8 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

11 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

12 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Make your frenemy a true-blue bestie

Our tricks to getting thisclose, right now…

MOD MOD MOD!
I was BEST FRIENDS with this girl in the beginning of the year (we weren't really BFF's I just faked it for 3 years! Right now I keep asking myself why i would just fake. But I did) but I finally stood up to her (she was really abusive to me and mean) and she kept saying 'no come back' and 'well this friendship was working for ME' and I had to say 'but it needs to work for both of us and it isn't working for me!' and she keeps saying 'your still my BFF for life to me, even if it isn't that way for you' and it's annoying! Whenever I talk to her (literally WHENEVER) she says "Yay we're BFF's again!" and we're not. I've actually tried to go back to her after a few months and for the first 2 days she was all nice and stuff, and then she was mean to me (really mean) and so I stopped. Later, I tried again, and it was the same story. She keeps saying 'come back to me' and I don't want to, I'm not going to. She's being abusive to me and trying to manipulate me! What do I do?

Hey girl,

If you're upset about what she's done in the past, tell her that! Say you'd like to be friends again but that it bothered you when she acted that way. If she apologizes, why not give her a second chance? It sounds like she really wants to be friends with you!

Meghan D.

by New_York_City on 3/31/2012 11:09:49 AM

I can totally use this. Most of my probs r solved.

by kdstrdn on 3/31/2012 10:44:40 AM

MODMODMOD
I was friends with three girls at the begining of the school year, and then I drifted away from them.(my choice and they were fine with it)Now I hang out with my best friends and am much happier! The problem is that the three mains girls and me are casual friends but they want to be best friends. I don't really want to become good friends with them because they are drama starters and kinda annoying

Hey girl,

If your pals are starting drama but you still want to be friends with them sometimes, maybe you can reach a happy medium. Tell them you enjoy spending time with them but that you're not interested in drama or gossip, and maybe they'll take a hint!

Meghan D.

by tweety545 on 3/31/2012 10:08:37 AM

Im going to middle school in august! but how can i be able to make it in the whole world on middle schoolers. There i this one girl who i knew since i was born actually and shes turn mean and punches my brother and one time we actually fought.When i enter sixth grade she will be in 8th what do i do!

Hey girl,

If you're worried about getting into a fight with this girl, just avoid conversation and confrontation with her as much as possible. If you do run into each other, just keep calm even if she's mean! As for the general transition into middle school, don't worry -- everyone's nervous about starting out at a new school! Check out this post on making friends at a new school http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/12/7-secrets-to-making-a-killer-first-impression.aspx , and this post has some great tips too! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/17/First-day-freak-out-fix-its.aspx

Meghan D.

by fashionguru6 on 3/31/2012 10:04:54 AM

MODMODMOD I used to have this best friend that I was super close with for awhile but now all she is doing is hanging out with another girl. When I try to talk and hang out with her she never seems interested. I feel like we are drifting apart and I really miss her. What should I do?
(Also when we are alone by ourselves we do fine and have a lot of fun)

Hey girl,

If you have fun when you two are alone, she's probably still interested in being friends! Tell her you understand that she wants to have other friends, but you feel like you're being left out of the loop. Can you be friends with the other girl, too? If all of you hang out together, the problem won't be an issue anymore!

Meghan D.

by peaceluvsmile on 3/31/2012 1:49:54 AM

Okay so i have a big problem! I'm a hige tomboy, I'm a freshman and I wear mostly guys clothes and zero make up! People at my school are starting to say I'm lez, which I'm not! I'm 100% straight! But at my tiny school if one person says something, even a lie, it spreads like wildfire! I don't want them to keep thinking that, but I also don't wanna have to change my style! HELP! What should I do!?

Hey girl,

It stinks that there are such yucky stigmas attached to tomboys and to lesbians -- it's totally okay and normal to be either one, or both! You don't have to change your style to counteract rumors -- as long as you know yourself, that's all that matters. Find friends who appreciate your tomboy style and ignore everyone else!

Meghan D.