12 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

15 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

16 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

Israel bans underweight models

See ya, super skinny standards!

Dude! Uhh, Yeah!

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 4/7/2012 4:52:58 PM

I tottaly agree with this ban! And it would be a great thing if the US would pass this law too!

by tigergirl218 on 4/6/2012 4:52:48 PM

YESSSSS!!!! The US should totally ban this

by hdancerdog on 4/6/2012 12:56:38 PM

HI GIRLS! I have a club called E.D.S, Eating Disorder Support. If you or a friend has an eating disorder, definitely join my club to recieve helpful advice from other girls going through the same things as you. We can get through this together. <3

by Dancinggirl1414 on 4/6/2012 12:36:48 AM

Yes, the U.S. should adopt this law! Also, some of my best friends are from Israel Smile But this a very good law Smile

by stargirl12345 on 4/5/2012 11:52:40 PM

What should I do about people like you guys? I have a BMI of 13.5, but I was born underweight and always will be. Seeing all these "healthy" campaigns makes me feel like I should be overeating sometimes, but that's unhealthy. What's a healthy weight for one person isn't healthy for everyone. Reading this article made me cry, and sometimes I feel so self-conscious about my weight. I'm asking one more question after quitting GL for your constant articles about this. I feel like a freak. What should I do?

Hey girl,

We're not saying that being skinny is a bad thing. We're saying that girls who AREN'T naturally thin shouldn't feel pressure to get skinny in unhealthy ways. You might not realize it because you've always been skinny, but there are girls out there who are literally killing themselves trying to get thin. They aren't eating, they're working out past their body's limits, they're taking dangerous diet pills and laxatives, etc. Basically, they're destroying their bodies. This law in Israel isn't discriminating against naturally thin people - it's trying to promote respect for your body and healthy choices, no matter what size you are. No job, hot guy, mean girl or pretty dress is worth starving yourself to look better. And on the flip side, it's ok to be naturally thin too! You shouldn't feel like a freak, as long as you eat healthy, well-balanced meals full of fruits, veggies, lean meats, and other important food groups and get exercise a little each day. It's not the weight that matters - but unfortunately, some girls push themselves to get SO thin that they destroy their bodies in the process <3 That's what this article (and others like it) is about.
Lauren C.

by hra215 on 4/5/2012 10:37:38 PM

While I understand why naturally underwieght girls could be offended by this, I think you are overlooking one important detail from this article. A DOCTOR must state that the model in question is of a healthy wieght and BMI. If you are just naturally skinny, the doctor will acknowledge that and take it into account. If you aren't it will be obvious to them, so they can weed out those who are practicing unhealthy habits. And also, to guitargirl7321, that comment you made about plus size models was highly uncalled for. A) A plus size model can't just eat crap because then they would gain serious weight, as wel as the fact that thier skin would not be in good shape and they just wouldn't be as, for a lack of a better word, "pretty". B) A plus size model is actually closer to the healthier sizes than most regular models because they are usually sizes 8-12, and a regular model is usually sizes 0-3, which unless the wearer is naturally thin, have been deemed as unhealthy sizes.

by youngjedi123 on 4/5/2012 10:23:57 PM

Oh my gosh!! we had to do an ABC book in my literacy class and this one girl did one about eating disorders and my teacher goes "yea sometimes girls are pressured to look a certain way because of society" and then this guy in my class goes "that's because girls should look a certain way." all the girls gave him this look and my teacher goes " i'm pretty sure you're not at the top of the 'to date list'..." it was sooo funny but it showed him up!! Laughing

by random_mockingjay25 on 4/5/2012 10:17:59 PM

OMG! LOVE THIS LAW! IT MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD RIGHT NOW TO KNOW THAT BECAUSE NOW THEY CAN ACTUALLY HIRE WOMEN WHO LOOK JUsT LIKE YOU, NOT AN UNDERWEIGHT, UNHEALTHY WOMAN THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF. THANKS ISRAEL!

by glitterstars456 on 4/5/2012 10:05:44 PM

The U.S should really adopt this law. Many girls are self concious about their bodies and compare themselves to the super skinny fashion models. It doesn/t really help when a n overweight girl hopes to be big in the fashion industry... By adopting this law, girls will see that they are beautiful they way thay are and no body is built the same.

by babygirl1265 on 4/5/2012 9:55:50 PM