2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveAways! 3 can win a 180s Quantum-Cool jacket, arm sleeves and wristbands! #EnterToWin #GLStyle http://t.co/rPQqhvR5Ye

3 HOURS AGO Bows on bows on bows! How to add them to your everyday outfit: http://t.co/WM192GEjyf

18 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

COMMENTS

Israel bans underweight models

See ya, super skinny standards!

Heck yeah. That is great!!!! Laughing

Please join my club, Live Life: Happy! We have daily tips on how to live life happily and weekly tricks on how to have a positive outlook on life. When we have 25 members, I will pick treasurer! Smile

by future_artist on 4/5/2012 6:35:28 PM

To me their is difference between naturally skinny and trying to BE skinny. Being naturally skinny is something us girls can't change...its just how we were made and hereditary. While on the other hand, trying to be skinny on purpose is VERY unhealthy, which is practically commercial models are doing today. I believe those models that are trying to become skinny just to fit in those size 00 jeans or that extra small bikini is just ridiculous. Beauty is in everyone...and you don't have to prove it by changing your looks or weight. So in my opinion, yes, the United States should get this law. I'm pretty sure the government can tell the difference when someone is naturally skinny or they have been dieting for the past few weeks. Being skinny on purpose is not everything...being yourself and keeping a good weight/diet has better benefits.

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 4/5/2012 6:30:01 PM

I totally agree with livvirox12. I've always been naturally really skinny, and I've always tried to eat well and exercise a lot. Though I've never tried to put myself on a diet or anything like that! My doctor says that I am perfectly healthy, even though all BMI calculators say I'm underweight. But it all depends on your body type and frame. Someone my same height might weigh 50 lb more than me and still be perfectly healthy! In the end, I'm still really glad they passed this law and I hope the U.S. considers doing something like this in the future.

by RowanK on 4/5/2012 6:07:55 PM

TOTES! WE NEED THAT LAW!

by THawesome! on 4/5/2012 6:04:18 PM

OMG i am so happy! this is such a coincidence cuz my sis told me her friend was going to send a picture with a girl looking at herself in the mirror. the reflection was herself looking a good weight and healthy and happy. but the person looking at the reflection was anorexic. she was going to send it to a magizine telling them this is what you are doing to poeple

by owlzrock on 4/5/2012 5:43:15 PM

great? so they'll ban unhealthy overweight models too?

by svds on 4/5/2012 5:40:52 PM

Now how about the US! Anyone want to 2nd that Smile

by oreolover123 on 4/5/2012 5:30:28 PM

guitargirl7321, It's not that Israel is banning models who don't fit the normal weight. They are banning models with a BMI of under 18.5 (not a range, just a minimum), and this is to prevent the spread of eating disorders in models and those who view the ads, not to be unfair to the models.

by rafidoggie on 4/5/2012 5:18:39 PM

i think models should be declared healthy by a doctor before they model, not necessarily a normal weight, just a healthy weight.

by luve2cheer on 4/5/2012 4:49:03 PM

I'm glad they past that law. Most people develop eating disorders after realizing how under weight and skinny the models are =(

by music191 on 4/5/2012 4:36:23 PM