1 HOURS AGO Growing pains: How to tell if you & your guy are on the same page: http://t.co/d2aI08gVqV

3 HOURS AGO Oh snap! What to do if you and your friend have the same crush: http://t.co/mK5thbN2l6

4 HOURS AGO We created the ultimate checklist of things to think about while you hunt for the perf workout class!: http://t.co/eU6WdAeW0s

COMMENTS

Israel bans underweight models

See ya, super skinny standards!

Yay! I tottaly support this law. I hate how girls think skinny is better, Last year, Selena Gomez fainted because she wasn't eating to look skinny.

by bass2001 on 4/16/2012 4:02:18 PM

YES!!U.S. should adopt this law too!!

by rainbowsparkle98 on 4/12/2012 9:18:34 PM

Hey, we should start a petition or something for a law like Isreal's that bans unnaturally skinny models on the runways and in ads! Wouldn't that be so cool if Girls' Life started making petitions for its readers to send to their indiviual local/ state governments?? The power of our natural U.S. citizen rights is inspiring!

by OceanWavez on 4/11/2012 9:15:02 PM

- To all those girls out there
It doesn't matter if you're overweight or underweight. I think what matters is that you are eating a good, mixed amount of fruit, veggies, meat, dairy, protien - and sugar. Believe it or not, your body DOES need sugar, it DOES need carbs, it DOES need meat - just not too much. If you're just looking for ways to cut tiny calories think -Do I really need juice - why can't I get water? Do I NEED junk on my taco? Do I have to have salad dressing on my salad? Make popcorn the old fashioned way - who says it can't be good on a stove top and being able to hear it pop- pop - pop???Hope this helped, girlies!!!

by Sarah510 on 4/11/2012 8:59:12 PM

Yes!!! It would totally change our society for the better.

by unicornninja on 4/11/2012 8:41:26 PM

Go Israel! The USA needs to adopt this b/c some girls have really bad self-esteem b/c of ads...

by ninabeanaboo on 4/9/2012 7:14:39 PM

I think this is a really good law! And yes, the U.S. should adopt one like it.

by supersingershannon on 4/9/2012 5:52:57 PM

good for Israel! We should be doing the same thing. No wonder average people get teased about their weight!

by luvmonkey1313 on 4/9/2012 3:12:57 PM

I totally agree with banning UNHEALTHY models. However BMI is the wrong thing to use. I do ballet and according to BMI, I'm underweight but I'm totally healthy. They should focus on how healthy the models are. I love the idea of not having people who are going to extreme measures to be thin be allowed to model. It's important to set the right example to young girls

by BalletGirl0116 on 4/8/2012 9:22:16 PM

I agree with stargirl12345. If the United States Government made put this law in affect here I think it would make a big difference in today's society. Look at all the celebrities trying to look cute or pretty by being skinny, when really they look like they have an eating disease like anorexia. Too bad we as U.S citizens can't make this into a national vote. I wish we could.

by sissis1430 on 4/8/2012 6:22:41 PM