8 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

11 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

12 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

Don't panic! What to do when you're freakin' out

Learn to think your way out of any surprise scenario…

MOD MOD MOD!!
So my best friend, Olivia, likes this boy named Mason. Mason and I are good friends. Whenever Mason and I are talking, Olivia shoots me looks. When I talk to her about it, she says that I'm flirting and stealing "her guy". In fact, whenever any of her friends talk to him, she gets all strung up and complains about how we're stealing him. She says that we flirt.
We always argue that we're just talking, but she gets so angry. She's convinced that he likes my friend Harriet. We tell her he doesn't, but once she gets an idea, she won't let go.
It's sooooooo annoooyinnnnggg.
I tell her that I'll stop talking to him if she'll get off my case, but she always shakes her head and says it's fine. What really make me angry is the fact that she gets angry that we talk to him, but when we say we'll ignore him, she says no!
Help?!

Hey babe,

Sit her down and have a serious one-on-one with her.  Let her know that you and some others have noticed that she seems to get overly-protective over him and you don't want that to ruin any chances of her being with him and being happy.

Make it clear that you want her to succeed in getting what she wants, but be careful because she may think you're "attacking" her.
Jordan S.

by MissFrizz73 on 3/24/2012 6:09:55 PM

ON my last post i meant that i hug her and say love you and stuff like that. I do hang out with just her and i am friends with her thats why i am so confused..
thanks

Hmmm...maybe she just needs a little time to sort things out then! Good for you for trying to be friends with her -- maybe if you just leave them alone for a little while they'll come around!

Meghan D.

by cgirl751 on 3/23/2012 10:39:31 PM

I broke up with this guy about 1 year and 2 months ago. We decided to stay friends so he did. About2 weeks ago he got his first gf since we broke up. I'm friends with her now because of him. i found out today he thinks i hate her and im trying to sabotage their relationship. Also her and her friends think i like him still. I don't understand what i did to make any of them think that bc most of the time im really annoyed with him and act like I hate him and I am friends with her and we do the normal friend stuff like hugging and saying i love you in the friend way. Whats up with them?

Hey girl,

You can tell him you're not trying to sabotage his relationship and that you still want to be friends -- hopefully he'll trust you if you were together for a long time! It makes sense that she's jealous if you're hugging and saying "I love you" -- which can be said casually, but not typically by people who dated for more than a year -- she's still getting to know him and might be worried since you two have an extensive history. If you want to be friends with her and make them both like you, why not hang out with her one-on-one? She'll realize you're totally sweet and not a threat to their relationship. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by cgirl751 on 3/23/2012 8:47:34 PM

MODMODMOD my family isn't even a family anymore. As long as I can remember my parents always fight, my siblings fight with each other, and my dad yells at me and my siblings all the time. It's gotten so bad that I've slept over my friends' house A LOT and they've noticed. One day when I came home my mom was talking to me and stopped and looked and said how I grew taller and started crying because she barely sees me anymore. I've told my parents how I feel and they always ignore me and my moods been changing and my friends are noticing too. What should I do and sorry this is long.

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your family troubles. It's hard when families fight, and when you're growing up in the middle of it, it's that much harder. maybe you should try seeing a family counselor, so that everyone has a chance to speak and be heard. If they won't go with you, you could also try talking to a counselor or trusted adult. If it all feels too overwhelming, don't hesitate to check this out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Helen S.

by Sammy4457 on 3/23/2012 8:04:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So i live in New England but we r having an extreamly hot march. ITS LIKE IN THE 80'S!!!!! All the girls in my grade have these short jean shorts wich they wear spandex underneath. Then they war low tanks or tshirts. What should I wear??? i REALLY want short shorts, but my mom is totally against them. (My mom is a high school teacher) I also wouldnt mind things from victorias secret pink collection... I've tried being good, and doing extra chores but she just wont budge. I'm out of ideas. HELP!!!!

Hey girl!  You can't really undermine your mother wishes, so just respect what she wants.   Maybe you should go shopping with your mom to see what she would allow you to wear, and take it from there.  Even if you don't get to wear short shorts, maybe you could wear the low tanks and t-shirts.  Or maybe you could wear skirts!  That's a nice compromise, right?  Never hurts to try!

xo,

Channa R.

by quahaugs on 3/23/2012 7:36:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
i have cheer tryouts april 23rd-25th, so its coming up! for the team, since it'll be the freshmen team, all the girls make it, so we can see if we like it to do it the other 3 years of high school.
i really want to get my splits down by then, &my cousin who's big on dance and cheer says i can get it down if i stretch and practice everyday.
im not motivated tho! i'll get ready to work on my splits, then be like "oh i'll just do it tomorrow."
any advice?

I suggest you dont take any excuses. Instead of just letting yourself say "ill do it tomorrow" do it right that second. Take the initiative! Dont let yourself slack. Thats the best way to power through this. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by friendsrforever on 3/21/2012 11:26:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD:
okay so i need help. i need some advice on clothes.its late march, and really hot were i live right now.
All the girls in my class wear stuff like adorable shorts, form fitting t's and converse. i have that stuff, but im really self concious. im a lil overweight so my legs might not look their best, and i probs cant rock a form fitting t shirt. im in 5th grade and my mom lets me wear what a like, as long as its appropriate/clean/in good conidition... ya. can you help? ps: i get alot of my clothes at playdoes clostet. sorry it was long and thx in advance. Smile

Hey girl, I say go for it! Wear whatever you want to wear, wear it! Life is short, so always go for it. I'm big on summer dresses in the spring and summer. Those are my favorite. Why not try some of those? I usually get my stuff at department stores at the mall. Good quality, but cheaper than other stores.

lauren r.

by red716 on 3/21/2012 5:57:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
okay so this guy in my grade who I've been talking to lately. I don't know if we're flirting or not. We joke around a lot and he teases me and stuff like that. I sorta like him but I don't know if he's joking around like flirting or like friends! I'm so confused. I don't want to flirt and look like a fool. Also, he's always been the annoying kid and gross and stuff but now I'm starting to see him differently but if I tell my friends that I'm starting to like him, they'll think I've lost my mind. What should I do??
Thanks (: and sorry for this being so long

Hey girl!

There is a chance he considers you a friend and is flirting for fun, so if you like him as a potential boyfriend, try dropping some hints to see if he asks you out or ask him out. Usually when a guy likes someone, he lets them know pretty directly. <3
Krupali D.

by sweetheart118 on 3/20/2012 4:43:53 PM

ahh!!! MODMODMOD!!!! please help mee! in drama class we have to monologs so like standing in front of the entire class and talking, and we are given what were supposed to say, but we have to memorize the WHOLE THING in 5 days!!! Mine is 33 lines long!!!! its comedy too, and i am afraid Im gonna make a fool out of myself! I am just really shy when it comes to these things, I didnt even want to be in drama but my mom forced me and I hate it! I am supposed to be dorothy from the wizard of oz remembering what happened in oz, but I am just freaked out about standing up there by myself and forgetting what I am supposed to sayy!!! plzzzzzzzz helpp meee!!!!

Hey girly!

In drama class, you're in a learning environment and everyone is going through what you are and are afraid of the same thing. So try to memorize your lines and remember that in class most people make mistakes and learn from them. Besides, you'll likely have plenty of sympathizers and fellow actors who forget their lines too. Once you understand what the scene is about and what the characters might be feeling or thinking, it gets easier to memorize.
Krupali D.

by honeycakes on 3/20/2012 3:15:34 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!
I have an issue I was hoping you could help me with.
I don't make friends very easily. I mean, yeah, I've got tons of "Friends", but they don't feel very real. They're the kind of people who say that you're bffs with them one day and the next you are thrown away like an used tissue or something.
I let very few people get to know the real me- underneath the expensive clothes and generic jokes and pasted on smiles, I am a completely different person, but there are about 5 people who even have a glimpse of this.
I want to show who I am- who I really, truly am- to my friends, but I think I will be rejected.
I've had so many people I've let in my world turn away and leave my life forever, so many people that made me happy once who just go, like it's nothing.
I don't want to be the outcast. But I don't want to keep pretending. I don't want to lose any more people. But I can't stay like this.
What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Finding real friends is tough! It's not easy to trust people especially when it comes to showing your true self. But you know what - you cannot connect with people if you don't show them who you really are! Just be yourself and let them get to know you. If they don't accept you, you know they're not worth it. But if they accept you for who you are, that means there's a good chance they might become true friends!
alicia m.