Bridget M.

is modding

11 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

14 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

15 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

What to do now to make sure your summer totally rocks

Wanna have the best summer ever? Do this, right now…

i am gonna be workin out, trying to lose weight & get healthy. i will be eatin healthy & swimming -if i can get mom to put up the swimming pull!- Frown

by yummyhair99 on 3/26/2013 8:14:26 PM

Also making jewelry is another Idea.
Smile

by JamisonC1 on 2/2/2013 2:10:15 AM

If you are under 13 the best job is from babysitting all the way to selling lemonade at the park or offering help around your neighborhood.

by JamisonC1 on 2/2/2013 2:09:10 AM

soo...going to a summer daycamp, hopefully gonna do dogwalking,plant watering and stuff with a friend! Hope to have fun....need ideas to have some... REALLY BORED

by lacefedora on 6/23/2012 8:10:05 PM

How can you get a job if you're only 11????? (almost 12)Consider younger GL readers feelings!!!

by loppyears12 on 6/16/2012 6:26:10 PM

I have the perfect summer according this! Smile I'm going to camp in June, I have a job, I'm seeing One direction in concert, I'm having a 'schools over' party, and I'm going to Vermont, Europe and Spain! Yay! Smile

by bookfashion411 on 4/26/2012 6:51:13 PM

Ugh, we're going on a big trip next year so I have nothing to look forward to this year. Also, the Glee cast isn't going on tour this summer either, which I've been saving up all year to go to one of their concerts. My favorite band is sold out too. Frown

by hmonkey2 on 4/15/2012 12:33:21 AM

I'm going to the Galapagos Islands, New York, the beach, Great Wolfe Lodge, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Colonial Williamsburg this summer.

by lilyyum on 4/9/2012 7:55:30 PM

I plan on getting a job this summer and going to the beach.

by supersingershannon on 4/9/2012 4:26:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My dad is trying to plan a vacation for this summer, but we can't think of anything. We have 14 year old me 15 year old bro mom and dad we need some good ideas. Laughing any idea is a good idea.

Hey girl,

Why not go on a classic summer vacation, like a theme park or the beach? You can't beat roller coasters or swimming in the summertime! Whatever you decide will be fun, though -- it's being together with your fam that counts!

Meghan D.

by rosa3150 on 4/6/2012 11:31:46 PM

Dear Mod,
I'm in seventh grade and I weight 90 pounds.  I do not wear a bra  but I do wear a cami. It is already hot in florida and we have started swimming.  I want to get a soft cup swimsuit because I look funny without it. However, I don't know how to ask my mom.  This is a sensitive subject for us.  Right now I am planning on buying the swimsuit with my friend and then showing it to my mom to show her my decision without her trying to change it. I know this is deceiving her and I don't really want to have to do it.  Can you give me some advice?
Thanks

If you tell your mom that you are very insecure about your body i think she will understand why you wanted to get that kind of bathing suit.

Amanda P.

by JellyBeanChick on 4/4/2012 8:08:48 AM

Mod Mod Mod
My 16th birthday is in May and I have no idea what I should do! I'm going to have around 7 outbreak friends with me and I can't have it in my small house. Do you have any ideas or themes? I'm stressing out about it :o

Hey girlie,

You're so lucky your bday is in May! That means nice weather, so you have lots of options. Think about your hobbies - what would be your dream day? Going shopping? Going to the beach? A movie day where you see a few different movies back-to-back? Chilling at home (in your backyard maybe) and getting pizza, cake, and playing tons of board games? Rock climbing, bowling, a spa day? Think about what you like and what will make you happy! <3
Lauren C.

by gravationgirl on 3/31/2012 11:54:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a bunch of hair on my tummy and back and pretty much everywhere. i know its normal and it doesn't bug me, what bugs me is what people say about it....should i shave the hair on my tummy(its the most noticeale abd its not even that bad to me) this summer when i start wearing my swimsuit? idk its just i'm tired of people looking at me like i'm a freak when they are the hairless weirdos lol

Hey girlie,

Definitely do NOT shave it! Check out this article for tips on how to make the hair less noticeable instead. (And when we say "depilatory," we mean hair removal creams like Nair or Veet.) <3
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 3/31/2012 11:16:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I really wanna get a job so I can have a little cash, but I'm only 13 and live in a pretty small town. My mom won't let me babysit. Any ideas??? Also, I don't like doing extra chores for my 'rents and getting extra dough, because I feel bad for expecting money when I should help out a little more anyways. Help???? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Have you talked to mom about wanting to make some money and learn from having a "job" right now? Maybe if she knew that, she could compromise - for example, if she doesn't want you to babysit, she could give you some extra chores and some money for doing them. (That way, you won't feel guilty either, because it's like a replacement for babysitting.) You could also "pet sit" or dog walk, box up some old clothes/toys and sell them, start an Etsy shop if you like crafting and are good at making jewelry/phone cases/scarves/etc.... or check this article for a few more ideas to inspire you Smile
Lauren C.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 3/31/2012 10:45:22 PM

Ugh! I go back to school on monday so tomorrow is my last day of spring break. How do i get my positive energy towards school back before monday. Help me make it until summer. (PS this is off topic but i want to suggest that GL writes an article about racial profiling for the special report in a future issue of GL) thx

Hey girlie,

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll keep it in mind! Smile As for your question, try setting some goals for the next few months. Do you want to try a new club, get a certain grade in a class, have adventures with friends, become closer to a certain teacher or classmate? Do you want to pick up a new hobby, make some cash, reorganize your locker? Whether it's a small goal or a big one, make a list. That way, you'll have something to strive toward before summer! Goals always help you get pumped up, so you'll wake up on Monday excited and ready to take on school again Smile
Lauren C.

by Carinaamina on 3/31/2012 10:33:55 PM

Over the summer I'm a counselor at a dance camp and I'm going to Disney with my dance school to dance in a parade on main street!! Sooooo EXCITED!!!

by peacelove887 on 3/31/2012 10:04:23 PM

so excited I'm taking 2 vacas(: one to arizona and one to florida!!! yayyy i can't wait to get a good tan

by mydreame on 3/31/2012 6:40:38 PM

Hey girls, check out my club "The GL Journal" Smile

by wednesday1408 on 3/31/2012 5:33:18 PM

Okay,Some family was moving nex door to us but I didnt relly cared who moved in so i went to shoot some hoops...When i tried to shoot a point, the ball ricochet off the rim and fell to my new neighbor's backyard...Thts wen i heard a boyish voice saying, ( Good try, but if yu need some pointers, Im yur guy)...i saw over our fence where he caught it and handed to me...I was lyk( Oh thx,)..He said( No problem,I just moved in)..in my head i was lyk ohh so he moved to this new house...He asked me do yu wanna play 1 on 1?)...i said sure i mean there's no harm in tht rite? So, after our game, i won, he asked me (What skool i got 2) I told him, and tht's the same skool he's gonna go..He said( Maybe after skool, we can hang out?) I said, ( Okay, we can be friends)...He looked at me lyk wat r yu talking bout?...He said( Kool, but we can become just more than friends)...He then left..I already gotta bf! Wat do i do??? I dont wanna be mean,but Im already taken!!! HELP HELP!!!!

There's nothing mean about already being taken, chica!

It's as easy as just telling him that you're already taken.  He won't be upset, since it's not actually your rejecting him.
Jordan S.

by Susmita24 on 3/31/2012 5:28:32 PM

Hey girls!
Please check out my bff's YouTube vids: She creates music videos using anime and popular songs. So if you have any free time, maybe you could like, share, drop a comment or suggest other songs she could try? Laughing Just search the user mont-blanc camille
Thanks!

by Kayla9 on 3/31/2012 2:40:20 PM

Hey NoDoubt, only tanning beds and staying in the sun for too long wil make you orange. Self tanners will just give you a glow. My roommate self tans occasionally and it looks very natural. I think she uses Neutrogena micro mist, but I've also heard Jergens had a good self tanner too. Hope see help! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I really wanna try self tanner but i dont want to look too orange or like streaky and ideas? Thanks Lynae P.

by NoDoubt on 3/31/2012 2:14:05 PM

Hey txtingirl, only the daily giveaway winners are posted. Since the 'Embrace' book contest, was a special contest, you'll get an email notifying you of your win. I will take 4-6 weeks for yo to get your prize in the mail. Good luck girl, hope ya win! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
When will the winners for the "Embrace" (the book) beauty contest thing be posted? The contest said they will be chosen today (the 31st) but when will they be posted? Lynae P.

by txtingirl on 3/31/2012 2:03:34 PM

Hey guys! Please join my club, Getting Ready for Summer! It is about girls that need to find the right bikini, or need to get the right Bod before summer comes. Here you can give advice.

by ljbdaisy on 3/31/2012 1:12:36 PM

my parent are having money shortage and i wanna help,and im about to be 13,any ideas on what i can do?

Hey girl,

If you're too young to get an actual job, you could pick up odd jobs in your neighborhood like dog walking, yard work or babysitting. If you can't find anything, your parents won't expect you to help out since you're so young, but it's sweet of you to do what you can to try!

Meghan D.

by natbe99 on 3/31/2012 12:28:50 PM

I'll be working during the summer and then heading off to college in August Smile We're going to Myrtle Beach like every year and I'll be flying to Florida alone like usual. I'm also hoping to have plans for senior week Laughing

by karatejenn16 on 3/31/2012 11:50:03 AM

This summer i'm going to New Jersey and i'm gonna stay at my cousins house!! I cannot wait! Smile

by bribri2199 on 3/31/2012 11:43:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Are the moderators friends? Like are Megan D. and Lauren C. friends? That's what I mean. Do you guys know each other and do stufff together?

Hey girl,

Some of us who have interned at GL in the past have met, and one of the other mods and I go to the same school and hang out sometimes, but most of us have never met each other because we're all over the country!

Meghan D.

by New_York_City on 3/31/2012 11:30:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD:
I really want to get JB tickets,but they go on sale in June and I only have about 75 dolllars. What should I do to save up money? By the way,I'm 11 and not allowed to babysit,walk dogs,and I can't clean yards.

Hey girl,

If your parents won't let you work for other people, would they let you work for them? Offer to do extra chores like cooking or cleaning and see if they'll let you earn your way to the tickets through them.

Meghan D.

by MadMaddie911 on 3/31/2012 11:16:34 AM

I'm filling out an application for a waitressing job.. the hard thing is finding references! I didn't realize until now how hard it is to find 3 adults I've known more then a year, outside my family!

by bright_lights111 on 3/31/2012 11:12:38 AM

Good ideas

by sparklysharpie on 3/31/2012 11:04:28 AM

I can't wait for summer! We are going on a cruise to Europe, Spain, Barcelona, and a ton of other awesome places! The boat has a ton of pools and waterparks! Ahhh! And every year, my grandma gives me a shopping spree so we can get something we actually want for our birthday! And this year she just raised the price to $150! So if I save my $$$ now, (I get $10 every Friday), and then I combine that money with my shopping spree, I could by SO much stuff! I'm so excited! Smile

by New_York_City on 3/31/2012 10:50:13 AM

*mod*mod*mod*mod*mod
What are some jobs I could get? I'm 14 and I don't turn 15 till August and I live in Virginia.
Also do you know of any college camps on the east coast that offer scholarships to attend? I really want to attend an enrichment camp in June.

Hey girl,

Some jobs offer employment to people who are 14 and a half, whereas at other jobs you might have to be 16 or 18. Ask around at local restaurants and stores to see what you can find! Most college camps offer scholarships, so find some programs you're interested in and email their financial aid office to see what they have available.

Meghan D.

by ninadasiy on 3/31/2012 10:08:47 AM

great advice GL. I'm refereeing for soccer this summer, so I fond a job I actually loved.

by kewauneegal on 3/31/2012 9:16:41 AM

Nice ideas! But right now its spring and theres a huge snowstorm outside, PLEASE COME GOOD WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by ColosalMascara on 3/31/2012 8:58:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So a few weeks ago, me and my bf broke up because we never really tryed to see eachother. Now that i have been single for a little while, I want a new boyfriend. I get so jelous of seeing couples in the hallways at school, and seing my friend with her bf, and my other friend had a one year anniversery last week, idk i kinda want that. But i doubt theres any guys that actually like me. I was thinking of asking my BGF, but idk if he would say yes. Any help you can give me?

Hey girl,

It's only been a few weeks since your breakup and you already want a new bf? You might be more in love with the concept of a relationship than with an actual guy, which won't end well -- you have to find someone you actually care about and want to do stuff for the same way you want them to do stuff for you! When the right guy comes along, it might not be for a little while, so don't rush into anything! If you actually like your bgf, there's no harm in going for it, but do you actually like him or just want to be in a relationship? If you're not sure, wait a little while and see how you feel about him then.

Meghan D.

by puppydogs101 on 3/31/2012 8:36:34 AM

I'm going to Disney for spring break! My dad and I love going there so much, it's like we have a disease where we have to go. I went twice last year and I'm going again!

by MusicIsLove123 on 3/31/2012 8:23:47 AM

i'm thinking about making and selling earrings (my friend does that so yeah) ;) and walking dogs. I'm also volunteering at a stable. i'm not old enough to muck stalls or get paid yet, but i really don't care. i just love being around horses. XD

by Nikichic on 3/31/2012 1:52:06 AM

cool ideas, but im not old enough to get a job.. but i could still do like dog walking and easy stuff like that Tong

by stylecrazy503 on 3/31/2012 12:16:54 AM