7 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

10 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

11 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

What to do now to make sure your summer totally rocks

Wanna have the best summer ever? Do this, right now…

Dear Mod,
I'm in seventh grade and I weight 90 pounds.  I do not wear a bra  but I do wear a cami. It is already hot in florida and we have started swimming.  I want to get a soft cup swimsuit because I look funny without it. However, I don't know how to ask my mom.  This is a sensitive subject for us.  Right now I am planning on buying the swimsuit with my friend and then showing it to my mom to show her my decision without her trying to change it. I know this is deceiving her and I don't really want to have to do it.  Can you give me some advice?
Thanks

If you tell your mom that you are very insecure about your body i think she will understand why you wanted to get that kind of bathing suit.

Amanda P.

by JellyBeanChick on 4/4/2012 8:08:48 AM

Mod Mod Mod
My 16th birthday is in May and I have no idea what I should do! I'm going to have around 7 outbreak friends with me and I can't have it in my small house. Do you have any ideas or themes? I'm stressing out about it :o

Hey girlie,

You're so lucky your bday is in May! That means nice weather, so you have lots of options. Think about your hobbies - what would be your dream day? Going shopping? Going to the beach? A movie day where you see a few different movies back-to-back? Chilling at home (in your backyard maybe) and getting pizza, cake, and playing tons of board games? Rock climbing, bowling, a spa day? Think about what you like and what will make you happy! <3
Lauren C.

by gravationgirl on 3/31/2012 11:54:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a bunch of hair on my tummy and back and pretty much everywhere. i know its normal and it doesn't bug me, what bugs me is what people say about it....should i shave the hair on my tummy(its the most noticeale abd its not even that bad to me) this summer when i start wearing my swimsuit? idk its just i'm tired of people looking at me like i'm a freak when they are the hairless weirdos lol

Hey girlie,

Definitely do NOT shave it! Check out this article for tips on how to make the hair less noticeable instead. (And when we say "depilatory," we mean hair removal creams like Nair or Veet.) <3
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 3/31/2012 11:16:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I really wanna get a job so I can have a little cash, but I'm only 13 and live in a pretty small town. My mom won't let me babysit. Any ideas??? Also, I don't like doing extra chores for my 'rents and getting extra dough, because I feel bad for expecting money when I should help out a little more anyways. Help???? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Have you talked to mom about wanting to make some money and learn from having a "job" right now? Maybe if she knew that, she could compromise - for example, if she doesn't want you to babysit, she could give you some extra chores and some money for doing them. (That way, you won't feel guilty either, because it's like a replacement for babysitting.) You could also "pet sit" or dog walk, box up some old clothes/toys and sell them, start an Etsy shop if you like crafting and are good at making jewelry/phone cases/scarves/etc.... or check this article for a few more ideas to inspire you Smile
Lauren C.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 3/31/2012 10:45:22 PM

Ugh! I go back to school on monday so tomorrow is my last day of spring break. How do i get my positive energy towards school back before monday. Help me make it until summer. (PS this is off topic but i want to suggest that GL writes an article about racial profiling for the special report in a future issue of GL) thx

Hey girlie,

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll keep it in mind! Smile As for your question, try setting some goals for the next few months. Do you want to try a new club, get a certain grade in a class, have adventures with friends, become closer to a certain teacher or classmate? Do you want to pick up a new hobby, make some cash, reorganize your locker? Whether it's a small goal or a big one, make a list. That way, you'll have something to strive toward before summer! Goals always help you get pumped up, so you'll wake up on Monday excited and ready to take on school again Smile
Lauren C.

by Carinaamina on 3/31/2012 10:33:55 PM

Over the summer I'm a counselor at a dance camp and I'm going to Disney with my dance school to dance in a parade on main street!! Sooooo EXCITED!!!

by peacelove887 on 3/31/2012 10:04:23 PM

so excited I'm taking 2 vacas(: one to arizona and one to florida!!! yayyy i can't wait to get a good tan

by mydreame on 3/31/2012 6:40:38 PM

Hey girls, check out my club "The GL Journal" Smile

by wednesday1408 on 3/31/2012 5:33:18 PM

Okay,Some family was moving nex door to us but I didnt relly cared who moved in so i went to shoot some hoops...When i tried to shoot a point, the ball ricochet off the rim and fell to my new neighbor's backyard...Thts wen i heard a boyish voice saying, ( Good try, but if yu need some pointers, Im yur guy)...i saw over our fence where he caught it and handed to me...I was lyk( Oh thx,)..He said( No problem,I just moved in)..in my head i was lyk ohh so he moved to this new house...He asked me do yu wanna play 1 on 1?)...i said sure i mean there's no harm in tht rite? So, after our game, i won, he asked me (What skool i got 2) I told him, and tht's the same skool he's gonna go..He said( Maybe after skool, we can hang out?) I said, ( Okay, we can be friends)...He looked at me lyk wat r yu talking bout?...He said( Kool, but we can become just more than friends)...He then left..I already gotta bf! Wat do i do??? I dont wanna be mean,but Im already taken!!! HELP HELP!!!!

There's nothing mean about already being taken, chica!

It's as easy as just telling him that you're already taken.  He won't be upset, since it's not actually your rejecting him.
Jordan S.

by Susmita24 on 3/31/2012 5:28:32 PM

Hey girls!
Please check out my bff's YouTube vids: She creates music videos using anime and popular songs. So if you have any free time, maybe you could like, share, drop a comment or suggest other songs she could try? Laughing Just search the user mont-blanc camille
Thanks!