13 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

14 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

15 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

Do something epic

Support teen literacy by joining one of the biggest book drives in the nation…

Hey everyone! I recently made a new club called "Quote of the Day". If you like reading quotes daily from inspirational to funny, this is the perfect club for you! Please join!! Thanks, have an awesome day Laughing

by paxetcaritas101 on 4/27/2012 7:19:05 PM

every girl should read one of ally carter's teen fiction books. they're all about girl power and yes, there is romance, but there's action too Smile

by missnickib on 4/16/2012 6:05:39 PM

Hey moderator, (and all you lovely ladies out there if you wannna answer)
this doesn't have anything to do with the post, but anyway, for some reason the past week i've been feeling frustrated and moody and snappish and cry sometimes for no good reason and my stomach feels sort of bloated and fat anywau i sometimes feel this way right before i get on my period but it hasn't happened yet and i don't keep track of it so i'm not sure when i'm due for it. And i want to lose all my stomach fat but its like it just won't go away and i run tons and exercise and eat healthy (I would do this even if i didn't need to lose weight cuz i love working out and eating healthy but it's still frustrating that i have so much tummy fat) ugh its so frustrating can you help? just answering this would be helpful thanks a million

Hey girl, I know it can be frustrating, but it sounds like you are describing common symptoms of PMS. It's okay every once in a while to feel the need to cry it out a bit--it's completely normal! If you want to try to avoid your slump, I suggest marking when you get your period on a calendar. That way, you'll know when to expect those mood swings next month. Plan a fun girls' night with your besties or rent a new movie that just came out on DVD. Find something that you enjoy to lift your spirits. Keep your head held high and you'll be out of your funk soon enough!

As far as stomach fat goes, it can be due a lot to genetics. It sounds like you already exercise a lot and eat well, so maybe you could just revamp your current lifestyle to see if that has an effect at all. Try high intensity interval training--instead of jogging a couple of miles at a leisurely pace, combine sprints with jogs. It will pump up your heart rate and help burn fat. You could also try weight-lifting to build more muscle. Food-wise, try to clean up your diet as much as possible. Eat plenty of veggies and lots of water. Good sources of fat (like nuts, avocados, natural peanut butter) can also help. Don't forget to nourish your body! You are still growing so eat plenty of whole foods that are good for ya!

Colleen K.

by born2ride on 4/16/2012 9:39:30 AM

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ Officer positions are open and the application is posted, hurry up, I'll be distributing the positions once I get 5 applications Laughing

by kayla9 on 4/13/2012 7:54:31 PM

I think every kid should read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, at the very least.

by otter77 on 4/13/2012 7:17:42 PM

Interesting! I have a bunch of books to donate!

by ColleenMonster on 4/13/2012 7:11:12 PM

My friends and I are doing this and I'm so glad to see Girlslife promoting it!!

by Varchang on 4/13/2012 6:34:52 PM

@Sarah510: You actually owned 2 million books?!

by kayla9 on 4/13/2012 5:30:06 PM

I think everyone should read The Name of the Wind trilogy by Patrick Rothfuss. It's really entertaining and goes past over-used fantasy creatures like vampires and werewolves.

by spazzygirI on 4/13/2012 3:12:07 PM

Whoops, wrong article... I meant the GL style superstar one...

by xXMissBehavedXx on 4/13/2012 1:01:07 PM

I bet that so much more people (like me) would do this if you didn't have to post it on YouTube....

by xXMissBehavedXx on 4/13/2012 1:00:23 PM

Um... okay, I've already donated about 2,000,000 books to my school book donation - I have to donate more? I'm sorry, but NO way - I'm not being selfish - I've already donated 2,000,000 ( two million books) I think I've done my part.

by Sarah510 on 4/13/2012 6:45:23 AM

Very cool!

by Rgirl12 on 4/12/2012 10:38:40 PM

This is a really good idea! I would not be able to live without a good book... Smile

Hey girlies! Need advice on anything (and I mean ANYTHING)? Just join my Advice Queen page! I'm on everyday and will answer any question ASAP. Hope you join! Smile

by future_artist on 4/12/2012 9:00:39 PM

MOD
hey i have asked both of these questions before but i havent gotten an anwer so here goes... Smile
1. so all of my body is really small except for my upper thighs. Im a cheerleader so this can really hurt me sometimes in mys sport! do you know any certain foods that cause you to gain weight in this area? also any excersises for it?
2. so i have this friend who is REALLY shy and quiet. im kind of her only friend (i dont mean that in a bad way) but I have a lot of other friends I want to hang out with but she is always following me around. Its not that I dont want her to be my friend, I just want some space!
Thanks soo much! It'd really mean a lot if you helped me ! thanks girl!

Hey girlie,

1. Check out these exercises for toned legs! Remember all girls are built differently and, for some, healthy muscular thighs are natural. In those cases, you can't do much about them but to keep them in shape and lean/toned!

2. Try asking her to hang out one-on-one (or even better, with one or two of your other friends!) so she gets time with you. Then, ask your other friends to hang out separately. That way, you each get time together and you don't feel like she's hovering all the time Smile Remember how she must feel at school or parties though, if you are her "only" friend - she'll want to be around you for support. If you want space to talk to someone else, say politely - "I'm gonna go over there to chat with ___ for a sec, I'll be right back!" Then go. Be independent and also considerate of her feelings!
Lauren C.

by pink and purple girl on 4/12/2012 7:28:18 PM

I might try it Smile

by hitthemall#1 on 4/12/2012 5:39:09 PM

i might do it too....but idk if i could give away my FAVORITE book....

by Alykat18 on 4/12/2012 5:35:33 PM

who was that lady i have never heard if her!!! i did this last year

by Payton K on 4/12/2012 5:25:26 PM

This is a great idea! Plus, I love to read! Smile

by future_artist on 4/12/2012 4:34:38 PM

I think every kids should read The Hunger Games! It's such a great book and series.

by supersingershannon on 4/12/2012 4:04:45 PM

I'm with @unicornninja. I might do this...!
***--->Hey peeps! You know what? 1D ROCKS!! If you agree, come join my club ♥One Direction♥! We talk about those hotties all the time, so people with One Direction Infection should TOTALLY join! Hope to see ya there!<---*** alicia m.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/12/2012 2:10:49 PM