Bridget M.

is modding

3 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

6 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

7 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

5 ways to bloom your confidence

Makin’ a speech in front of your grade? No prob! Talkin’ to that cutie in your math class? Psh, naturally!

The best way to boost ur confidence is to turn on your van dancing song and dance lieka weirdo in ur room! Or with ur bestie!

by BrynnW on 4/12/2012 11:02:28 PM

Okay so I've got this school dance in May, and usually I don't go to school danceds, but this is the middle school graduation one, so its pretty important. I was wondering if you could help me narrow down my dress choices (cuts, colors, styles, etc.) I'm tall and thin with long brown hair and blue eyes. Any tips?

Hey girlie,

For some reason, I'm thinking of a deep blue tank top dress with a V neck that hits just near the knee. I think blue would look so pretty on you! But if you don't like that, try a bright color (perf for spring) and a cut that makes you feel pretty - body con, A line, maxi, whatever you love! Smile
Lauren C.

by fudgemonkey on 4/12/2012 7:39:29 PM

Well these are all good but for me the smile thing doesn't work 'cause when I smile I feel awkward. I've been told that I smile like a duck. Frown and I feel that my teeth are messed up and will be until I get up the nerve to go to the dentist. Frown

by just_me12 on 4/12/2012 12:25:20 AM

Please help!! I have a high voice, so people always treat me like I'm a little kid. They call me "adorable" in a nice way, but it just makes me feel inferior to them. I feel like I can never be equal to them! I'm also super shy and I have been trying to bust it, I really have. I think I'm getting better. I always feel like I am boring and no one wants me though. People always chose other people over me. I really want to be funny and fun, but I don't know how! I try to be myself. I have friends, but it seems like they always chose other people too. There are people in our friend "group" that I'm not even friends with. Sometimes I wish that I would just die or be someone else (don't worry, I would never kill myself). Sometimes I feel that I don't fit in with my family. I can talk to them, though. I think I may need to see a psychologist to help, but I'm afraid my family doesn't realize how bad it is. Thanks sooooo much!!! <3

Well my first suggestion is to talk to your school counselor. Theyll be able to give you advice and be there for you. As for becoming more outgoing and finding people you fit with, its gonna take time and finding the right people . I even still feel out of place with my best friend Danielle sometimes. We all have those moments. The only person Ive never felt out of place with is my boyfriend. One day youll find a boy who will fulfill that same role for you. It took me 20 years to find my prince who helps me feel like I fit in. Give yourself time to fit into your world as well. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by applea123 on 4/11/2012 10:45:50 PM

hey girls do you need some advice on anything or do you like to give it out? Join my club The Agency!!! advice on EVERYTHING! boys, fashion, fitness, beauty, health, self esteem, bullying, friendships and MORE! plus daily Tip of the Day to make your life just that much better! JOIN NOW!

by ostar21 on 4/11/2012 7:29:02 PM

Thanks soo much! Especially in band now that I'm the only alto in my period class (there's 2 more in 1st period for 7th grade) and the other alto is hardly in class anymore. The other one in my class period just moved to tenor so now I'm afraid of messing up even though everyone tells me I'm good and I was even in honor band, still. It puts me in more pressure in my class period but because of this, I feel more confident about technically being the only alto in my class periodSmile Thanks GL!

by Sheyenne on 4/11/2012 6:17:44 PM

Thanks! They r tots true! Standing up staright i find makes me more content on how i look and i seem to be complimented more when doing so! Im always trying to be on the sunny side of things and because of it im getting lots more friends then when i was shy and more pesimistect. Using ur imagination is like one of the best things eva! I dont want to blend in! And working out makes me feel AMAZIN!!! And smiling.. Gets me anywhere i wanna go with (sometimes ) a smile back!!!😃😄

by yellowfluff on 4/11/2012 5:58:06 PM

This helps a lot

by Girlygirl0906 on 4/11/2012 4:48:07 PM

Mod mod!!! I used to have good self respect and confidence untill this year when i met a new group of friends they hurt me and tell me im ugly every day its not seriouse i thinkil their kidding but it really hurts me they tell me stuff like you should just kill yourself and then say their kidding it doesnt effect me in any way eccept hurts me i would never commit suicide or be mean and dirty like them please dont tell me to just get new friends because they are my only friends in my class and their funny and nice sometimes then how can i get them to be nice all the time pleaseeeee help meee!!!

You need to tell them and be stern even mad sounding that they need to stop. Make it a very strong point that you don't care if they are playing or not, it is rude and they need to stop saying those things to you. But, yeah, you're right, I think you need to hang out with different people because those girls sound rude and you know that they are not a good match for you.

Amanda P.

by rubyeve13 on 4/11/2012 4:27:43 PM

I sort of lack confidence sometimes! This helps a lot! Smile

by LittleRockstar on 4/11/2012 4:07:44 PM

Help me! I use every tip out there, and all the advice people give me, but I have no self confidence. I always feel inferior and today was a terrible day. I don't have suicidal thoughts, but I wish I had a better life or I was someone else. This is my last year in my private school, then I go to high school, so I want to get better by then. I've already talked to a psychologist, but it didn't help. I talk to people I trust, but it doesn't help. I think I'm ugly, fat, and stupid, only when it comes to WW2 am I smart. What can I do to finally be happy with myself? This has been going on for almost 5 years.

I think you need to see the psychologist regularly, once or twice a week because it sounds like you do need help. Also you need to stop thinking of yourself as all those negative things. Who cares? Be proud of yourself for the things you are good at. This is what I want you to do and you better do it missy: Everyday look in the mirror and say one thing you like about yourself and you can't repeat and you can't leave the mirror until you have said something. Trust me you will start to notice a change, it will be very slow, but eventually you will start appreciating the things that make you different.

Amanda P.

by Noellastarr0206 on 4/11/2012 3:48:40 PM

Just what I needed! Thanks so much, GL!

***♥***Love Taylor Swift? Yep, I do too! If you're a fan, please come join my club 'Taylor Swift Fan's 4-ever!' to meet girls who share their love for Tay! I'm on everyday to post, and we have awesome officers who are, tooSmile Please join!***♥***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/10/2012 7:57:35 PM

I love these tips! I'm soo gonna use these! I NEED more confidence badly!

hey girls do you need some advice on anything or do you like to give it out? Join my club Queens of Hearts <3!!! advice on EVERYTHING! boys, fashion, fitness, beauty, health, self esteem, bullying, friendships and MORE! plus daily Tip of the Day to make your life just that much better! JOIN NOW!

luvvvee your girl honeycakes Laughing <3

Do you have any cool ideas for a fitness club name? I was thinking of starting one! post on my profile if you do! Its going to be based on having workout buddies to cheer you on, motivate you and give advice when you need it! please let me know if you do!!

by honeycakes on 4/10/2012 7:27:15 PM

Have you been bullied? Do you know someone who has been bullied? Well that's not cool but if you need someone to talk to come to my. I want bullying to stop !!!!! Help me make it happen. Join my club. Bullying has to stop!!!!

by Girlygirl0906 on 4/10/2012 6:25:09 PM

Nice to know! Laughing

*** I have an Advice Queen page! Just ask and you shall receive a helpful answer ASAP!! ***

by future_artist on 4/10/2012 4:38:23 PM