1 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

Sleepover survival secrets: What to do when you're homesick

Freaked about leaving home? 8 tips to ditch the blues and have blast with your buds

MOD MOD MOD okay so me and my friends were just talkin bout a sleepover and we wanna have it at my place this weekend but theres a problem.....my dad RLLY dosnt like one of my friends (cause she told her stepdad i stoll her stuff and she knew i didnt) so he wont let her in the house anymore...im still kinda hurt by what she did but idk......i gues my other BFF likes her and all so it wouldnt be the same without her.So as i was saying....what should we do?!?!we always go to one of theyre houses but we want somethin different. Any tips?

Hey girl, the best thing to do is to talk to your dad about it. Has she apologized to you about that incident? If so, tell him that, and if not, just tell him how much you value her friendship.
Carrie R.

by katiegurll;) on 6/12/2012 3:43:07 PM

I live for sleepovers!!!!!

by twiggyskittles on 4/7/2012 12:27:25 PM

My first sleep over was in Pre-K! The sad thing is, I hardly remember who was there! Oh well, I hope they forget me too! Or maybe not.

by mnc333 on 4/3/2012 9:46:42 AM

I get homesick alot as well. But I've never gone home before from a sleepover.

by EnchantedToMeetYou... on 3/31/2012 7:32:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Well its time to pick our electives for next year, and my frind whos really funny wants me to pick art so we can hang out. I want to try art, but the truth is i am a terrible artist! Even my friends joke about it but im not offended. Do u think i should take art? I am interested in it but not a good artist! We will have the electives the whole year of that helps! Smile please respond asap thanks so much!

Hey girl,

If you're interested in art, don't let the fear of not being good at it get you down. There'd be no point in taking an art class to learn art if you already knew it, right? I'm sure you're not as bad as you think, and you'll learn how you can improve! The class will have all skill levels, and electives are nothing to stress over. Take what you want, and if that's art, good for you!

Meghan D.

by paramoregurl on 3/30/2012 10:59:46 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Okay so, whenever I am at my best friends's house for a sleepover, her sister starts being mean and never wants to play with us. I don't care....but my bff does. She runs into her room and locks the door and starts crying. I totally understand. I used to be in her position. So, she doesn't let me in and I end up calling my dad and going home. But, she stays at my house instead. Then,when her mom says, "Too bad you couldn't sleepover at the new house tonight." (they just moved into a new house.) I feel bad. How do I cope?

Hey! try talking to your friend. It's understandable that she's upset, but let her know she doesn't have to hide from you when she feels bad. Next time offer to hang out with her in her room until she feels better. If her sister's being rude maybe you guys can play in there for a while. If she's REALLY crossing the line your friend should talk to her mom. She shouldn't have to put up with that.

Helen S.

by charlotte12sky4 on 3/30/2012 6:26:07 PM

MODMODMODMOD. Thanks Lauren C I'll try tomorrow Smile

<333 You're welcome!
Lauren C.

by Starfan1 on 3/29/2012 11:43:09 PM

Omg this is soo helpful. Anyways, MODMODMODMOD
ok so there's a really popular guy(b) at my school and he's soo cute and seems really funny. I wanna talk to him and meet him but I don't know how to meet a guy without the corny hey I'm such and such what's yur name?? He was dating the most pretty popular girl at school but they broke up. I have minor acne so I don't know if b would want to downgrade like that anyways haha. I have confidence and everything but I'm a new student this year so I'm a bit nervous. Btw a friend of mine knows him and says she could maybe introduce us? Also there's a game at my school named Oreo where you have to Ask people out is there a way I could use that to talk to him?? Any advice is great Smile

Hey girlie,

Definitely use your mutual friend to your advantage! Try organizing a group hangout with your friends and some of his, then get your friend to introduce you there. That way, it's a casual introduction, you get one-on-one time with him, and it's not awkward because you have your crew there to break the ice Smile There's also nothing wrong with showing confidence and introducing yourself straight out. Even though it's not the beginning of the school year, you can still use the whole "I'm new - can you help me with ___?" angle! Try asking him what he thinks of a certain teacher, where the best place is to study for final exams, etc. Get creative and give it a try!
Lauren C.

by Starfan1 on 3/29/2012 10:59:04 PM

JOIN MY CLUB!
Want to get that bikini bod by the summer, but it seems impossible? Or do you just want to look good in neon skinny jeans that are SO in this season? Maybe you just need to eat healthier. Either way, you should join my club, Get Fit Fast! If you want more details about the club, go to my profile! And right now, we are looking for a Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Eat healthy motivator, and a Exercise motivator! If you want one of those jobs, you can ask for the job on my profile in the COMMENTS. Please do not apply for any of the jobs in the club on a post. JUST on the COMMENTS.

by New_York_City on 3/29/2012 8:15:05 PM

DO YOU LIKE TO SMILE? Join my club, SMILE ALL DAY Smile I will post every day about things to make you smile! BTW, all officers positions are open! Thanks + Smile All Day!

by sweettooth825 on 3/29/2012 7:55:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
How old do you have to be to apply to model for GL Magazine? I'm 10 (almost 11) years old and all of my friends say I look like a model. Am I eligable to enter to be a GL model? And I also had another question, what kind of things do the models model for?
Thanks so much!
xoxo New_York_City

Hey girlie,

We can't guarantee you'll get chosen, but give it a try! Click this link for all the details:

As for your other question, models work for all sorts of things - magazines, runway, catalogues, websites, advertisements (billboards, etc.), TV commercials, even art!
Lauren C.

by New_York_City on 3/29/2012 7:55:00 PM

hey girlies looking for some great advice? come and ask me on my advice queen page, username honeycakes! I will give you advice on every subject!

or if you would rather join a club, try pink zebra (I am the vice president) it is a newer club that will give you some great advice!! SmileSmile

by honeycakes on 3/29/2012 7:21:46 PM

Super duper cool wooper chewpper lemon scooper. Lol I have funny sayings. Smile

by JessiJo77 on 3/29/2012 5:45:05 PM

MOD
hey, I know this isn't that big of a deal, but when I log on and click on the remember me button, it never remembers me. do you know how to make it remember me?

Hey girl,

Try making sure your "cookies" are turned on by checking your internet options/properties. That lets websites save info, like your password/logged on status, so you don't have to wait!
Lauren C.

by kkgirl4life on 3/29/2012 5:33:07 PM

I got spr homesick in my first sleepover. I burst into tears, and started freaking out. Lol, but really, it had a horrible ending thanks to drama :/

by Beca:p on 3/29/2012 5:08:19 PM

OMG I'm going to my friend's sleepover b-day party tomorrow! This is some great advice, thx GL!

by Glitterheart16 on 3/29/2012 4:54:27 PM

Has any one really ever had this problem Im having to much fun to think about it and my besties rents are like mine to so i never really feel homesick i even have my own bed there!!!

by Payton K on 3/29/2012 4:35:44 PM

wowee, im use 2 it Smile

by Susmita24 on 3/29/2012 4:01:59 PM

My first sleepover went fine. I felt a little homesick at first, but it was so fun I forgot about that.

by supersingershannon on 3/29/2012 4:00:11 PM