11 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

14 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

15 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

The truth about big-name diets

How they work and whether or not you should try one.

the title made it seem like these diet were a hazard to your health i was sorta scared cuz my mom is doing weight watchers

by Payton K on 4/12/2012 5:33:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODM OD MOD MOD MOD
I just wanted to say thanks to GL. I won the revenge is mushroom tee from last friday and I recieved it today! Talk about speedy! Thanks

Woooot! Congrats girl, enjoy your prize! Smile
Lauren C.

by txtingirl on 4/12/2012 5:09:27 PM

I don't know if teens need to take diets. You can eat healthy and exercise without a diet. Smile

by future_artist on 4/12/2012 4:42:31 PM

Also, the statement 'eat smaller portions' depending on the person, is not always the best advice. I DO agree though, that we should eat more veggies! In fact, half of your meal (I'm pretty sureSmile ) should be fruits and vegetables!

by cait1998 on 4/12/2012 4:09:28 PM

I understand that teens shouldn't really use Weight Watchers but the article kinda made it sound like it was a fake diet. I have known many people on this diet (all for health reasons) and it has helped them greatly. It doesn't keep you from eating AS MUCH as you want, it just keeps you eating healthier foods. Also, depending on what you're acually eating, you may be able to eat A BUNCH of it. It's not starving yourself or keeping you from your favorite foods, it just keeps you aware of healthy portions, even for sweets. It's a lot of work and isn't designed for teens, but is acually a much healthier way of eating. Also, each person's account is different. It's NOT one-size-fits-all. i understand thet teens should not be going on this diet, but I wish the author of this article was better researched. THIS IS NOT A BAD DIET, it's just not for younger people.

by cait1998 on 4/12/2012 4:04:39 PM

MOD
i am really healthy (i exercise at least 4 times a week, eat health foods, and get the nutrients i need). I am still overweight though! Does this have to do with slow metabolism? How can I speed it up?

Hey girlie,

Nutritionists say that it's GREAT for your metabolism to eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 2 or 3 big meals. This keeps your metabolism working throughout the day, which steadily burns more calories. So try putting together healthy, well-rounded "snack" meals instead and see if that works! Some foods are said to speed the metabolism too, like cinnamon, spicy foods/condiments, broccoli, oatmeal, soups, green tea, and citrus fruits (orange, lemon, grapefruit, etc.) Also remember to drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and avoid any junk/fast/processed foods whenever possible Smile
Lauren C.

by colorqueen101 on 4/12/2012 3:23:44 PM

This is like sooo true. That's what I'm doing now and I'm starting to feel better already!

***--->Hey peeps! You know what? 1D ROCKS!! If you agree, come join my club ♥One Direction♥! We talk about those hotties all the time, so people with One Direction Infection should TOTALLY join! Hope to see ya there!<---***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/12/2012 2:18:13 PM

A diet I must say most teens don't need this... women these days have gone through about 2 diets a year starting when they are in there teens. eating right-good diets-not good!

by lilypod14 on 4/12/2012 1:16:35 PM

I'm 15 and my height is 5'4. I've been that height for kind of a while now. Do you think shoot up a couple inches or do think I'm not gonna grow anymore?

Hey Girl,

Good news: it differs from person to person but your body can grow until you're in your mid-twenties!
alicia m.

by kikidee12 on 4/12/2012 12:55:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I just realized something. My sub-concious doesn't let me eat in front of my new boyfriend. I am totally comfortable around him, and I don't feel like I am fat. I am actually on the border of underweight and average (based on my BMI). When I am with him, I am just not hungry. It is the weirdest thing. I was at his house last night, and I had two small tacos, but even his 7 year old sister ate more than me. Like at school lunch, I eat an apple. I've never had this before. What does it mean?? Thank you!!

Hey Chica,

It's totally normal to be a little uncomfortable around your new boyfriend when it comes to eating. It'll go away after a while! Just make sure that you still get enough nutrients on the days that you see him. If you're not hungry while being at his house, make sure to grab a snack before going to bed! If you're joining him for lunch at school (and only eat an apple), please eat when you get home! Don't over-think it and just try to be yourself around him - food usually tastes much better when you can share it with the BF Smile
alicia m.