every time you get the urge to text him. You might just be feeling a little disconnected since you're away from your crush/all your friends... but if you share your experience, the funny things you see, or your wacky thoughts with one of your besties, you'll feel WAY better! Smile
Lauren C.