Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

8 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

9 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Israel bans underweight models

See ya, super skinny standards!

Sorry to say this, but this post is insulting. Everybody has a different body type, and some people are just naturally underweight. I've been underweight almost my whole life, and it's more taxing than people think (still shopping in the kids clothing section, having to eat every hour, not being able to swap clothes with friends, everybody assuming you're anorexic, etc). People should be accepting of all body types.

by iloveballet&singing on 1/1/2013 12:54:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My counselor told me to tell my mom about my anorexia. I really don't want to tell her and I don't want to stress her out or anything. Please help. What should I say?

Hey Girl, your Mom will be worried, but she will definitely be glad that you told her so she can help you. Just when you are one on one, tell her how you are going through a rough time and you need her help, and maybe you will need to see a professional. Remember she might hear it from the guidance counselor too, and she would much rather have you tell her.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Sarah_12 on 11/27/2012 2:34:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm about to leave to go to my counsellor (I have anorexia) and my mom told me to eat something before I go there. She won't let me leave till I eat something but I really don't want to. I told her I don't want to eat. My mom doesn't know I have an eating disorder, I haven't told her yet. She thinks I'm going there for homework help.

Hey girl, first of all, I give you a lot of credit for getting help on your own and realizing you have a problem. As for getting out of the house without eating, tell your mom you're running late but grab something to eat with you (it can be something small like an apple or banana). Take it to your counselor and have her make sure you eat it. Getting over this illness means not shying away from food or your mother's ultimatum.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Sarah_12 on 11/26/2012 7:20:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Also adding on to my previous question:
I just realized I haven't gotten my period for the last 2 months. I guess I didn't have time to with my eating disorder and stuff. Is this normal? I read somewhere that weight loss can delay your period.

Yeah I would guess that your weight is helping cause the delay. No worries. Smile

Lynae P.

by Sarah_12 on 11/26/2012 12:23:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
For the past two days I've been going to this counsellor lady for my eating disorder. She gave me "homework" to do, I'm supposed to write down what I think about food. Kinda like a brainstorming sheet. But I don't know what to write! I don't really think about food. :/

Hey Sarah_12, I would write that you don't think about it. Honesty is really important with this homework, so be honest and write down how you feel nothing. I'm sure she'll discuss it with you in your next meeting. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sarah_12 on 11/25/2012 11:38:44 PM

YAY!!
Go Israel! That is a very smart law, I really think we should have it here in the US. I must clap its totally genius! Smile

by glamartist on 9/17/2012 7:50:40 PM

I like that law

by KatieBell23 on 7/2/2012 4:30:18 PM

I definitely think the US should do what Israel is doing!!! It's a great idea!!!! The media has been such a big influence to girls as to how we should look and being underweight isn't the way to go. Healthy is better and the media should show that!!!! Go Israel!!!

by depacdancer1104 on 4/19/2012 2:39:48 PM

This should happen in America too. We all should love who we are no matter what, but we should see a lot more models in ads and commercials that are a little on the pudgy side(please do not take that as an insult, I too, am on the pudgy side). Everyone is perfect the way they are. But when all you see are little itty bitty models it makes people lose self-esteem.

by caitwon on 4/17/2012 6:25:10 AM