10 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

13 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

14 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Hair Styles Tutorial: Craft a modern crown

This medieval hairdo is updated for a 21st century rockin’ look that’ll turn heads.

im trying this one out i love braiding lol

by PRETTYPRINCESS911 on 7/18/2012 4:51:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I’m gonna get my hair cut soon and I really need a good, easy hair style. My current style is basic; shoulder-length, straight, and long bangs. I want something good for my thick, auburn hair. I have a heart face (I think) and I’m trying to grow my hair out. Do you have any suggestions that will let me be able to do different hairdos for school, yet be easy to keep up? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You're lucky, because heart-shaped faces can handle ANY hair cut really well! Smile Personally, I would keep the length and get layers cut into your hair starting around your chin. With your long bangs and straight/thick texture, it'll give some body and bounce to your hair... and it'll really spice it up! Plus, layers can be made piecey for an edgy look, curled for a girly fancy look, or left normal for everyday. Love it! <3
Lauren C.

by emmyie11 on 4/28/2012 10:33:52 PM

I play a lot of sports during the summer so I keep my hair up a lot of the time. My hair is starting to get pretty long that even if I put it in a high ponytail, it's still past my neck. I still want to keep my long hair but is their anything I can do so that it stays up and still looks good( I'm always concerened that my hair looks bad when I put it up)

Hey Girly!

Long hair is beautiful and I’m sure you look great with your hair up! Try putting it in a cute bun if you want to keep it out of your face. You could also do a variety of braids to keep it out of your face and still look super cute! Any of these would work but I would recommend getting a headband for when you play sports to guarantee that no hair would be in your face. Headbands are super cute too so no matter what you do, your hair will look great. Hope this helps!

Lynae P.

by toto858 on 4/28/2012 6:33:55 PM

I play sports a lot during summer so I keep my hair up a lot of the time, but it is starting to get long. I want to keep it long but I don't know what to do to keep it up so it doesn't get in my face. What styles can I do so that my hair stays up and looks great at the same time.

Hey Girly!

My best friend used to have long hair and she was an athlete. She used to put her hair back in a bun with a cute headband to keep her hair out of her face. She would also do a braid to keep her hair back and tight in place. I would try any of these. I think a headband would be best to keep your hair out of your face and plus they are super cute! I hope this helps doll!

Lynae P.

by toto858 on 4/28/2012 6:28:45 PM

Very pretty! Tried it out. Very easy and pretty.

Join my Book Recommendation club if your looking for a new book to read or found a book that others will love!

by olivia192000 on 4/25/2012 5:16:25 AM

My mom did a waaaaaaaaaaaay cool thing that looks just like that, but it's really a french braid that goes all around my head tots cool

by purplecupcake411 on 4/21/2012 12:30:21 AM

This is so cute, I wish I had longer hair Smile

by hmonkey2 on 4/15/2012 12:05:30 AM

I'm considering getting highlights in my hair. I have darkish brown hair, so I would get a lighter shade of brown highlights. If you get somewhat natural-looking highlights, does it look strange at your roots as your hair grows? Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Hey girlie,

As long as you go with a natural color (not platinum blonde or pink, for example), it won't look too weird when it grows in! You will be able to tell because you live with it, but other people will just see the highlights fading into your roots Smile Plus you can always get them done again in a couple months if you liked the way it looks!
Lauren C.

by guitargirl21 on 4/14/2012 11:45:30 PM

MODMODMOD!
How do you become a mod? Or is it just certain people? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Our intern coordinator also hires mods, so here is the info on becoming an intern, because you apply to the same amazing ed, Jess! You do have to be at least 18 to be a mod, though. http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx

Meghan D.

by jumpersb on 4/13/2012 9:31:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i'm going on my first date tonight and don't know what hairstyle to wear. i have shoulder length brown curly hair. what do you suggest and how do you do it?

Hey! just a wash and blow dry will leave it fresh, clean and pretty!

Helen S.