Bridget M.

is modding

37 MINUTES AGO Xmas is Thurs, so it's only right that you peep this week's #horoscopes. Will you get what you've been wishing for? http://t.co/TB5kfiiUF9

1 HOURS AGO #DIY coasters for you besties (their mom's will all thank you): http://t.co/bpbD9nmJLW

2 HOURS AGO 2014 was a good year for the beauty world! Check out @ArianaGrande rocking our fave trends: http://t.co/fwP71jgkGR #arianators

COMMENTS

Don't panic! What to do when you're freakin' out

Learn to think your way out of any surprise scenario…

My Uncle just told me he has a very far stage of cancer and there is nothing doctors can do and that he is dying, how do I cope?
P.S. I'm crying massive tears right now!

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. Because we wish you and your family the best, it's important that you speak with a trusted adult--maybe a family member who understands how you're feeling, or a teacher, guidance counselor or doctor. They'll be able to show you professional ways to cope and will listen to you explain how you're feeling. It will help to talk to someone in person! And try to talk to your uncle or spend time with him if you can. For more resources, check out this link: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx.
Meghan D.

by RCACsquad670 on 12/31/2012 8:40:31 PM

Well I am spending the weekend with my family because we found out a few weeks ago that my grandfather has brain cancer. Thats all everyone's talking about and that's not surprising, but everyone is really sad and crying and my grandma is so sad and I wasn't really accepting it until now. But I feel like I should be more upset. Is it a bad thing that I'm not as upset as everyone else? I'm sad and I love my grandpa to death, but I haven't cried and I feel heartless for it. I don't know what to do!

by Sunny79 on 9/8/2012 8:42:41 PM

mod mod mod!!
my life is falling apart. my great gramma is in the hospital with a problem with her lungs and is probably gunna die very soon and my grampa has stomach cancer...my mom is my rock and to see her so upset and crying all the time is horrible for me...is there anything i could do to make her a little more uplifted and positive?? thnxx

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through, that must be so hard. Give your mom lots of hugs and tell her you love her. she may have to be sad for a while, that's how the grieving process works, so just try to be supportive and understanding if she's upset. and remember, it's ok for you to cry too. I'm sending good thoughts your way, girl!

Helen S.

by luvinlife12 on 8/20/2012 8:35:58 PM

Hey hifroyo, if you introduce him to your dad, he might change his mind. Maybe after school when your dad picks you up, bring him with you so they can see each other. Tell your dad you two are just friends and won't do anything too mature. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
to start off im 11 there is this guy at school who i like and he makes it obvious that he likes me back. we have the same interests and he looks like niall from one direction.SCORE!!!! the thing is my dad wont let me date and i would completely lose his trust if i did and he found out. i know im young but if he asks me out hes sweet enough to agree to only hand holding and hugging. kissing can wait a while. the reason my dad wont let me date is cuz my sister got pregnant at 16 but he should know i wouldnt turn out like that cuz my catholic school teaches us more about that. i really like this guy and i dont want to leave him hangin. what should i do?!?!!?? Lynae P.

by hifroyo on 8/18/2012 5:13:17 AM

Hey girl, I'm very sorry to hear this. Please tell your mom ASAP, your friend may be mad at first, but he will appreciate it in the long run.  This is a serious matter and you can be very helpful.  If you don't want to tell your mom, please tell a trusted adult.  You can also trying calling the number at NINELINE.org it is anonymous and your call will not go on the phone bill. xxoo
Maggie P.

by albi on 8/2/2012 1:03:20 PM

Im a competitive diver and its really a lot of stress and i just cant take it anymore. Everything they expect us to do is so scary and to be quite honest I HATE IT. But my parents still think I love it because im too scared to tell them i dont since i quit gymnastics a while back. I dont want to dissapoint them, but i find myself dreading waking up in the morning because I have practice and crying when I get home from all the stress. Not to mention the fact the older kids i dive with drink and do bad stuff all the time and a college kid came back to dive with us during summer pushed my 13 year old friend (whos a girl!) off the diving board and cussed her out. I cant stand it there but I dont know what to do. Please help me! Thanks.

Hey chica!  If you hate diving, your parents are going to understand why you want to quit.  Tell them what you told me and I'm sure they'll be on your side.  No parent wants their child to do something they hate! If diving has a season, your parents may want you to stick it out til the end of the season, so you'll have to deal with the older divers.  Sometimes, older kids forget what it's like to be 13 and forget how their actions affect younger girls.  Just try to avoid them, and don't partake in their drinking or anything else you feel uncomfortable with.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by alyssadiver on 7/10/2012 1:06:09 AM

MODMODMOD
I guess to start off, my friend who lives out of state and I are going to a camp together that is way out of my state. Well, we were. I was talking to her last night and she said she suddenly couldn't go because of some financial problems. That really sucked, and I can't withdraw from the camp because it's too late. The thing is I've never gone without her and I'm scared of being alone. It's a good camp and I'm pretty sure they'll be nice people there, but I don't know. I just don't want to be a loner and have no one to hang out with. It's really bumming me out and I'm not quite sure what to do. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Hey girl! I'm sorry about your friend Frown it's super important to be a good friend to her right now because I'm sure she's just as bummed as you are.  As for camp, consider this a new chance to make some new friends!  Make the most of it and I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends who have things in common with you.  A lot of people probably won't know anyone, so you'll be in the same boat.  Have fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by maddiescar97 on 6/26/2012 3:12:18 PM

Mod mod mod!!
For the past three or so months I've been freaking out and having huge panic attacks about every single little thing wrong about me. I go crazy if I even get a scratch or if my head even starts to hurt just a little, if I have a slight stomach ache I jump to the worst possible thing that could be wrong, etc. I think I'm developing something along the lines of hypochondria, because I can never stop thinking about stuff that could be wrong with my health. I'm 13 and I have a line of different cancers in my family. I cannot stop thinking about illnesses and it's really driving me crazy but I have no idea what to do and I'd really like to fix this, but I have no idea how. What do you think could be wrong with my mental state and how can I fix myself from thinking this way???

Hey girl,

It sounds like you should get some pro advice from a doctor, your guidance counselor or your parents. They deserve to know what's going on in your life! And if you get stressed, relax and take a deep breath, because it's all going to be okay in the end Smile

Meghan D.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 6/8/2012 10:51:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I had spinal fusion on june 7 2011 because i had scoliosis when i had surgery they put a titanium rod over my spine to keep it from curving.the problem is that i do gymnastics and i had to start back at level one and i cant do backwards or forward rolls or basically anything that requires curving your backi just CANT and it SUCKS what should i do about it???nobody will help!

Hey girl!

I am so sorry to hear about your scoliosis troubles! You sound like you've taken your situation in stride and that's something we can all admire. While it totally stinks that you can't do certain gymnastics moves, I think you should keep at it. If you love it, continue doing as much as you can. Maybe you can also find another sport or hobby that you love just as much and doesn't require so much bending of your back. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by hawii12328 on 6/8/2012 1:55:45 AM

Mod Mod Mod...
Alright,so my sister is going on a huge trip and she has to pay for it all.She is working for my parents and their company while getting some money by doing chores because she has to pay them back(they already payed for it all).My parents business is getting a little slow so my dad is working like 24/7.He is super tired and usually a little cranky when he comes home.He also gets really mad at my sister because she goes over her texting limits.So like at least once a week it is my sister with either my mom or dad or both fighting and yelling at each other.I don't really want to talk to them because they would just yell at me or get mad.A couple days ago my dad said at dinner that 'he works to pay the bill and that we(myself, mom, and sister) need to work some too'.Im only 13 and my dad gets super stressed about it all.I have a good amount of money myself and I know I need to do chores but he wants me to like work like a job for them too.My sister didn't when at 13.Help!

Hey babe,

Your parents are probably just super stressed and overwhelmed right now. Try doing chores without being asked to, and doing a little extra around the house so that he doesn't have to worry about that stuff in addition to his own work. Have a talk with your dad (or your mom, if that's easier) when he's in a calmer mood and just explain to him that you will do a better job of keeping on top of your chores. If he says that he wants you to work for his company, ask what you would need to do. It might be something easy that you can contribute. If it sounds like too much, explain to him that you don't have the time for a job right now but that you're willing to help with any additional projects at home!
Kelly G.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/25/2012 1:01:43 PM

Mod mod mod mod
Ok so I told this guy I like him through Facebook........ I posted youd be cute with me on his wall........And he won't respond! He does other things on facebook and he won't text me back or message me back! He reads my messages just doesnt respond! How can I get him to respond?

hey girly! Guys get embarrassed very easily and being so public about you liking him may have been a bit too much, sorry to say. But try approaching him face to face on the side sometime so that he cant avoid you.
Ana D.

by Ms.cupcakeninja69 on 4/13/2012 9:08:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
A few days ago I found out that one of my friends, though not too close, has been going down the wrong road you could say. Her boyfriend of about 5 months who my family is close friends with has been most of the problem. But his parents don't know he's like that. She went to a party, more than willingly with him out on some logging roads and had 7 beers. Keep in mind that she weighs about 120 pounds... From what I heard she was completely gone and did crazy stuff that night and also tried weed and other drugs a few times. I'm worried about her. She has been skipping school a lot since she started dating her boyfriend which is bad because she used to be such a good student straight A's and is in all the honors classes, now she is falling behind. Her parents are ok with her having sex, which she does a lot, and probably won't care about the alchohol or drugs. I'm scared for her and I don't know how to address it next time I see her. Please help me!

I know it must be hard to watch. The only thing I can suggest is that you talk to her and ask how she is. If shes upset with her life and needs a change be there for her and just help her make that change. Most likely though she'll be "loving" life and having so much fun. Shes not gonna listen to a thing you say and criticizing her wont go well. The only thing you can do is be there for her. There may be a moment where everything falls apart and she realizes what she did to her life. Thats where you come in. Until that moment though shes going to make some bad decisions and theres not much you can do to stop her, especially if her parents dont care. It's rough, but its a part of being a teenager sometimes. I hope she ends up ok. Keep a look out for her. She needs your support. Also try pulling her out of the bad activities by inviting her to calm sleepovers and activities without said behaviors. She'll most likely blow you off, but you should at least try. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by kittycadet101 on 4/11/2012 10:57:19 PM

MOD,
I'm so lost. I'm 5ft2 and at my last doctors appt. I was 104lb. My doctor told me to gain 3 pounds. My parents have been stuffing me with food because of it. It's not hard to gain 3lb and I've gained the back and then some. It was the hardest thing in my life. I feel like I'm out of control with my eating. I want to break down and cry every time I gain a pound. I just don't know what to do. I try to work out as much as possible but with working out so much my grades have faltered. My life is spinning out of control and my parents won't help me. I want to be slim and toned but I've tried so hard and it isn't happening. I hate being so sad I want to be able to have the body I want with out hating myself if I go off book by having ice cream or eat a lot every once and awhile. HELP!!! Cry

I think you need to speak with a doctor or councilor about your problems because it sounds like if you don't get help soon you might develop a serious eating disorder which I know you don't want. You also need to work on time management so you can fit your school work in.

Amanda P.

by GoGreenGoPeace on 4/9/2012 4:45:42 PM

Hey mickyabc, first thing you need to do is take a deep breath. Inhale and let everything out. Know that everything is going to get better because sometimes you have to experience the bad to get to the good. Many people have romantic feelings for their family members, while it's not okay it's normal. You just need to remind yourself that he is your cousin and he can't be anything more. 2. Are you old enough to start working? Maybe you can help your mom out by babysitting, pet sitting, or doing chores for neighbors. 3. I'm very sorry that happened to you but you did the right thing which was telling someone. Let your counselor know everything you're feeling about the situation, they will help you feel better. 4. Boys can be hard to understand sometimes, trust me I know. Instead of trying to chase him let him come to you. When he's made up his mind about how he feels for you he'll let you know. Hope this helps! Xoxo

K i have a few questions
1. i am so ashamed of myself i think ive fallen in love with m cuzin when he got married ran to the bathroom and started crying they were not tears of happyniess
2. My parents are divorcing and my mom dosent have much money but i need new clothes i cant even fit into some of my shirts
3.I have three dads now itss annoying
4. my dad sexually abuseed me i told m mom but he signed me up for counciling and im scared whats gonna happen
5. my crush keeps sending me different messages one day he acs all romancey the next day he acts lke he hates me! Lynae P.

by mickyabc on 4/7/2012 1:11:48 PM

Mod mod mod mod
My sister has been dating a really nice, clean, polite guy for almost a year. For the first few months, everything was great. Then suddenly they had to work something out (which they did), but that led my mom to think that he can "talk his way out of everything" etc. She's been so judgmental of him for nothing. She and my sister have a lot of emotional fights about it and can never come to an agreement. My mom is so stubborn and judgmental; my sister is really happy with this guy, but that means nothing to my mom. She just can't find it in her to let it go and let them be happy. My sister's been feeling depressed and my mom has been so oversensitive, and this has all been going on since September. My sister's just so emotionally drained that she and her boyfriend are considering breaking up just to please everybody except themselves because they really care about each other. How can she get through to my mom to accept her boyfriend?
(sorry for the long post)

Hey girlie,

You can't force your mom to feel ok about this guy - unfortunately, if she's holding a grudge or if she's skeptical about him, only she can change her own mind. What's important here is how you treat him! If you trust him and think he's a great fit for your sis, make sure he knows that. Get to know him, show interest in his life/hobbies/family/background, and basically be a friend to him. He probably feels so unwelcome in your house and in your family but, if he gets support from you, it'll make them both feel a little better. It might not save their relationship, but if they love each other and are committed to each other, they'll make it work. You can't fix it for them and you can't change your mom's mind - all you can do is be a good person and stay true to your own feelings. If they're telling you to accept him and to care about him... then do it Smile
Lauren C.

by tap_dancer on 4/5/2012 4:27:00 PM

Hey Catty13, you have to start exercising some self control. When it's time to study or do homework, put everything that distracts you away. Get your family to hide all your gadgets and all things that get your attention so you have no choice to focus. When I study I like to have snacks or music to keep me going, so find something that will keep your energy going. Sometimes moving to a new place will help you work better. So try getting out of your room and maybe into the living room or library. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I am a really bad procrastiantor. I get distracted easily and always wait for the last minute on everything. I have tried everything I can to stop but its like a second nature to me. How can I stop? Lynae P.

by Catty13 on 3/31/2012 4:20:57 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
Hey, I have a serious issue. So, my twin has always been better than me at practically everything-making friends, school, athletics, looks, being happy, etc. This has never really bothered me before, but now it's starting to. I feel like I can't do anything without someone comparing us two, and today, (we are identical and get mixed up a lot) one of my teachers took me aside, thinking I was my sister, and told me, "Hey, I was wondering if you could talk to your sister and try to get her to try harder," and kept saying stuff like that. It made me really upset, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Do you have any advice for me?

Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that! I think what's best if you just continue and be your self. For your entire life, people will compare to you other people. Unfortunately, Its just what people do. The only way to get by that is figure out who YOU are. Continue doing your favorite things. Try doing an activity or a sport that has nothing to do with your twin. That way its your individual activity that YOU can shine for. Just keep your head up girl, you'll do great things, I promise!

lauren r.

by bluegreen332 on 3/28/2012 7:50:56 PM

Join my club, Get Fit Fast! It's a club about ,well, getting fit and being healthy! If you have any questions about it, you can look at the description on my profile! It would mean a lot for you to join. And right now, I am looking for a Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Exercise Moderator, and a Eating Right Moderator!

by New_York_City on 3/28/2012 6:44:57 PM

by New_York_City on 3/28/2012 6:42:30 PM

by Glcharity on 3/25/2012 12:16:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
So my best friend, Olivia, likes this boy named Mason. Mason and I are good friends. Whenever Mason and I are talking, Olivia shoots me looks. When I talk to her about it, she says that I'm flirting and stealing "her guy". In fact, whenever any of her friends talk to him, she gets all strung up and complains about how we're stealing him. She says that we flirt.
We always argue that we're just talking, but she gets so angry. She's convinced that he likes my friend Harriet. We tell her he doesn't, but once she gets an idea, she won't let go.
It's sooooooo annoooyinnnnggg.
I tell her that I'll stop talking to him if she'll get off my case, but she always shakes her head and says it's fine. What really make me angry is the fact that she gets angry that we talk to him, but when we say we'll ignore him, she says no!
Help?!

Hey babe,

Sit her down and have a serious one-on-one with her.  Let her know that you and some others have noticed that she seems to get overly-protective over him and you don't want that to ruin any chances of her being with him and being happy.

Make it clear that you want her to succeed in getting what she wants, but be careful because she may think you're "attacking" her.
Jordan S.

by MissFrizz73 on 3/24/2012 6:09:55 PM

ON my last post i meant that i hug her and say love you and stuff like that. I do hang out with just her and i am friends with her thats why i am so confused..
thanks

Hmmm...maybe she just needs a little time to sort things out then! Good for you for trying to be friends with her -- maybe if you just leave them alone for a little while they'll come around!

Meghan D.

by cgirl751 on 3/23/2012 10:39:31 PM

I broke up with this guy about 1 year and 2 months ago. We decided to stay friends so he did. About2 weeks ago he got his first gf since we broke up. I'm friends with her now because of him. i found out today he thinks i hate her and im trying to sabotage their relationship. Also her and her friends think i like him still. I don't understand what i did to make any of them think that bc most of the time im really annoyed with him and act like I hate him and I am friends with her and we do the normal friend stuff like hugging and saying i love you in the friend way. Whats up with them?

Hey girl,

You can tell him you're not trying to sabotage his relationship and that you still want to be friends -- hopefully he'll trust you if you were together for a long time! It makes sense that she's jealous if you're hugging and saying "I love you" -- which can be said casually, but not typically by people who dated for more than a year -- she's still getting to know him and might be worried since you two have an extensive history. If you want to be friends with her and make them both like you, why not hang out with her one-on-one? She'll realize you're totally sweet and not a threat to their relationship. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by cgirl751 on 3/23/2012 8:47:34 PM

MODMODMOD my family isn't even a family anymore. As long as I can remember my parents always fight, my siblings fight with each other, and my dad yells at me and my siblings all the time. It's gotten so bad that I've slept over my friends' house A LOT and they've noticed. One day when I came home my mom was talking to me and stopped and looked and said how I grew taller and started crying because she barely sees me anymore. I've told my parents how I feel and they always ignore me and my moods been changing and my friends are noticing too. What should I do and sorry this is long.

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your family troubles. It's hard when families fight, and when you're growing up in the middle of it, it's that much harder. maybe you should try seeing a family counselor, so that everyone has a chance to speak and be heard. If they won't go with you, you could also try talking to a counselor or trusted adult. If it all feels too overwhelming, don't hesitate to check this out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Helen S.

by Sammy4457 on 3/23/2012 8:04:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So i live in New England but we r having an extreamly hot march. ITS LIKE IN THE 80'S!!!!! All the girls in my grade have these short jean shorts wich they wear spandex underneath. Then they war low tanks or tshirts. What should I wear??? i REALLY want short shorts, but my mom is totally against them. (My mom is a high school teacher) I also wouldnt mind things from victorias secret pink collection... I've tried being good, and doing extra chores but she just wont budge. I'm out of ideas. HELP!!!!

Hey girl!  You can't really undermine your mother wishes, so just respect what she wants.   Maybe you should go shopping with your mom to see what she would allow you to wear, and take it from there.  Even if you don't get to wear short shorts, maybe you could wear the low tanks and t-shirts.  Or maybe you could wear skirts!  That's a nice compromise, right?  Never hurts to try!

xo,

Channa R.

by quahaugs on 3/23/2012 7:36:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
i have cheer tryouts april 23rd-25th, so its coming up! for the team, since it'll be the freshmen team, all the girls make it, so we can see if we like it to do it the other 3 years of high school.
i really want to get my splits down by then, &my cousin who's big on dance and cheer says i can get it down if i stretch and practice everyday.
im not motivated tho! i'll get ready to work on my splits, then be like "oh i'll just do it tomorrow."
any advice?

I suggest you dont take any excuses. Instead of just letting yourself say "ill do it tomorrow" do it right that second. Take the initiative! Dont let yourself slack. Thats the best way to power through this. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by friendsrforever on 3/21/2012 11:26:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD:
okay so i need help. i need some advice on clothes.its late march, and really hot were i live right now.
All the girls in my class wear stuff like adorable shorts, form fitting t's and converse. i have that stuff, but im really self concious. im a lil overweight so my legs might not look their best, and i probs cant rock a form fitting t shirt. im in 5th grade and my mom lets me wear what a like, as long as its appropriate/clean/in good conidition... ya. can you help? ps: i get alot of my clothes at playdoes clostet. sorry it was long and thx in advance. Smile

Hey girl, I say go for it! Wear whatever you want to wear, wear it! Life is short, so always go for it. I'm big on summer dresses in the spring and summer. Those are my favorite. Why not try some of those? I usually get my stuff at department stores at the mall. Good quality, but cheaper than other stores.

lauren r.

by red716 on 3/21/2012 5:57:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
okay so this guy in my grade who I've been talking to lately. I don't know if we're flirting or not. We joke around a lot and he teases me and stuff like that. I sorta like him but I don't know if he's joking around like flirting or like friends! I'm so confused. I don't want to flirt and look like a fool. Also, he's always been the annoying kid and gross and stuff but now I'm starting to see him differently but if I tell my friends that I'm starting to like him, they'll think I've lost my mind. What should I do??
Thanks (: and sorry for this being so long

Hey girl!

There is a chance he considers you a friend and is flirting for fun, so if you like him as a potential boyfriend, try dropping some hints to see if he asks you out or ask him out. Usually when a guy likes someone, he lets them know pretty directly. <3
Krupali D.

by sweetheart118 on 3/20/2012 4:43:53 PM

ahh!!! MODMODMOD!!!! please help mee! in drama class we have to monologs so like standing in front of the entire class and talking, and we are given what were supposed to say, but we have to memorize the WHOLE THING in 5 days!!! Mine is 33 lines long!!!! its comedy too, and i am afraid Im gonna make a fool out of myself! I am just really shy when it comes to these things, I didnt even want to be in drama but my mom forced me and I hate it! I am supposed to be dorothy from the wizard of oz remembering what happened in oz, but I am just freaked out about standing up there by myself and forgetting what I am supposed to sayy!!! plzzzzzzzz helpp meee!!!!

Hey girly!

In drama class, you're in a learning environment and everyone is going through what you are and are afraid of the same thing. So try to memorize your lines and remember that in class most people make mistakes and learn from them. Besides, you'll likely have plenty of sympathizers and fellow actors who forget their lines too. Once you understand what the scene is about and what the characters might be feeling or thinking, it gets easier to memorize.
Krupali D.

by honeycakes on 3/20/2012 3:15:34 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!
I have an issue I was hoping you could help me with.
I don't make friends very easily. I mean, yeah, I've got tons of "Friends", but they don't feel very real. They're the kind of people who say that you're bffs with them one day and the next you are thrown away like an used tissue or something.
I let very few people get to know the real me- underneath the expensive clothes and generic jokes and pasted on smiles, I am a completely different person, but there are about 5 people who even have a glimpse of this.
I want to show who I am- who I really, truly am- to my friends, but I think I will be rejected.
I've had so many people I've let in my world turn away and leave my life forever, so many people that made me happy once who just go, like it's nothing.
I don't want to be the outcast. But I don't want to keep pretending. I don't want to lose any more people. But I can't stay like this.
What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Finding real friends is tough! It's not easy to trust people especially when it comes to showing your true self. But you know what - you cannot connect with people if you don't show them who you really are! Just be yourself and let them get to know you. If they don't accept you, you know they're not worth it. But if they accept you for who you are, that means there's a good chance they might become true friends!
alicia m.

by i♥drama on 3/20/2012 1:42:41 AM

Thank you guys SO MUCH for this article. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

by doubleread56 on 3/19/2012 9:00:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
I am really insecure. I am about 10-20 lbs. overweight and I want to lose weight,but I also have ance and my hair never looks good,ect. I want to be confident,and I usually am. Typically I don't care what people think. But every now and then,I get in a funk and feel insecure. But this time it's different,I feel REALLY insecure. What should I do!?! P.S. Don't worry,I would even think about self harming in any way.

Hey girlie,

This unhappy feeling that you think is coming from all of these things is actually not really from them.  If you didn't get so down about it and you focused on what makes you happy and having all that you want then all of these things will likely slip away.

Take some time to redirect all of these negative feelings toward something that makes you happy.  Does going for a run help you let off steam? Reading? Drawing?

Jordan S.

by MadMaddie911 on 3/19/2012 8:54:30 PM

"Don’t go all ostrich and stick your head in the sand, hoping everything will magically disappear." I love that! That is my new life motto!

by Doodle600 on 3/19/2012 8:22:25 PM

Thanks! This is so helpful!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 3/19/2012 7:46:54 PM

two of my friends are with me in most of my classes and one of them i have been friends with since 1st grade and we're in 8th now so we're really close. the other girl ive been friends with since last year and all 3 of us are pretty good friends. the bad thing is me and my friend ive been friends with the longest are really getting annoyed with the other girl. she's always a downer and cant ever have fun. she acts like she's better than the rest of us and whines a lot. my friend and i really want to not be friends with her or at least not hangout with her but we dont know how to do it! since we have most classes together and i sit with the girl in science! plus, at lunch we have assigned seats so we have to sit with her. what can i do? thank you!

Hey girlie,

You can either have a talk with the girl about how sometimes the way she acts make you feel a bit uncomfortable, or you can attempt to gradually let her phase out.  Sometimes friends just generally drift apart, you can just let that happen as it will.
Jordan S.