1 HOURS AGO "I'm not into guys...what's wrong with me?!" http://t.co/sG0oX60xAU

2 HOURS AGO 8 adorbs vests under 40 bucks (you're welcome): http://t.co/t9WgBdLGSb

3 HOURS AGO Want a killer look for Halloween? Try our #sugarskull makeup tutorial: http://t.co/sa8MTfklr5

COMMENTS

Your best move for movie star arms

Coveting the toned triceps and biceps celebs flaunt on the red carpet? Add this move to your workout regimen for totally toned arms…

could you say like the "average" length of time it takes for this to work

by skysky429 on 10/6/2012 7:22:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am trying out for volleyball in high school and I heard it's really competitive. I want to at least get in the B team. Anyway, I have 1 month left of summer and I want to make the most of it by doing some sort of workout to strengthen my arms for my overhand serves. I also want to quicken to speed. What's a good workout to do for my purposes?

Hey girl!

To quicken your speed, you should try doing intervals. That's when you jog at a comfortable pace for a certain amount of time and then sprint your hardest for a certain amount of time. To strengthen your arms you can use free weights or any other machines at the gym meant for arms. You can also do pushups too! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by lemontwist213 on 7/20/2012 3:17:09 PM

This really works!! Laughing

by ekir06 on 5/8/2012 7:06:36 AM

i tried this and it soo works thank u!

by mlennon on 4/22/2012 7:35:31 PM

uh hey people who write the fitness workouts. you do know that the economy is really tough for families right now and girls can't just go out and buy a dress that costs 200 dollars and shoes that cost a hundred dollars for prom or lipstick that costs 20 dollars. can't you girls just post how to wear the clothes you already have a different way without going to the mall. or how to get fit without buying an exercise bench or weights. Maybe do an article on how to make your own weights at home.

by kpianoplayer on 4/6/2012 10:29:10 AM

Mod!
I'm feeling super fat, and idk what to do to be proud of my body!! Will u give me some recommended workouts, and how long will it take for my arms to get toned? Like 1 month, 2 etc.?
Thanks soooo much!

Hey girlie,

The length of time it'll take to look more "toned" varies for everyone - so we can't give you a guarantee on that. The most important thing is to eat right and choose exercises that are fun for you. Swimming, kickboxing, playing a sport with friends, pilates, yoga, biking, jogging, etc... they can all be great options! Mix it up by doing something different each day. What's important is getting moving and staying active Smile As for food, cut back on greasy foods, huge portions, fast food, sweets, etc. Drink water, not soda or sugary juices. Choose fruits and veggies more often. Paired with exercise, you'll see results! Smile
Lauren C.

by rudiekcm on 4/5/2012 9:30:24 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I'm going to the cinema to see the Hunger Games in an hour or two, and I'm wearing a pink top with silver stripes and black jeggings and brown ankle boots. How can I accessorize?

Hey Stylista,

Since your shirt already has silver accents, I would accessorize with silver jewelry! You can never go wrong with a long necklace, a statement ring or a couple of thick bangles! Have fun at the movies, can't wait to hear what team (Peeta or Gale) you're cheering for!!!
alicia m.

by catluverforlife on 4/5/2012 6:11:02 AM

Hey Sunny4132, yes this will tone your whole arm. Doing wide arm push ups, grabbing a chair standing in front of it and pushing yourself up and down on it will also help your arms. Even doing small things like helping your parents carry groceries, picking upmyour little siblings and lifting heavy things will help. Hope this works for you! Xoxo

Mod!!!
If i do this Arm workout for about 2months, will my arm muscles tone up fast, and will i get my whole arms tones, or does this arm workout only help your upper arms? What workouts for arms help your lower part of your arms? Thank u. Smile Lynae P.

by Sunny4132 on 3/31/2012 1:17:10 PM

Hey Sunny4132, go for healthy foods like fruits, veggies, wheat bread, trail mix, nuts, and protein like fish and chicken. Also try veggie burgers and other vegetarian alternatives. Check out these articles for more tips on foods to eat and workouts to do. I think if you put your mind to it and really work hard you can achieve anything. So if you really focus these next weeks you'll shed those pounds in no time! Good luck chica! Xoxo

Mod mod mod!!!
What are some foods that are good for me and are low calories and fill me up fast? Also, how can i get a bikini bod in a few months just in time for this summer?? ( two months)
Di you think i can do it!? Di you think that it is possible for me to get a bikini body in two months? If so, HOW??? Thank u sooo much!
Xo. -S Smile Lynae P.

by Sunny4132 on 3/31/2012 1:09:33 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
Is deit no calorie soda like Diet mountain dew good for you? I dont really know if i should drink it or not, because it has zero sugar and zero calories.

Hey girl,

Diet sodas can have fake sugars, which can be bad for you. Some research says aspartame (fake sugar) can lead to cancer, though there isn't anything definitive yet. The best bet is to stick with water!

Meghan D.

by Sunny4132 on 3/31/2012 12:59:26 PM

mod
ok. 2 questions:
1. i met one of my cousin's good guy friends that is like a dorky-cute guy. he agrees with me and is nice to me. he gives me funny nicknames and makes me laugh. he also helps me when we play xbox. i have only met him once though, and he doesnt go to my school. he's like my cousin's big brother. he is only a year older than me. from this, does it sound like he likes me?
2. i am so jealous of my cousin. she is popular, always finds money and buys expensive clothes, and all of the boys like her. she is pretty, and when i compare myself to her i just get upset and jealous. she is also on competitive cheer, and i am on travel softball. she is always winning competitions and getting fancy clothes and doing things with her (like) billion friends. i feel like a weirdo-freak compared to her. but she also goes to a larger (public) school, and i go to a (small) private school. could this be part of her popularity & the like? help!!
thanks Smile

Hey! 1) It's hard to say from these few examples. He might like you or he might  just want to be friends. just get to know him better and see what happens Smile 2) I also have a beautiful cousin who I sometimes feel jealous of, but whenever I start to feel that resentment I just have to remember that she isn't perfect and neither am I. I love my cousin and we're really good friends and i don't want to let my petty feelings get in the way of that. My advice is, don't worry about why your cousin has what she has, just be happy for her and you'll feel a whole lot better.

Helen S.

by SecretCupcakeNinjaCalledTurtle on 3/30/2012 7:27:39 PM

okay, so I'm going to florida for 8 days over april vacation. I dont want to have to shave much, if at all while I'm there!
I just tried waxing for the first time, and it only got about half of the hair it was applied to.. I think its long enough, but do you have any other tips? Also, is it normal to have red bumps, like the pores are red, where i waxed? and is there any other alternative that works well to remove hair for long periods of time?

hey! I personally haven't tried waxing, but here's an article about it. The red pores sound a little like razor burn but for waxing? May be you could also try Nair's hair removal creams? http://www.girlslife.com/tag/waxing-101.aspx

Helen S.

by kelkellkelly on 3/30/2012 5:28:47 PM

MODMOD
Hi! Maybe can you make a video for this? It seems confusing just to read it. Thanks Smile

hey! Thanks for the suggestion girl Smile

Helen S.

by Sheyenne on 3/30/2012 5:28:21 PM

So about this... do you think that if I do this, along with other arm exercises, that I could get toned by May 5? Because I have a very important event that day and my goal is to have toned arms. Thanks!

Hey! If that's your goal, work hard and keep at it! but there's no real way to know if you'll see results by may 5. I always find that when I work out, I feel so good after that I think I see results even if they'd be impossible. My advice is to keep working at it whether you can see a difference by may 5 or not Smile

Helen S.

by Noellastarr0206 on 3/30/2012 4:42:35 PM

**MOD MOD MOD**
I'm in 10th grade and really advanced in math. Right now, I'm in AP Statistics and have already done algebra 1 & 2 and geometry. I was thinking of becoming a math tutor for elementary/maybe middle schoolers. How would I be able to start tutoring? I'm also home schooled so posting something at school wouldn't be an option.

Hey! Try checking with your local library. You could also ask your parents about helping you put up some fliers with your email and tutoring info around different schools Smile
Helen S.

by SparklingStar on 3/30/2012 4:02:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi, my parents never buy fruits so are there and homemade healthy things I can make? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl!  there are plenty of healthy homemade recipes you can try.  Here are a few recipes from GL.com!  Check out our Recipes section on our Health and Fitness page fro more!

ways to make your lunch yummier and healthier for you!

a tasty and healthier dessert!

xo,

Channa R.

by Princess Keziyah on 3/30/2012 1:09:59 PM

GAH! Please GL, when you have an exercise, could you please make a video for the stretches? Because I pretty much never understand them!

by New_York_City on 3/30/2012 10:16:25 AM

Just tried it...definitely adding to my daily workout!

by BBMarie on 3/30/2012 7:10:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay. So in my oppinion I have big thighs! My sis says they look fine but whenever I wear my skinny jeans with a hoodie or something I feel like I look fat! My friends told me not to worry about it because since I play volleyball i will lose it but I'm not one of those tall and lean people! I'm the shortest person on my team! I'm 5'0 and I'm in seventh grade what kinds of exercises do you think I should do to lose the extra fat? Thanks Smile))

Hey girl! First of all, 5'0 is not that short so no worries! To loose extra leg fat try out some of these super fun and easy moves!

Good Luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by Jnndrt on 3/30/2012 12:57:47 AM

Deffenitly will be putting this to use! Btw for those who are reading this please join my club How to Live and How to be Girly... and drop off a question at my Advice Queens page! Smile

by 89beautygirl on 3/30/2012 12:19:58 AM