2 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

5 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

6 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Nix the after school snack attack

What are you grabbing when the clock strikes three? Find out how to kill junk food cravings...

MOD MOD
I am a tad overweight, and I have been trying to lose about !lbs to get back to normal weight. I really hate exercising so all I do is lunges, squats, and I lift 5lb weights during a 30 min. tv show. I also eat fairly healthy. I am thinking about trying to boost my metobolism by eating 5 small meals a day. What should these meals be and how big are they suppose to be??

Hey girl!  Talk to your doc about switching to the 5 meals a day plan, he or she can let you know what the right mix of foods is for you.  The should be smaller than the meals you eat now (each meal should be about 3/5 of what you eat now).  You might hate exercise, but the only way to burn fat is to get in some cardio, so mix a few jumping jacks in with your current workout routine!  xoxo

Kate G.

by colorqueen101 on 7/17/2012 10:47:37 AM

I have the same problem and found this very helpful.

Join my Book Recommendation club if your looking for a new book to read or found a book that others will love!

by olivia192000 on 4/25/2012 5:23:49 AM

Second want to be healthy but don't know how? Join the club How to get active for tips weekly on being healthy and share some of your own secrets!

by rainyseattlegirl on 4/24/2012 6:43:26 PM

MODMODMOD
I know this may sound awful for a teenager, but I really need to lose 10 pounds, and I really need to do it the healthy way. If you any tips, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Hey girlie,

First off, it's GREAT to hear you want to do this the healthy way! It's all about treating your body well, so good for you! First, you'll want to schedule time every day to get active. It can be jogging or weight lifting, but it should also be something that is fun for you - so it could even be a kickboxing DVD with mom, playing soccer with friends, bike riding, swimming laps, etc. Whatever it is, do it every day and push yourself so you work up endurance. Now to food, because any "life makeover" needs both exercise AND meal changes. Don't starve yourself - eat breakfast and a few small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going strong. Choose lean meats, veggies and fruits, nuts and filling snacks like oatmeal, yogurt, granola, etc. And if you have a craving for something sweet, don't deprive yourself! Just scale back on the portion size - instead of having 5 Oreo's, just have one! Smile And over time, you'll see - but more importantly, feel - results <3
Lauren C.

by happiercora on 4/19/2012 6:19:28 PM

That makes me so happy when I'm not the only one who does that even though it's a bad thing. I always try to do that but it never works i always go to the junk food. But I still eat heathy.

by darien5 on 4/15/2012 10:44:23 AM

MOD
When I'm bored, I eat. I wanna stop that bad habit but sometimes it's hard. I do make an effort to eat veggies but I'm very limited because I don't eat fruits. I've tried, but I just find it tastes disgusting and I almost puked once. Please help!!!
Thanks

Hey Mimzy0717, find other things to do to occupy your time. Try reorganizing your room, doing your homework, polishing your nails, helping your parents out with chores, anything to that will stop you from being bored. If you have to eat, continue munching on veggies. There are other healthy tasty snacks like smoothies, carrots and salad dressing, trail mix, any kind of nuts, celery and peanut butter. Just experiement with all the veggies. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Mimzy0717 on 4/14/2012 9:38:20 AM

MOD
I have a similar problem, whenever I have one of my "off days" after school (AKA when i dont have an activity, which is only like twice a week) I get really bored, and when I get really bored I eat. I dont know why but i just cant stop! HELLLPPP

Hey girl,

Try to fill those "off days" with stuff to take your mind off eating! That doesn't mean you have to sign up for a million activities or exhaust yourself - just that you have something to keep you busy. Pick up a hobby like writing a story, knitting, kickboxing tapes, keeping a blog, photography, reading, collaging or painting, gardening, etc. Do something that requires your attention and your hands. That way, you'll be distracted and won't be tempted to snack! Another trick I use (I actually learned it from my grandmother) is to lay out ALL the snacks you'll let yourself have that day on a table. (Or your bed, or the floor in your room, etc.) For some reason, when you see all the food spread out in one place, you end up eating way less!
Lauren C.

by pink and purple girl on 4/12/2012 7:32:18 PM

Hey Mod, yesterday it was my Mum's b-day and I volunteered to bake a cake (I have some healthy, yummy recipes I wanna try) but I didn't have time and she bought a really chocolaty one. I had a (small) slice, and I enjoyed it (haven't have choco in a while) but then she had prepared lots of snacks, mostly unhealthy. Of course I had a little -- I couldn't resist. It's OK, once in a while right?

Hey Girlie,

OF COURSE! What would life be like without treating yourself to a delish dessert once in a while?! As long as you don't make it a habit, it's perfectly fine to indulge yourself with junk foods on special occasions! Especially on your mom's birthday!!! Tell her happy b-day from the GL team Smile
alicia m.

by ibtiwiptywoo on 4/12/2012 9:50:59 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!
I snack too much. I always have the urge to eat something like an oreo. Then after one, it becomes 2. How do I resist the urge? PLEASE HELP Smile

Hey babe,

The trick is that you don't resist it but instead you switch the urges to something healthier.  Promise yourself to make a gradual change, and starts choosing a piece of fruit or some whole wheat snack over an things like oreos.

Jordan S.

by pinkcoconut on 4/7/2012 7:37:23 PM

I'm recovering from bulimia, and I want to eat healthy. How do I incorporate veggies in to my breakfast?

Hey babe,

You could cut up some peppers, onions, etc. and put them in your eggs when making an omlette.

Or snag a few of those veggie juice drinks (or mix them in a juicer at home)

Remember that you can always munch on some carrots and ranch or some cucumbers!
Jordan S.