2 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

5 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

6 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Why your guy is acting distant after your first kiss

He says he enjoyed it, but he doesn’t seem as into me. What should I do?

oh never mind

by hermionegirl12 on 5/19/2012 8:31:55 PM

Oh btw that mod down there that I wrote? my parents r divorced so my dad dont know she dosnt know

by hermionegirl12 on 5/19/2012 8:27:57 PM

MOD! So, I’m a little old to be using this, but I’m 15. I really like this guy who goes to my church youth group. He’s 17. We’re definitely only acquaintances, but there a certain things he does that makes me think he likes me. He’s very friendly, teases me all of the time, and is always kind. We text occasionally. We have so much in common. Unfortunately, he doesn’t go to my school, so I only see him Sundays. I guess what I am asking is, he’s going to be 18 soon. Next year, he’ll be leaving for college, and if I talked about my feelings, and we did end up dating, would it be worth it? I truly know he is the kind of guy I would marry, (I’m not stupid and he’d still be around since he goes to my church but should I speak up?

Hey babe,

I say give it a shot!  Who knows, maybe he'll end up going to college in state?  Or even if not, you'd still have a full year of time to spend being happy with him.
Jordan S.

by solosinger7 on 5/14/2012 3:49:37 PM

never mind i kissed him on last thursday

by teshla21 on 4/24/2012 10:33:53 PM

Okay my bffs boyfriend likes me and I don't know what to do!!! I sorta like him but I don't want to hurt her feelings. Like when we are all in a group talking and her bf comes over he ends up talking to me and we have this one class together and last week he made me a "birthday card" but my birthday isn't until October!! I have had his friends tell me he likes me and other girls in the grade have even told me he likes me! I sorta like him and they are still going out but I think he is going to break up with her and ask me out. What should I do!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

You KNOW the answer to this one - he is off limits, babe! First off, he's in a relationship. So even if he wasn't dating your BFF, he wouldn't be on the market. That means no flirting or crossing that line between friends and more-than-friends. You wouldn't want someone to do that to YOUR BF, so respect their relationship and try to just be friends. Now, the sticky part... he's dating your BFF. It's a personal choice, but you gotta decide whether your friendship is important or if you want to see what could happen with this guy. Personally, I would definitely NOT date him right after they break up. If he asked, I would tell him I was interested but that I wanted to wait until my bestie was totally over it and moved on so I didn't hurt her. Then, I'd focus on her and making sure she knew how supportive I was and that I was always there for her. Then, once time has passed and she has clearly moved on, if I still liked him, I'd start talking to him again and see where it led. But I would never do anything without talking to my bestie first about it, to make sure it didn't hurt her! Also, something to keep in mind... if he broke up with her for another girl, he could 100% do the same to you.
Lauren C.

by DanceLover1027 on 4/14/2012 10:54:27 PM

Okay well since I've turned 13 I've been getting..compliments and a ton of flirting from guys my age.I know it doesnt seem like a big deal but everytime it happens I get uncomfortable and my tummy turns into knots! I for sure am NOT ready for dating but is there anyway I can calm down,not make a big deal about it and accept it? I NEVER in my whole life have been flirted with or have been given compliments.It actually scaries me a bit when I think about having a boyfriend and dating and being alone with the guy!

Hey! when it happens just take a breath, smile and say thank you. That's the perfect way to deal without making yourself uncomfortable. You go girl!

Helen S.

by Super8fangirl98 on 4/13/2012 6:22:40 PM

MOD
my friends bf and her hav been dating 4 at year on sat. and shes rly excited. a few nites ago, i asked him if he was thinking of breaking up w/ her and he said yes. his reason is tht he doesn't like her anymor and he doesnt wanna stay w/ her out of pity, but some1 else told me tht its cuz he wants 2 b single so he can flirt w/ girls (which hes already doing) and cuz he doesnt wanna date some1 4 a whole year. thing is, idk if i shud tell her about the flirting so tht she can possibly break up w/ him and save herself from humilition, or if i shud tell her about it after he breaks up w/ her so tht it helps her healing process. if i do the first option, some1 mite find out tht i told her and get mad. plus, she mite regret breaking up w/ him and feel bad if she still liked him. the 2nd option cud b bad cuz she mite get mad @ me 4 not telling her sooner, and some1 mite still get mad @ me. he's such a jerk and doesnt deserve her or any1- wut do i do???

Hey girlie,

This is tricky.  I think you should tell her that he said he was considering breaking up with her as well as that he didn't like her as much anymore.  No girl should have to stay in a relationship where the guy doesn't feel anything for her, you know?

You're her friend before anything else, it doesn't matter if anyone finds out that you told.
Jordan S.

by pinkninja64 on 4/9/2012 5:36:27 PM

ok so i went out with my bgf back in october, and after 3 weeks i broke up with him cuz i wasnt ready. now i like him again and he likes me. but he hasnt made a move, and its been a month. how do i subtley hint that?
and does this sound like a good idea? he's a great guy, and a good bf but im just wondering if my parents will be disappointed. i just need some advice on what to do.
i know this rly doesnt make sense but i appreciate the help.
thanks

Hey girlie,

Since you broke up with him last time, I think YOU should make the move this time. He might be afraid to ask you out again since he got rejected last time. Show him you want to try again by asking him to a movie or dinner sometime. Don't worry about what your parents or friends will think - if it feels right to give it another chance and he's a respectful/trustworthy guy, go with your heart <3
Lauren C.

by abby.luv16 on 4/5/2012 8:33:56 PM

hey!!!!! something similar is happening to me!!! so i have been dating this guy for like to months and we still haven't kissed! and the worst part is that he wants to kiss me and i want kiss him, but that has not even come close to happening! what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help me before i DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by teshla21 on 4/2/2012 8:15:07 PM

Me and my BGF(I am in love with himm), had our first kiss yesterday.<3

by Goldfish123 on 4/2/2012 7:41:21 PM

"THIS NIGHT IS SPARKLING, DON'T YOU LET IT GO, I'M WONDERSTRUCK, BLUSHING ALL THE WAY HOME"
Recognize those lyrics from Enchanted? Then you are a Swiftie! Come join my club, Swifties<3, and meet other girls who love Tay as much as you do! Hope to see you there! ~Hannah

by Peace*Love*Converse on 4/1/2012 7:34:30 PM

Hey girlies! Looking for advice? Join my advice queen page!! Username=honeycakes
I'm a fairly new advice queen but I promise you great advice on boys, friends, bullying, makeup, hair, clothes, school, fitness, healthy eating, self esteem, and more! I will answer allllllll your questions!!

Or join the club Pink Zebra ! I am the vp and I also give advice there! Luv honeycakes

by honeycakes on 4/1/2012 5:01:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've had this thing with a guy since November. We were friends of friends and started talking on facebook, and we hung out a couple times. We'd skype/text every night and he always told me how much he liked me. He promised to ask me out and kept promising and promising. However, I kept seeing a pattern--he'd make plans and cancel last minute. His promises never came true. Yesterday, I was supposed to go see the Hunger Games with him. We talked on the phone about it and had everything planned out...he said he missed me and couldn't wait. Then just beforehand he cancelled! I got really mad and confronted him about everything over text, telling him that he wasn't treating me right and leading me on all this time. He felt really bad and said he had a lot of family issues going on. I forgave him and we made up...but I stil don't feel right. Should I give up on him after all this time and find someone else? Or should i wait it out longer? Help Frown

Hey girlie,

Since you finally told him you were upset that he kept flaking out, give him another chance to fix what was wrong. It's fine if he has family issues going on and distracting him - you can understand that. So be patient and give him once more chance to follow through on his plans (and, in the process, to respect you). If he keeps disappointing you, it's ok to put it behind you and search for someone who is giving as much to the relationship as you are giving. It doesn't mean you don't like him anymore - it just means that you deserve more and are tired of being let down. <3
Lauren C.

by bookworm31 on 4/1/2012 12:18:07 PM

MODMOD
I saw in new_york_city's comment, and I really want to be a model to, but never heard of the form. Link?

http://www.girlslife.com/page/Model-for-GL.aspx Smile
Lauren C.

by Echosong on 4/1/2012 11:53:49 AM

mod mod mod mod mod!
Ok so i live in ((city omitted by mod)) and id like to get into the modeling industry. Im 5'9 and all my friends say i should model! I just dont know where to get started. Any tips? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article on modeling for tips on where to start! (Ignore the part about mom not being on board - unless you're in that sitch too.) Like the article says, it's important to start small, get experience, build a portfolio of photos, and make contacts with people in the industry. Over time, if you work really hard, it'll happen for you! Check out our Model for GL page as well if you'd like to include us in your journey Laughing
Lauren C.

by dojhallow97 on 4/1/2012 11:53:25 AM

JOIN MY CLUB!
Want to get that bikini bod by the summer, but it seems impossible? Or do you just want to look good in neon skinny jeans that are SO in this season? Maybe you just need to eat healthier. Either way, you should join my club, Get Fit Fast! If you want more details about the club, go to my profile!

by New_York_City on 4/1/2012 11:25:28 AM

My bf is really timid. He's himself and not shy around me but his friends kind of harass us. I really want to kiss him at the school dance next week but I don't want his friends to start teasing him. What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Hey girlie,

If he's super shy, kissing him out in public - and in a BIG group of people - might not be his style. Instead of making him feel kinda awkward about it, could you try kissing him one-on-one first? That way, you can break the ice and make him feel a little more comfortable about kissing before you try to sneak a peck in public. You don't want him to associate "being embarrassed" with kissing, right? So take it slow and get closer in private first, before you bring it out for everyone to see <3
Lauren C.

by beaniebag12 on 4/1/2012 8:51:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
If you don't care about height, weight, body type, etc. for your modeling, why is all of those weight and height and bust size, etc. on the form?

Hey girlie,

These are all normal pieces of information that will be asked in the modeling industry. We don't have any requirements (you don't have to be over 5'9", under a certain weight, a certain race, etc.) It's to make sure we have accurate info about each model so we can choose the girl that "fits" best for the story/photo we're using them in Smile
Lauren C.