10 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

11 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

11 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

4 quick fixes to dress up your yoga pants

Head out the door without looking like you rolled out of bed.

mod mod mod!!!!
because of my I am Catholic, i wear skirts that are below the knee and tops that dont dip below about 2 fingers (placed side by side) under the collarbone or have too short sleeves.
Soooo... first, it's really hard to find skirts that come below the knee that aren't all floaty and feminine- NOT me!!;) Any idea where I can find some?
Second, I basically live in t-shirts. What would look good with a skirt that's not a t-shirt but not formalish??
Finally, I'm going to my cousin's baby shower in May and I have no idea what to wear! what should I do??
thank you so much in advance!!!

by Kstar101 on 4/14/2012 4:23:49 PM

MODMODMOD!
I never look good in dresses for some reason. Any tips?

Hey! It's all about confidence! just look in the mirror, say "I look great!" and you will Smile

Helen S.

by jumpersb on 4/13/2012 5:34:37 PM

mod mod mod my mom wont let me wear yoga pants because she says they're athletic pants not school pants, however she lets my sister wear soccer shorts to school every single day. and she doesn't like the way i look in them... i work out for a reason.

Hey girlie,

Try to compromise with her! If you really love the way they look, ask if you can wear them one day a week as a "casual" day. Don't get emotional, cry, or say things like "But you let HER wear athletic pants to school!" Be mature and try to reason with her. But if she ends up saying no, it's not the end of the world. Yoga pants aren't the only cozy fashion choices out there! Smile Try leggings with a skirt or dress, jeggings, or cozy linen pants instead!
Lauren C.

by penguinpeep on 4/12/2012 11:38:26 PM

What underwear should I wear with yoga pants/spandex?
I would love to wear my yoga pants to school but my underwear line shows way to much, and same with my spandex for running (although I'm not as worried with those, haha I run with all girls).
I know thongs would work, but I don't have any and I'm not sure if I could ask my mom for some (I'm in highschool, and like everyone has them... but I'd just feel really awkward.)
Suggestions? Thank you!

Hey girlie,

I love wearing Victoria's Secret Cheeky style panties - they're kinda like thongs but give you a little bit more coverage, which might make mom feel less awkward Smile It's worth explaining the situation and asking her to help you pick a good seamless bikini bottom or thong for your yoga pants/tighter fitting bottoms! It'll freak you out at first, but I'm sure she'll understand!
Lauren C.

by theresaa on 4/12/2012 7:31:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I find myself a little bit overweight and I really want to lose it fast. I was wondering if I should do this. Should I? I also need help with a guy. I like this guy from my tennis class but hes really shy and doesn't talk a lot. How can I start a convo with him to become friends with him?thanks!

Hey girl, to put it simply, NO. I cannot stress enough the importance of eating a well-balanced diet. Starving yourself is never the answer, no matter how fast you want to lose weight. Crash dieting is extremely dangerous and can lead to long-term health issues. We want to keep you as safe and as healthy as possible, so please realize that not eating is never the answer. You're still growing--your body needs proper nourishment. If you want to get in better shape, start by doing 30-45 minutes of exercise each day. Challenge yourself by making the workout intense, but be sure to take a break if you need to. Cut out as much junk food as possible and aim to eat at least 5-6 servings of fruits and veggies every day along with whole grains (like oatmeal or whole wheat bread), and lean sources of protein (chicken, fish, yogurt). Remember to check with your doctor, too, to ensure that you are staying as healthy as possible! As for the guy you like, try challenging him to a tennis match or ask him about his summer plans. Once you make him feel comfortable, chances are he wil be more likely to talk to you. Be friendly by saying hi to him at the beginning of each class and make him feel welcome--you'll be friends soon enough!

Colleen K.

by claudsoda on 4/9/2012 2:40:19 AM

Why are you encouraging girls to wear yoga pants? they are so unacceptable!

by Photochickie on 4/8/2012 9:45:25 PM

I'm sick of yoga pants....every single chick ever wears them...

by biffo on 4/8/2012 9:12:56 PM

I just love yoga pants. What colored loose blosue shirt thingamabobs could you wear with light pink ones? Ha.

by penguinpeep on 4/8/2012 8:48:25 PM

I luv yoga pants!!(:

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 4/8/2012 9:42:58 AM

Mod Mod Mod!
I really want to look like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter in this pic: http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/7/7b/Emma-watson-as-hermione-granger-in-harry-potter.jpg
How can I look like her? I mean with hair and makeup and everything? Thanks

Hey girlie,

For the hair, try our tips for Ashley Greene's wavy locks or Jennifer Lawrence's gorgeous wavy tresses! It'll look slightly different because your hair has its own texture, but the wavy style will totally mimic the movie! As for makeup, keep it natural: a foundation will even out your skin tone, while some light chocolate brown eyeliner will define your eyes. Finish with a nude lip balm or rosy pink lipstick - and you're all set! Smile
Lauren C.

by catluverforlife on 4/8/2012 5:18:50 AM

MODMODMODMOD!!!
I need advice. Im extremely quiet and its not very easy for me to have conversations with people. I just can't think of things to say and It's SO annoying! Because of this a lot of my friendships aren't very deep. Well over spring break on of my really good friends is going to spend the night at my house. Its just going to be her and I (I don't want to invite our other friends since they're always hyper and you can never sleep because they might do something to you while your sleep lol) and I don't want it to be awkward. She's always good about talking, but I don't want her to be doing all the work. Can you help me with tips for keeping a conversation going? and also how to get a deeper friendship? THANKS!!!!

Hey girlie,

That's great that she's coming over! Bonding with a friend one-on-one is way easier than chatting in a group or talking at school, where you feel like all eyes are on you. Getting a deeper friendship is something that happens over time when you trust her with secrets, depend on each other when things are bad, celebrate with each other when things are good, and basically share your lives/interests/conversations with each other. So just go with the flow during your sleepover. Try doing active things so you always have something to talk about, like baking together, watching a movie, playing Truth or Dare, surfing the internet, etc. Talk about your fave movies or music, your crushes, school, other friends... don't feel pressure to start a convo, just stay calm and go along with it! Like I said, becoming BFFs takes time - so you'll settle into it and feel way more comfy by morning Smile Have fun!!!
Lauren C.

by misbubbles on 4/7/2012 10:23:12 PM

I have 2 pairs of the classic toms Smile I have the black TOMS and i got new sparkley ones and went shopping with church friends all day Smile YAY My whole fam loves TOMS

by oreolover123 on 4/7/2012 9:54:41 PM

I love the hunger games. at the begining of spring break my mom said that after spring break i could go with my friends to see the movie. after spring break i asked her what day would work for the movie and she said she is thinking about not letting me see it because all the critics said it was graphic and not really for kids my age. i have read the books so i know when graphic scenes may be coming but do you have any tips on getting her to let me go?

Hey girlie,

have a serious discussion with her and let her know how you've already read the book and you feel that you would not be seeing anything bad based off of what you've read.
Jordan S.

by lydcup on 4/7/2012 8:29:18 PM

I live in sweatpants :3

Join my club, Victorious Lovers!!! It's about the show Victorious and fun facts about it. We talk about almost everything under the sun, and if you have a dilemma, we can help you! But mostly, the club is centered around the Nick show. Please join

by Lilylunapotter13 on 4/7/2012 6:58:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod!

How can I look like her? I mean with hair and makeup and everything? Thanks Smile

by catluverforlife on 4/7/2012 3:28:56 PM

you should all join my club friends all around it is super fun we can talk about anything from music to book to school and we would love to answer any of your Qs and we are looking for officers so if you are interested just let me know

by Esparkle on 4/7/2012 2:34:13 PM

I want to go summer shopping but I have a tight budget. What stores should I go to?

by MadMaddie911 on 4/7/2012 2:22:43 PM

Hey glass-tears, check out Delias, Gap, Target, and Wet Seal. Hopefully one of those stores will have what you're looking for! Xoxo

So I'm really into a sorta "vintage" style of swim suits. I'm trying to be more modest with my clothes (religious thing) but I can't seem to find modest swim suites for an affordable price. Do you know any good brands or stores? I have to be able to try them on too, not order on line? Lynae P.

by glass-tears on 4/7/2012 1:55:32 PM

NEW CLUB: Chilling with the Military Brats
Is your father or mother in the military? Then this is the club for you! Advice, Friends, Support, and lots of LOLing.
Still need a VP, Treasurer and Secretary! (and of course members!)

by glass-tears on 4/7/2012 1:25:21 PM

Join my club
Do you love swimming? Then your a SWIM CHICK! We will talk everything from working on strokes to swimsuit style! I'm on almost 24/7 so it won't be one of those clubs that you don't do anything in!
JOIN SWIM CHICKS!!!!!!!

by kajkom on 4/7/2012 12:41:33 PM

i don't own a pair of TOMS i own a pair of BOBS but everyone at my school wears TOMS i am PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

by 143Whisper143 on 4/7/2012 11:22:53 AM

I like this, but next year I won't be able to wear yoga pants to school. How stupid is that?Frown

by tweety545 on 4/7/2012 10:23:36 AM

MOD

Hey girl,

Your mom's an adult and can read what she likes, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable to hear that conversation it's okay to ask her to talk to her friends about it when you're not around.

Meghan D.

by New_York_City on 4/7/2012 10:20:10 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
Ok sso basicaly all my shirts are like fitted graphic tees like from abercrombie. I really want other shirts that arent fitted.
Where can u find them for cheap. And idk about forever 21 because the mall close to us doesnt have one.

Hey girl,

If you love Forever21, you can always order online! You can also try discount stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshall's for great bargains. Otherwise, take a look at some other mall stores and department stores to see what you can find!

Meghan D.

by pumpernickel88 on 4/7/2012 10:19:58 AM

OMG! Love Toms! They are so cute and comfy! Just got a new pair and I went shopping in them all day and my feet didn't hurt at all!
Also join my club Dear KD! It's an awesome advice club where you can get advice from different people with different perspectives! We give advice on ANYTHING! So come check it out!!!

by smiles48 on 4/7/2012 9:45:12 AM

I love those shoes!! Laughing

***Please join my club, Live Life: Happy! We have daily tips on how to lead a happier lifestyle and weekly tricks on how to have a much more positive attitude. Hope to see you there! Smile

***************Hey, I also have an Advice Queen page! Just ask and you shall receive a helpful answer ASAP!!! Hope to see you there also! Smile

by future_artist on 4/7/2012 9:26:24 AM

I lovvvvvve love love yoga pants! They're so flattering and comfortable. Cute idea to pair them with a dressier top! I would wear with my glitter toms. Oh they have really good quality ones at pink Smile)))

by chica97<3 on 4/7/2012 9:16:24 AM

Dudee thx soo much for this!!!!
Join Cupcakes 101! At this club i post weekly recipes on desserts!! Cupcakes 101 is also where you can share recipes/tips on desserts or any other type of food! Also join Club KD for advice on just about anything!!! You get advice from several people with different perspectives!!! Oooh and join my fave advice/tip club How To Live!! Me and the pres of the club post tips almost everyday!! Join all of these today!!

by Cupcake_queen_101_ on 4/7/2012 12:10:07 AM