10 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

12 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

15 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

4 quick fixes to dress up your yoga pants

Head out the door without looking like you rolled out of bed.

mod mod mod!!!!
because of my I am Catholic, i wear skirts that are below the knee and tops that dont dip below about 2 fingers (placed side by side) under the collarbone or have too short sleeves.
Soooo... first, it's really hard to find skirts that come below the knee that aren't all floaty and feminine- NOT me!!;) Any idea where I can find some?
Second, I basically live in t-shirts. What would look good with a skirt that's not a t-shirt but not formalish??
Finally, I'm going to my cousin's baby shower in May and I have no idea what to wear! what should I do??
thank you so much in advance!!!

by Kstar101 on 4/14/2012 4:23:49 PM

MODMODMOD!
I never look good in dresses for some reason. Any tips?

Hey! It's all about confidence! just look in the mirror, say "I look great!" and you will Smile

Helen S.

by jumpersb on 4/13/2012 5:34:37 PM

mod mod mod my mom wont let me wear yoga pants because she says they're athletic pants not school pants, however she lets my sister wear soccer shorts to school every single day. and she doesn't like the way i look in them... i work out for a reason.

Hey girlie,

Try to compromise with her! If you really love the way they look, ask if you can wear them one day a week as a "casual" day. Don't get emotional, cry, or say things like "But you let HER wear athletic pants to school!" Be mature and try to reason with her. But if she ends up saying no, it's not the end of the world. Yoga pants aren't the only cozy fashion choices out there! Smile Try leggings with a skirt or dress, jeggings, or cozy linen pants instead!
Lauren C.

by penguinpeep on 4/12/2012 11:38:26 PM

What underwear should I wear with yoga pants/spandex?
I would love to wear my yoga pants to school but my underwear line shows way to much, and same with my spandex for running (although I'm not as worried with those, haha I run with all girls).
I know thongs would work, but I don't have any and I'm not sure if I could ask my mom for some (I'm in highschool, and like everyone has them... but I'd just feel really awkward.)
Suggestions? Thank you!

Hey girlie,

I love wearing Victoria's Secret Cheeky style panties - they're kinda like thongs but give you a little bit more coverage, which might make mom feel less awkward Smile It's worth explaining the situation and asking her to help you pick a good seamless bikini bottom or thong for your yoga pants/tighter fitting bottoms! It'll freak you out at first, but I'm sure she'll understand!
Lauren C.

by theresaa on 4/12/2012 7:31:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I find myself a little bit overweight and I really want to lose it fast. I was wondering if I should do this. Should I? I also need help with a guy. I like this guy from my tennis class but hes really shy and doesn't talk a lot. How can I start a convo with him to become friends with him?thanks!

Hey girl, to put it simply, NO. I cannot stress enough the importance of eating a well-balanced diet. Starving yourself is never the answer, no matter how fast you want to lose weight. Crash dieting is extremely dangerous and can lead to long-term health issues. We want to keep you as safe and as healthy as possible, so please realize that not eating is never the answer. You're still growing--your body needs proper nourishment. If you want to get in better shape, start by doing 30-45 minutes of exercise each day. Challenge yourself by making the workout intense, but be sure to take a break if you need to. Cut out as much junk food as possible and aim to eat at least 5-6 servings of fruits and veggies every day along with whole grains (like oatmeal or whole wheat bread), and lean sources of protein (chicken, fish, yogurt). Remember to check with your doctor, too, to ensure that you are staying as healthy as possible! As for the guy you like, try challenging him to a tennis match or ask him about his summer plans. Once you make him feel comfortable, chances are he wil be more likely to talk to you. Be friendly by saying hi to him at the beginning of each class and make him feel welcome--you'll be friends soon enough!

Colleen K.

by claudsoda on 4/9/2012 2:40:19 AM

Why are you encouraging girls to wear yoga pants? they are so unacceptable!

by Photochickie on 4/8/2012 9:45:25 PM

I'm sick of yoga pants....every single chick ever wears them...

by biffo on 4/8/2012 9:12:56 PM

I just love yoga pants. What colored loose blosue shirt thingamabobs could you wear with light pink ones? Ha.

by penguinpeep on 4/8/2012 8:48:25 PM

I luv yoga pants!!(:

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 4/8/2012 9:42:58 AM

Mod Mod Mod!
I really want to look like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter in this pic: http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/7/7b/Emma-watson-as-hermione-granger-in-harry-potter.jpg
How can I look like her? I mean with hair and makeup and everything? Thanks

Hey girlie,

For the hair, try our tips for Ashley Greene's wavy locks or Jennifer Lawrence's gorgeous wavy tresses! It'll look slightly different because your hair has its own texture, but the wavy style will totally mimic the movie! As for makeup, keep it natural: a foundation will even out your skin tone, while some light chocolate brown eyeliner will define your eyes. Finish with a nude lip balm or rosy pink lipstick - and you're all set! Smile
Lauren C.