3 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

4 HOURS AGO RT @InternQueen: SO excited to have execs from @USATODAYcollege @GOLINglobal @girlslifemag & more at 1st ever #InternQueenParty #DC! http:/http://t.co/FPbSl5siz2

4 HOURS AGO Glam up with @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish: http://t.co/BZdTlAzmjY

COMMENTS

Spring clean your attitude

5 ways to feel fab this season

I totally agree about spending more time outside. I go out on my deck and do my homework in the spring and fall. Its not too cold or hot and you get more vitamin D. Remember to put sunscreen on in all seasons. Just because its cloudy doesn't mean that their isn't sun!

by abcrazykat on 4/1/2012 10:10:19 AM

Sorry i'm asking so many questions!this one's kinda related to my last one:if a guy teases you only & is sweet towards other girls,does it mean he likes you?
THANKS!!!!!

Hey girl,

Guys often tease girls they have crushes on, or else he's just being a jerk! If he seems playful, he might like you, but if he seems genuinely mean then stay away!

Meghan D.

by LilyBS123 on 3/31/2012 11:22:32 AM

Hey girl,

I'm sorry to hear your family is going through rough times. Because we wish only the best for you, it's important you speak to a trusted adult like a teacher, guidance counselor or doctor right away to get an expert opinion and advice for your situation. This post has resources and free hotlines where people will be more than happy to speak with you and answer your questions as well as give you advice. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 3/30/2012 11:10:41 PM

There's this guy who teases me a lot.But the prob's that he's very sweet to my friends while he's very mean to me.He calls me 'witch' just cuz I played the role of a witch in a school play.But he does not call my friend's witch although they also played the role of witches(wizard of Oz,he was the narrator).I once asked him why does he call me only witch and he said cuz i'm ugly.I complained to my friends 'bout him and they started laughing so I asked why and they said that he teases me cuz he likes ME!I don't like him and I'm confused.
P.S.he recently changed his school and i kinda have started missing him even though I hate him!

Ahh, boys.  Can't live with them, can't live without them! I don't know this boy, so I wouldn't be able to confirm your friends' opinions.  However, it's possible that he likes you.  You probably miss him because somewhere deep down, you liked the attention he gave you, it's natural.  Boys have been teasing girls since the beginning of time, that's just their way of saying, "hey, I'm over here, and I like you!"  Not necessarily that they like, like you, but that they wanna be your friend.  And girls have always gotten annoyed with it, (but secretly liked it!)  Embrace it, hun!

xo,

Channa R.

by LilyBS123 on 3/30/2012 8:15:49 AM

Mod mod mod!
My friends and I are being bullied at school: this group of boys just embarrasses and picks on us every day since the beginning of the school year, they gave us a mean nickname, insult us, act super disgusted when they need to be near us, and we don't even know why! Almost everyone in the class does that. I feel so insecure Frown
How do I stand up for myself because I'm just so shy! Help?

Hey girlie,

We did a series of articles in October sharing real stories about bullying - check out our How to Deal With a Bully tag to read them all (and to see other articles about being bullied too). The truth is, bullying is NOT easy. And it happens to wayyyy too many tweens and teens these days. First off, remember that bullying always comes from an insecurity that the bully has about him/herself. Also remember you're not alone and you can always depend on your besties for support. They're going through it with you, so it could even make your friendship stronger! Don't be afraid to talk to your parents, teachers, or school counselor about this too. If you tell them specific examples, they can help you come up with ways to stand up for yourself, ideas to make ignoring them easier, and ways to connect to your classmates to show them you're not much different than them <3
Lauren C.

by Kayla9 on 3/29/2012 11:09:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok this is something that's been a problem for a few months but its been getting worse. it seems like every second i'm thinking about how ugly i am. all of my friends say i'm pretty but i just don't see it. and i keep comparing myself to other girls! i just can't stop! somedays i feel good about myself but most of the time i'm just sadFrown i have tried everything its just that everytime i look in the mirror i see alot of things wrong with me i can't pick out ONE GOOD THING!! please helpCry

Hey babes,

We've all been there - promise ya. When I'm feeling down or picking my appearance apart, I like reading this article about that bad word "ugly." It really helps put things into perspective! And I also like choosing something to do that makes me feel good about myself in a different way, like going for a jog, laughing with friends, or doing community service. Life is about SO much more than having the "wrong" hair color or one eye being bigger than the other, ya know? <3
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 3/29/2012 10:36:39 PM

MOD thank lauren C. btw my dress is white with teal and black flowers SUPER CUTE and I am going to wear gold eye shadow and light pink lipstick!! sound good

Love it! You'll look so pretty, have a great time!!!!!! Smile
Lauren C.

by Payton K on 3/29/2012 9:20:40 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD,
Ok 2 things
1. do you think its better to tell people the truth or avoid drama and stay mum
2. I never get ANY sleep at slppeovers!! even when we decide to go to bed i can never fall asleep! what should I do? Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie,

1. I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes, you can delicately tell the truth and it's not a huge deal - like if you're trying on clothes at the mall and your friend asks if you like the dress she has on. You can be like, "It's ok, but I think something with a halter neck would make you look awesome!" And if it's a secret that could help someone stay healthy and safe, tell it. But if it's something big and could hurt feelings, it's best to keep it to yourself.

2. That's the point! Smile I rarely get sleep when I'm hanging out at sleepovers either, but it's kinda fun because we don't do it all the time. If you really want to get more shut-eye, try bringing an iPod with you. Make a playlist called "Sleep" with soothing, slow, happy songs that relax you. When you all decide it's finally time for bed, put it on and let yourself calm down. You still might wake up a lil groggy in the morning from playing Truth or Dare til super late, but this always helps me get more rest!
Lauren C.

by wxyz22 on 3/29/2012 9:06:17 PM

JOIN MY CLUB!
Want to get that bikini bod by the summer, but it seems impossible? Or do you just want to look good in neon skinny jeans that are SO in this season? Maybe you just need to eat healthier. Either way, you should join my club, Get Fit Fast! If you want more details about the club, go to my profile! And right now, we are looking for a Treasurer or Secretary. If you want one of those jobs, you can ask for the job on my profile in the COMMENTS. Please do not apply for any of the jobs in the club on a post. JUST on the COMMENTS.

by New_York_City on 3/29/2012 8:48:09 PM

JOIN MY CLUB!
Want to get that bikini bod by the summer, but it seems impossible? Or do you just want to look good in neon skinny jeans that are SO in this season? Maybe you just need to eat healthier. Either way, you should join my club, Get Fit Fast! If you want more details about the club, go to my profile! And right now, we are looking for a Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Eat healthy motivator, and a Exercise motivator! If you want one of those jobs, you can ask for the job on my profile in the COMMENTS. Please do not apply for any of the jobs in the club on a post. JUST on the COMMENTS.

by New_York_City on 3/29/2012 8:15:52 PM