14 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

15 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

16 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

6 sneaky ways to be a lean machine

Shape up in time for bikini season with our get-fit-fast tips!

Mod! I've always been average weight but a couple months ago I got these pockets of fat on my hips and a muffin top. Then over spring break I over ate and gained a lot of weight. Now my thighs look really flabby and I have a little bit of cellulite on my tummy. I weigh 125 lbs and I'm about 5"4. What can I do?

Hey girl,

Try working out more and eating more fruits and veggies! Go to a class at the gym, or exercise with your friends -- it will be way more fun! Don't worry about it too much -- you have plenty of time to catch up on what you ate over one break, and you deserve to enjoy your youth!

Meghan D.

by dancegirl1309 on 3/23/2012 9:54:33 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Help!!! By the end of the school year, I want to weigh seventy pounds, and now I weigh eighty six. Is this a reasonable goal??? If so, what should I do??? Should I go on an APPROPRITATE diet for tweens, and excersice more??? Well, I swim for 2 1\2 hours three days a week, and then have 1 1\2 hours of volleyball once a week and forty minutes of gym practically every day, is this enough??? Also, I LOVE popcorn, and is it healthy for me??? I don't put salt on it although it does come with a lot of butter.

Hey girl,

I don't know whether that's a reasonable goal because you need to consider your Body Mass Index and talk with your doctor before starting a serious weight loss plan! A doctor will help you figure out a diet / exercise plan that works for your age and size. It sounds like you're staying active and eating healthy, which is great, so stick with that and you should be fine! Popcorn can be healthy when it's not loaded with extras, so skip the extra butter when you can.

Meghan D.

by Sarah510 on 3/23/2012 8:26:10 PM

MOD MOD MMOD
hey i like a guy but another one of my friends likes him too and she always brags about texting him and she tries to embarrass me in front of him and she doesnt even know i like him. also i think he likes my friend who is super pretty and popular. i am soo jealous! HELP!!!!!!!

Hey! If she tries to make you look bad in front of him, she's probably guessed that you like him, and feels jealous herself. I think youguys should talk about this so that this guy stops coming between you two. good luck!

Helen S.

by kittykove2 on 3/23/2012 7:57:50 PM

So I've been serious about running for about 3 years, and I have lots of leg muscle, its just I still have fat thighs. I hate having to buy bigger sizes in jeans so I fit... any ideas how I can get rid of the fat? (sorry that was kinda weird...Smile) Thanks!

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate
exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but
that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's
life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you
there is. Here's our fitness page: http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by HMS712 on 3/23/2012 6:21:24 PM

I might be going to skating rink to see my friends tonight but I have a little problem there.
Everyone makes out or dances dirty, and they dont even skate! But its spring break and im broke.
I really like seeing my friends there though.
Plus my mom doesnt have the car gas or money to go do certain places or anything so i have to go to the skating rink with my friends.
What should I do about the nasty stuff that happens there?

Hey! If something makes you uncomfortable, you should by no means participate in it. That doesn't mean you can't hang out at the dance with your friends and have fun though. Touch base with them beforehand and see if anyone would be cool with just hanging out with you. Even if all your friends are pressuring you, you shouldn't dance in a way that makes you feel bad. So if they all do it, just find someone else to talk to. Good luck!

Helen S.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 3/23/2012 5:07:34 PM

mod mod mod
hey, the link in the poll for instructions on how to do the music notes only gives a picture of the design. no directions, just to let you know.

by guitargirl7321 on 3/23/2012 4:44:21 PM

So, the weekend The Hunger Games comes out, you say DON'T watch a movie? Yeah right.

by Dawnstar on 3/23/2012 4:02:02 PM

Great tips! Smile
Please join my new club, Live Life, Happy. We discuss tips on how to be optimistic and tricks on how to have a positive outlook on life. Please join! (P.S. All official positions are open!)

by future_artist on 3/23/2012 1:10:13 PM

I'm really good at rollarblading but my parents never take me Frown

by guitargirl7321 on 3/23/2012 11:14:23 AM

thanks!! i also walk around when i have to sit or stand for minutes.

by ego4fashion on 3/23/2012 2:10:19 AM