6 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

9 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

10 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Israel bans underweight models

See ya, super skinny standards!

It's bad to be underweight, but it's bad to be overweight too. Don't be dissing just on the skinny girls. I'm underweight and I eat like a pig. Some people can't help that they're naturally skinny. If obese people are proud of their "curves", can't I be proud of my bones? Or am I supposed to feel bad that I'm not curvy? That kills MY self-esteem.

by raininghippos on 4/5/2012 9:52:45 PM

Mod..
Lauren C.
did you put _ for my weight or was that me? thanks..

Yes I edited your comment and removed your weight. Most mods don't like to approve comments with height/weight stats in them because it makes it too tempting for girls to compare themselves. And it doesn't matter what other people weigh - it matters how you treat your body!
Lauren C.

by LoveHappens on 4/5/2012 9:29:36 PM

u.s. should so get this law!!!!!

by Milkdog64 on 4/5/2012 9:17:35 PM

@natalyc none of those ladies are ugly therefore calling them 'ugly skeletons' is a little uncalled.
personally i think GL should stop high-fiving these types of things because it does hurt a lot of people. You basically could've just said, "hey all you naturally skinny girls, go out and eat a hamburger because it's not right to be that skinny". Me and so many other girls look like these models not because we want to, it's just how we naturally are, bones and all. Also it would be morally wrong to to ban super overweight models on runways because it's RUDE! So why ban the skinny girls. Just saying

by Doee13 on 4/5/2012 8:55:18 PM

rafidoggie- anyone with a BMI below 18.5 is under the normal range and therefore unhealthy. I'm not saying that they are banning the normal sized models, I was saying that if their going to ban the unhealthy extremely underweight models that glorify the eating disorder-filled life that they should also ban the extremely overweight models that make it seem okay to be 300 pounds when your supposed to be half of that.

by guitargirl7321 on 4/5/2012 8:52:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD...
i feel fat all the time..
i suck in while im in the mirror.. telling myself i want to look like this.
i miss my bones. i want to see them again. i used to be able to.. but not as much anymore.
my legs are huge.
im not happy with myself and the way i look.
even with makeup .. nothing.
im 12.. 13 in may.
7th grade __ pounds.
everyone tells me im too skinny...
but i dont see it...
is there something wrong with me..?

Hey girl,

We've all been there, but an obsession with your weight is NOT healthy and can lead to bad things. Please please read this article for tips on being healthy, thinking positive, and loving your body. Don't gloss over that advice to chat with a counselor or trusted adult about what you're feeling, either. If you have questions about weight, talking to your doctor can be the BEST resource! The most important thing is to remember what the article says: There will always be people who are taller, skinnier, whatever. But if you take care of your body, eat right, exercise, talk about these thoughts and treat yourself with confidence and respect - then you will love yourself! <3
Lauren C.

by LoveHappens on 4/5/2012 8:48:45 PM

great idea!!!
Models can be a lil more realistic now

by colorqueen101 on 4/5/2012 7:59:53 PM

We need that law!!!

by coldplay12 on 4/5/2012 7:46:45 PM

GL isn't saying that skinny is bad, they're saying that some of the models starve themselves and don't eat, therefore making the teenagers and young women that around the models influenced to be like them, or they are like 'outcasts' or 'uncool' because they don't have the straving skinny body of those around them.... Just saying....

by buzzingbee on 4/5/2012 7:36:38 PM

This is really great. This will boost the young girls in Isreal's self-esteem. I second this!

by katgrace11 on 4/5/2012 7:36:26 PM