AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway: 5 ladies snag a Marietta cardigan from @VoodooVixenLDN: http://t.co/tEiEi6aAlq

2 HOURS AGO 6 tech books that are almost too cool for school: http://t.co/NENQuzIdZr

14 HOURS AGO Get the scoop on braces: http://t.co/ImZA1x2LpQ

COMMENTS

10 no-fail prom convo starters

Things can quickly get awkward at the prom when the conversation runs dry between you and your date. To avoid the uncomfortable silence, here are a few...

MOD!!
I really suck at making conversation and I clam up easily around people I don't know well. I just never seem to know what to say...
Anyway there's this guy who I don't have a crush on who asked for my number on Facebook when we were chatting and he has texted me a few times at night in the two days since he's had my number. He is really friendly and he gives good advice as well. But I don't know if I should text him first or if that would make me seem too clingy (I'm not good with phone etiquette)?? I want to be his friend and not be so closed off but I don't know how. HELP!!

Hey girl! It sounds like you are off to a good start so far. The best way to get more comfortable around someone is to continually talk to them and get to know them better. You can definitely text him without seeming too clingy--just text him with a purpose! Instead of just saying "Hey, what's up?" every day, ask him a more specific question. Do you go to school together? Maybe say something about a homework assignment or make a funny joke about something that happened during lunch. Keep the conversation casual and you'll be friends in no time! And remember, if he asked for your number, then chances are that he wants to talk to you!

Colleen K.

by WOWcow on 3/26/2012 4:48:58 AM

Luckily I'm going with my boyfriend so I don't have to worry about this

by nicegurl on 3/25/2012 6:58:52 PM

My favorite conversation starter:
"Are you ever worried that your white blood cell count is lower than your friends? I mean, sure, your immune system is fine, but is it the best?"
Works every time.

by 1984 on 3/25/2012 11:43:20 AM

My boyfriend and I rarely see each other outside of school. I'm 14, and he's 15, so neither of us can drive. He has a really strict mother (Who also works a lot so she can't take us places)which also causes problems. I do see him a lot, though, having a lot of classes with him. But that's not quite the same. My mom said she would take us places, but since I'm shy (and kind of afraid of asking him to do something and him thinking it's dumb or him not being allowed to go) it's hard for me to just come out and ask him on a date... Do you have any advice?!?!? I would REALLY appreciate it!

Hey girlie,

You gotta ask him out! He's your BF, so don't feel afraid. You might be a little nervous, but the more you ask, the easier it'll be. You don't have any excuses since your mom has offered to take you places, so just take a deep breath and go for it! <3
Lauren C.

by caseyf13 on 3/24/2012 10:48:39 PM

***MOD***MOD***MOD***
I'm looking for things to do this summer. I'd like a job, but since I am a young teenager, it is unlikely that I would get hired at most places. Volunteer jobs would be fine too. But I've searched a lot online and I haven't found very much. Do you have any tips on searching or ideas of things I could do? I'd love to be a camp counselor, but I'm not old enough because most places require you to be a college student. I'd also love to be a waitress. And I'd also love a job related to books or writing, but I can't find any of those either. Any ideas? Thanks.

At most places, you can't get a job at this age.  Your best bet is to try typical teenage summer jobs like working a poolstand, a snowball stand, dogwalking, babysitting, plant care, etc. Jordan S.

by crazyshortie13 on 3/24/2012 8:16:18 PM

Ok only the last 3 sound like prom related stuff I think the others would be good into getting to know ur BF

by TeamAlice33 on 3/24/2012 6:07:49 PM

her dress in the pic is sooo cool. i am like, drooling.

by bunnehz on 3/24/2012 4:56:28 PM

so i have a crush on this kid in my spanish class. The thing is, he is a grade younger than me, and I only see him in that one class period and occasionally in the halls. But he is like, a foot taller than me and really cute, is always really sweet and I can always talk to him about whats bugging me and he talks to me about that too. His girlfriend was mad at him once and asked me what to do and i sorta saved his relationship with her (with a little help from GL, THANK YOU!!! Smile even though i liked him. But now they broke up. he sends me really cute texts and it hasnt been even a week since they broke up. The other day he sent me this really long text and it was the definiton of my name and was really sweet, and when i lost my soccer game i told him and he said he was thinking about my game the whole day. And he sent me a text "dont take this the wrong way... but u have a cute voice Smile" umm. i just want to know if it sounds like he could like me and if it would work out.

Hey babe,

He DEFINITELY sounds like he might be into you.  Step up the flirting, girlie.  Maybe even ask to hang out one-on-one sometime soon.
Jordan S.

by bunnehz on 3/24/2012 4:54:29 PM

Hey kkahy, click the links below for tips on flirting, dating and relationships. Hope these help! Xoxo

MOD MOD!!
hey, i really want a boyfriend over the summer or next year (ill be a freshman next year) but im kinda shy and i dont know a lot of guys. I really want to have fun and have a boyfriend to hang out with and like. so do you have any tips for me to be able to have a happy relationship? Thannks so muchSmile Lynae P.

by kkkahy on 3/24/2012 2:55:25 PM

@jennntheswimmer- Hahahaha ;D Your sooo right! That's exactly what I was thinking Laughing

by lollipop68 on 3/24/2012 1:13:18 PM