1 HOURS AGO #SoundOff! What's your stance on smoking? http://t.co/5P2HcJXJTO

2 HOURS AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

3 HOURS AGO Why he talks to you on summer vacay—but not in school: http://t.co/QHqdQINuLZ

COMMENTS

Do something epic

Support teen literacy by joining one of the biggest book drives in the nation…

Hey everyone! I recently made a new club called "Quote of the Day". If you like reading quotes daily from inspirational to funny, this is the perfect club for you! Please join!! Thanks, have an awesome day Laughing

by paxetcaritas101 on 4/27/2012 7:19:05 PM

every girl should read one of ally carter's teen fiction books. they're all about girl power and yes, there is romance, but there's action too Smile

by missnickib on 4/16/2012 6:05:39 PM

Hey moderator, (and all you lovely ladies out there if you wannna answer)
this doesn't have anything to do with the post, but anyway, for some reason the past week i've been feeling frustrated and moody and snappish and cry sometimes for no good reason and my stomach feels sort of bloated and fat anywau i sometimes feel this way right before i get on my period but it hasn't happened yet and i don't keep track of it so i'm not sure when i'm due for it. And i want to lose all my stomach fat but its like it just won't go away and i run tons and exercise and eat healthy (I would do this even if i didn't need to lose weight cuz i love working out and eating healthy but it's still frustrating that i have so much tummy fat) ugh its so frustrating can you help? just answering this would be helpful thanks a million

Hey girl, I know it can be frustrating, but it sounds like you are describing common symptoms of PMS. It's okay every once in a while to feel the need to cry it out a bit--it's completely normal! If you want to try to avoid your slump, I suggest marking when you get your period on a calendar. That way, you'll know when to expect those mood swings next month. Plan a fun girls' night with your besties or rent a new movie that just came out on DVD. Find something that you enjoy to lift your spirits. Keep your head held high and you'll be out of your funk soon enough!

As far as stomach fat goes, it can be due a lot to genetics. It sounds like you already exercise a lot and eat well, so maybe you could just revamp your current lifestyle to see if that has an effect at all. Try high intensity interval training--instead of jogging a couple of miles at a leisurely pace, combine sprints with jogs. It will pump up your heart rate and help burn fat. You could also try weight-lifting to build more muscle. Food-wise, try to clean up your diet as much as possible. Eat plenty of veggies and lots of water. Good sources of fat (like nuts, avocados, natural peanut butter) can also help. Don't forget to nourish your body! You are still growing so eat plenty of whole foods that are good for ya!

Colleen K.

by born2ride on 4/16/2012 9:39:30 AM

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ Officer positions are open and the application is posted, hurry up, I'll be distributing the positions once I get 5 applications Laughing

by kayla9 on 4/13/2012 7:54:31 PM

I think every kid should read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, at the very least.

by otter77 on 4/13/2012 7:17:42 PM

Interesting! I have a bunch of books to donate!

by ColleenMonster on 4/13/2012 7:11:12 PM

My friends and I are doing this and I'm so glad to see Girlslife promoting it!!

by Varchang on 4/13/2012 6:34:52 PM

@Sarah510: You actually owned 2 million books?!

by kayla9 on 4/13/2012 5:30:06 PM

I think everyone should read The Name of the Wind trilogy by Patrick Rothfuss. It's really entertaining and goes past over-used fantasy creatures like vampires and werewolves.

by spazzygirI on 4/13/2012 3:12:07 PM

Whoops, wrong article... I meant the GL style superstar one...

by xXMissBehavedXx on 4/13/2012 1:01:07 PM