7 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

8 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

10 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

The truth about big-name diets

How they work and whether or not you should try one.

Hey Girlies,

People think that you need to totally cut carbs out of your diet to be healthy. I am here to tell you that does not help. First of all there are very few foods that have no carbs. Meats, water, lettuce and most diet beverages have no carbs, but totally avoiding carbs is impossible unless you only eat or drink these items. Let's set one thing straight about Carbohydrates, a carbohydrate is a unit of energy. Sure there are foods that have a lot of carbs, which you should only eat once in a while. Over all you need carbs to survive. But next time, if you have a choice between deep dish pizza and thin crust, go for the thin crust, it'll be just as tasty as the deep dish, but it won't leave you feeling like a glutonus pig.

by Gizmo001155 on 7/7/2012 1:54:28 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative jewelry! Join my club DIY Green. We'd love to have you!

by kpianoplayer on 5/12/2012 1:07:58 PM

I have to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks to be able to fit into my dance dress. Is there any way to do it?

by bellababy4 on 5/9/2012 9:51:57 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm twelve years old and 5"1'(156cm). I'm about 122 pounds. (I didn't weigh myself yet because we did a huge run today so i'm not sure). I did a kids weight calculator online and it said i'm at risk of being overweight. Any tips?

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. Here's our fitness page with tips on how to get in shape : http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by animallover126 on 5/4/2012 6:16:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i feel so fat, but im not obese but i am overweight. i need to lose weight, but its really hard for me. i tell myself not to eat the unhealthy foods, and next thing you know it i have a cookie in my hand. HELP.

Hey girl, I know it can be frustrating at times, but don't beat yourself up over it. The key is to live a balanced lifestyle. One cookie is totally fine for dessert, but a whole handful after lunch won't help. Try to eat three balanced meals with healthy snacks in between. Aim for lots of fruits and veggies all day long, some good sources of protein (think chicken, yogurt, light cheese), healthy fats (nuts, avocados, olive oil), and whole grains (oatmeal, whole wheat bread). Some simple changes will really make a difference. Try to avoid high-calorie drinks, like soda and juice, and drink flavored water or tea. If you find yourself reaching for sugary treats, have a piece of fruit instead or a piece of bread with chocolate peanut butter. Don't deprive yourself though--one dessert after dinner each night is totally fine! Just try to keep it reasonable; have a cookie, not a huge ice cream sundae loaded with unhealthy toppings.

Do you exercise at all? Start out slowly by doing 15 minutes each day this week and then add on five more minutes as the weeks progress. You'll find that you'll have so much more energy and will start to really feel great about yourself. Take a walk around your neighborhood after dinner or run up and down your stairs. Each little bit counts!

Remember to check with your parents and doctor first before making any serious changes, though!

Colleen K.

by wisherdreamer<3 on 4/30/2012 6:27:42 AM

MOD MOD
people in my 6th grade class always compare weights and one of my friend in like (edited by mod) and I am around that weight too. But all the boys started saying how that was fat and how they only weighed 80 lbs!
Ps. we are both a little above 5 feet.

Hey girlie,

That is NOT fat! Don't let the boys make you feel bad. The truth is, boys mature wayyyy later than girls, so they still have "kid" bodies. They're super super skinny, probably even a little scrawny. But the girls are going through puberty, growing up, changing, and basically filling out. You're getting curves like boobs and hips - and even though the boys are making fun of you now, in a couple years they won't be able to take their eyes off them. (Gross I know haha, but seriously - they're making fun of something that they'll love in a year!) Plus it's dangerous to compare yourself to other people because everyone's body is different and your "healthy weight" depends on lots of things like height, age, lifestyle, etc. If you're concerned about your weight, ask your doctor all the questions you have. But the thing is, you need to make sure you're treating your body well and being healthy. THAT is what matters - not the opinion of the people around you <3

by Glitterheart16 on 4/28/2012 11:31:20 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I am overweight an am trying to lose weight. The ting is though that I always eat fruit and never drink pop unless it's my birthday. I probably eat less than 2/3 as many fried foods as I did a year ago. But I am still 30 pounds overwieght. This really annoys me because the boys I like are really skinny. So are all the models in clothes mags. This has led me to believe the only way to be pretty is being skinny! I know this isn't true but it's really hard to accept myself as fat. Almost no clothes look good on me because if my weight! Anyway, I realy would appreciate it f you had some tips for unsporty girls like me to work out and lose lots of weight. Thanks!

Hey Beautiful!

Let me start of by saying that every girl is beautiful, regardless of her body size. I’m sure you are beautiful just the way you are. Still, if you are looking for weight loss tips, make sure you eat whenever your hungry. A lot of girls think if they don’t eat they will loose weight. This is not the case because it just leads to over eating later on. Try eating more healthier foods and eat whenever your hungry. Exercising is tough but the hardest part about it is getting up to do it. Start out small and work your way up. Try walking each day or maybe play WII exercise games and work your way up to running, jogging, etc. Any little bit helps, but remember, the best beauty secret is confidence! One of the first things a guy notices about a girl is her confidence. Love yourself and know that you are beautiful, no matter what the circumstances!

Lynae P.

by LilMissAmazing on 4/28/2012 7:01:35 PM

~MOD~I don't know how many fruit an veggie servings I should be having a day. I've read and it said that for my age and gender I should eat 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies daily. Is it okay if i eat 5 servings of fruit and 5 servings of veggies every day? Thank you! Smile

Hey girl! Eating five servings of fruits and five servings of veggies a day is awesome, just make sure that you are also hitting the other food groups! Your body is still growing so getting enough fruits and veggies is extremely important. Aim to get at least one serving of fruit or veggies with each meal and have something like an apple or carrots for a snack. For added nutrition, top plain yogurt with berries and almonds or add spinach to an egg omelet with a side of toast. Strive for balanced meals--a fruit/veggie, a whole grain, a good source of protein, and a healthy fat (nuts, avocados, olive oil). Keep up the good work with the healthy eating, sweetie!

Colleen K.

by HAZELELMDUST on 4/25/2012 9:48:50 AM

Want to be healthy but don't know how? Join the club How to get active for tips weekly on being healthy and share some of your own secrets!

by rainyseattlegirl on 4/24/2012 6:40:56 PM

mod mod mod mod
Heyy so I have a little bit of a problem): whenever I shave my armpits, no matter how many times in a row I do, I CAN ALWAYS SEE THE HAIR that I just shaved!? Also I know that I am shaving because I have tried so hard to not be able to see the hair that it ended up accidentally cutting my armpit instead. Are there any hair removal creams that you reccommend? Thank you!!!(;

Hey girl, everyone has this problem--you just might have darker hair. Because you are shaving, you are only cutting the tip of the hair and are not getting to the root of the hair follicle. I haven't had much luck with creams in the past, but you could try waxing. You can buy wax strips from the store or you could go to a salon and have them do it for you. Talk to your mom beforehand (she'll need to help you if you do the strips at home, anyway) to make sure that you aren't damaging your skin by over-shaving.

Colleen K.

by *kailey* on 4/16/2012 1:16:54 PM

* KATEY PERRY'S ON REPLAY SHES ON REPLAY DJ GOT THE FLOOR TO SHAKE THE FLOOR TO SHAKE PEOPLE GOING ALL THE WAY YEAH ALL THE WAY IM STILL WIDE AWAKE*
Recognize these lyrics from One Direction's UP ALL NIGHT? Then ur a directioner! Join my club We Love 1D!!!

by bandnerds41698 on 4/15/2012 10:14:48 PM

Hey, girls! Need advice now? I can help you with that! Post on my advice queens page and I'll help you with anything!

by Fly1213 on 4/15/2012 10:09:52 PM

Heyy so I have a little bit of a problem): whenever I shave my armpits, no matter how many times in a row I do, I CAN ALWAYS SEE THE HAIR that I just shaved!? Also I know that I am shaving because I have tried so hard to not be able to see the hair that it ended up accidentally cutting my armpit instead. Are there any hair removal creams that you reccommend? Smile thanks!

by *Kailey* on 4/15/2012 9:33:17 PM

When they stick to water and skim milk, u really shouldn't listen to the second part. Water is healthy and keeps u hydrated. Skim milk is basically milk substitute becuase it is milk watered down. Skim milk has 1/3 of the full nutritional value of 2% milk, which is the best kind for growing adolescents. COntrolling the amount of milk u have per day also helps. Even though its high in calcium its filling and therefore prevents u from being capable of getting all of the nutrition u need from a meal. Please consider these things if u are looking to start a "diet".

by HaloAngel99 on 4/15/2012 7:06:07 PM

Hey Girlies!!!
Please join my club '' The Guide to an Amazing You''. We trade tips about how to eat right, stay fit, get great exercise, and more!!! Join today!!!

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 12:22:46 PM

This article gives really good advice! thanks Smile A good tip to eating smaller portions is to eat of a smaller plate. You tend to load up on more food on a bigger plate because there is more room but on a smaller one, there's not as much space. Also, if you eat an apple or fruit or something about an hour before a meal, you feel less hungry during the meal and don't overeat. I'm trying to get fitter and healthier (mostly because it's almost summer but just for my own good too)

by cookiemonstah123 on 4/15/2012 11:51:48 AM

~ Lauren C.
Thanks SO much. You answer, like, ALL of my questions. Thanks!!!

Smile You're welcome, chica!!!! Glad to help!

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 11:43:16 AM

Tip : Don't spend more then a hour on the computer\ TV unless for schoolwork reasons.
Tip: Get at least an hour of excersise a day. ( I get about three hours!!!)
Tip: It's all what really counts. Think - '' Do I really need dressing on my salad?'' ''Do I need bacon on my hamburger?" '' Just because I'm out with my friends and family, do I need to get soda?'' Juice or water would be much easier.

It's little tips like that that count.

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 9:45:08 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
My BFF and I just discovered that we have the same doctor\ pediatrition. Our doctor just moved away so now we boh have to get new doctors. She is getting a really nice woman, when ( I'm a twin, and we have to have the same appointments) and our doctor is supposed to be nice, but my mom wants a man doctor!!! Um... I don't want a man doctor ''looking'' at my body or anything because that would just make me uncomfortable. I have tried telling her this many times but she just is like
''I don't know what the problem here is with you getting a man doctor.'' How do I convince her???

Hey girlie,

Try to explain it to her in a calm, mature way. Figure out why exactly you don't want a man doctor - because you feel safer with a woman if you have any "down there" questions or concerns, because your last doctor was a woman so you feel more comfortable with that, because having a guy "down there" doesn't feel right at your age even if he is a doctor, etc. Try to explain it clearly to her instead of just saying, "Because he's a MAN, mom." It'll help her feel what you're feeling, so she might come around. But sometimes it works out that the best doctor in your area IS a male doctor, which isn't a bad thing! This is their job and they've been trained for years - they see this every day and I promise you, they don't think about it in a sexual/uncomfortable way. It might take some adjusting, but just remind yourself of this - they are trained, this is their job, and there is NO disadvantage to having a man doctor instead of a woman. <3

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 9:40:08 AM

Here is a healthy tip here for EVERYONE!!! You SHOULD NOT worry about weight unless your doctor tells you you should be careful. I'm not saying don't eat good and don't excersise ; I'm saying ( this for everybody) don't step on the scale every day to weigh yourself and force yourself not to eat when you're hungry.

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 9:35:29 AM

Mod mod mod mod
Hey ): I have tried to lose weight by doing everything. Here's the thing. I'm busy ALL the time, I love food, and I have really bad confidence problems/ I'm crazy self conscious. I don't want to go anorexic either. But it seems like thats the only thing left to do )': please give me some advice on what to do. I really want to lose weight. I'm tired of being self conscience and fat.

Hey girlie,

Anorexia is NOT the answer here! You just need to make some small changes and ease into a healthier lifestyle. Think of how good you'll feel about yourself if you know you're taking care of your body, exercising, and eating right! Talk about busting bad self-esteem - and it's actually been scientifically proven that exercise can make you feel happier. Totally worth it! Take even 30 minutes out of your day to go for a brisk walk, bike ride, do a kickboxing DVD, play soccer with friends, etc. If you're too busy and feeling overwhelmed, think about cutting back on your responsibilities to make time for yourself. It's important that you treat yourself well and don't let your own health get lost in the mix! As for loving food, you shouldn't cut out all the treats from your diet - just limit how often you have them. Instead of eating 5 Oreos every night, save them for one or two nights a week and only eat 1 or 2. Skip the junk food and fast food - instead, have more fruits and veggies, fill up on tasty treats like yogurt and oatmeal... and you'll feel better!

by *kailey* on 4/14/2012 10:13:21 PM

Hey girls! Want to lose weight? Want to get fit and tone up? Well look no more! Join my new club called...get fit NOW! And we are all about getting fit And losing weight! So join today!

by bubbles3956 on 4/14/2012 10:07:18 PM

im 9 years old and im about (edited by mod) pounds is that average?

Hey girl,

If you have any questions about weight and what is "normal" for your age/height, you should chat with your doctor! Mods aren't qualified to judge if you're at a healthy weight, but your doctor is trained and can be trusted with that info! <3

by smileygirl555 on 4/14/2012 9:48:09 PM

Hey, I just want to say that all these girls on here trying to lose weight really should NOT even think about it unless your doctor tells you that you should lose weight. I personally have a lot of friends who have eating disorders and I've seen how ruining they can be in teenage girls' lives. Focus on being HEALTHY not SKINNY. Anyway, it just really upsets me when GL has articles about dieting and losing weight. Can you please work on less "losing weight" articles?

Hey babe,

Our articles aren't necessary directed at losing weight in that manner.  We focus more on maintaining a healthy body, and if being healthy requires you to lose weight, then we feature articles for that.

Thanks for the input! We'll definitely keep it in mind.

Jordan S.

by rosierose5 on 4/14/2012 3:06:37 PM

HEY mods sorry but i have another question! please answer QUICK!
ok so i starting a new weight loss plan to lose around 12 pounds. so i am doing 3/4 days of cardio and 2/3 days of strentgh with one rest day. so my question is that i want to use 3-4 pound weights to tone my arms on strenghth training days but i willl need some weights. my mom doesnt know that i am doing this whole fitness plan (she only knows that i wanna be healthy) so what do i say if i wanna buy these weights without her saying that i dont need to lose weight, blah blah, even though i am close to being very overweight according to my bmi.
PS. my mom is losing weight too because she is overweight so if that helps...PPS. sorry for being sooo long!
Thanks

Hey bubbles3956, just tell her it's apart of your being more healthy plan, because it is. Let her know the weights are helping you get in shape, and since she's trying to loose weight too, you guys could both use them. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by bubbles3956 on 4/14/2012 10:49:45 AM

I don't know how to keep up with stuff i have so much homework and chores that I it is hard to put in exerizing in my routine.What should I do?
P.S(I am eating portions and eating fruit and veggies but it is hard to get into exerizing.)

Hey girl,

It's always hard to find time to exercise, but it's so important for your health, so try to get in a habit of exercising regularly! If you're swamped after school, try going for a walk or jog in the morning before you leave. If you've got a break between an extracurricular and when you get home, even 30 minutes of cardio after school will do wonders for your health. Weekends are also a great time to exercise since you'll have more time and less homework, so find a time that works for you and stick with it! Exercise is much easier on a regular schedule, so if you build that habit now it will really help you in the long run.

Meghan D.

by kittycute67 on 4/13/2012 10:52:31 PM

Thanks Helen! I think i will try 3 pound weights because i already have 2 lb. weights and they aren't challenging me enough! again, thanks!

hey! you're welcome Smile

Helen S.

by bubbles3956 on 4/13/2012 8:45:38 PM

MODD!
i know i should not try to meet a deadline i just have a bad habit of putting things off if i dont set a date, so i didnt set an exact date. can you please answer my other questions about the weights and the rest day because i really need answers!

hey! 4 pound weights might be a little much, maybe 2 pounds each? As long as you stick to your exercise routine long term, you will definitely see results. good luck!

Helen S.

by bubbles3956 on 4/13/2012 8:35:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I need your help!
so starting this week i am trying to lose weight. I want to lose around 12 pounds by the end of summer. i am doing 3/4 days of cardio excerice (like running and biking) and 2/3 days of strenghth training (pushups and stuff) . so my questions are how much should my weights weigh? i was thinking about two 4 pound weights. or maybe a medicine ball. also do you think i will get results is i use this excerice plan, a healthy diet, and allow one day of rest? or do you think i will only tone up my legs and arms a little. also, if i allow myself one rest day a week will i still get good results? sorry its so long and thanks ahead of time!

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by bubbles3956 on 4/13/2012 8:26:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD (lauren C.)
Hey, so i'm rlly upset there was a lot of things to do today homework and stuff...and i feel like i'm gonna explode. Here's my problem i have a twin sis we're rly close we luv eachother i mean ive known her longer than ANYBODY in the world...anyways shes better than me at EVERYTHING... like on tests she has to do better than me even by just a point i feel like theres no excuse to not be better i mean were TWINS! she doesn't have to work out to be skinny...she sleeps early and wakes up early...and she sometimes puts me down like i get distracted easily and so she finishes her homework before me, also if i ask her a question she sometimes thinks i'm dumb i'm not dumb i have a 3.8 GPA (big surprise she has a 3.95)....this rlly gets to me...were supposed to be the same i mean WERE TWINS for crying out loud! also..like if she takes say a math test before me and gets an 18/20 if i get less i get upset its like my goal to get 18 not higher....plz help!

hey! Sorry, I'm not lauren, but I'll do my best to help ya Smile I know this is hard, being twins you guys get compared all the time, but you have GOT to stop comparing yourself to your sister. The more you distinguish yourself as an individual, the  less your happiness will depend on doing better than her. good luck!

Helen S.

by JudiCutie on 4/13/2012 7:45:24 PM

*Katey Perry's on replay she's on replay dj got the floor to shake the floor to shake people going all the way yeah all the way but I'm still wide awake* Recognize these lyrics from 1Direction's Up all Night? If so then ur a directioner! Join my club We <3 1D!!!

by bandnerds41698 on 4/13/2012 12:50:47 AM

Hey chicas!!!

Do you have a question about ur bod that you are too embarrased to ask? Post it on my profile! No question is too personal.

XOXO, Ava

by Pinklife on 4/12/2012 10:36:47 PM

~ Lauren C,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. The only problem now is that my dentist isnt open tomorrow so I'm probably going to have to go to a dentist I don't know or have never been to.

Hey girl,

You'll be ok! Even though you've never been to this new dentist, they've been working for years and they know what they're doing Smile You can trust them! And it's for the best because you need to get that tooth fixed!

by Sarah510 on 4/12/2012 9:23:41 PM

Mod:
Do you at GL have any special tips just for working out my love handles?? Thanks!!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article - absolutely love these tips to bust muffin tops/love handles!

by Sunny4132 on 4/12/2012 8:13:31 PM

M0D!!!
How can i get tan so my skin doesnt look so dead, and i dont want to be all streaky!!! Help please. Thanks!

The only safe way to get tan is to use a self-tanning lotion/foam/cream, or go to a salon for a spray tan. AVOID baking in the sun or using a tanning bed! Instead, check out this article for our best tips to getting a realistic, streak-free tan Smile

by Sunny4132 on 4/12/2012 8:05:44 PM

Mod mod mod what is the average weight for a 5'3 12 year old?

Hey girlie,

If you have any questions about weight and the "average" for your age/height, talk to your doctor! He/she is a professional and is the ONLY one qualified to tell you what you should weigh. (A health teacher or school nurse could also help!)

by furryfriend99 on 4/12/2012 7:52:36 PM

I have lost 20 pounds since the beginning of 2012 just being more aware of my calorie intake so this really does work!

by littleducksis on 4/12/2012 6:29:49 PM

Thanks!! Smile

by Sheyenne on 4/12/2012 6:20:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Okay, please answer this RIGHT AWAY IT IS A HUGE EMERGENCY!!!! Okay, so I was eathing ONE jelley bean and I cracked my tooth, like just a cenimeter less away from the middle of my tooth. Will I have to get surgery, or just get it fixed? I'm only 11!!! Please help, I'm really scared AND it REALLY hurts.

Hey girlie,

You won't need surgery, but you should DEFINITELY go to a dentist as soon as possible to make sure it doesn't crack further! Cracks make our teeth weaker and, if you let it go, it could cause major damage. So tell your parents and make an appointment ASAP! They'll probably use this "paste" to bond the tooth and seal the crack (and/or use a piece of artificial tooth to fill in any gaps)... I'm not a dentist, but a friend of mine chipped his tooth on a glass soda bottle and that's what they did for him! It was painless though and he was back to normal as soon as his appointment was over Smile

by Sarah510 on 4/12/2012 5:52:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
NOBODY IS ANSWERING THIS!!! Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while and we have only held hands a few times because they get so sweaty!!! I really want to hold his hand more. What can I do to reduce the sweatiness? Please answer and thanksSmile

Hey girlie,

You could use baby powder (a TINY bit) to cut down on sweat before you meet up with your BF, but honestly I would just wipe my hands discreetly on my jeans and then go for it. You might feel like your hand is sweating while you're holding hands, but he isn't noticing! Plus he probably wouldn't know if it was yours or his. Just take a deep breath, don't stress (stressing can cause sweating, ya know), and enjoy your time with your BF Smile If this REALLY makes you feel uncomfy, put your hand on his arm or put your arm around him instead!

by cheekymonkey1 on 4/12/2012 5:34:45 PM

the title made it seem like these diet were a hazard to your health i was sorta scared cuz my mom is doing weight watchers

by Payton K on 4/12/2012 5:33:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODM OD MOD MOD MOD
I just wanted to say thanks to GL. I won the revenge is mushroom tee from last friday and I recieved it today! Talk about speedy! Thanks

Woooot! Congrats girl, enjoy your prize! Smile

by txtingirl on 4/12/2012 5:09:27 PM

I don't know if teens need to take diets. You can eat healthy and exercise without a diet. Smile

by future_artist on 4/12/2012 4:42:31 PM

Also, the statement 'eat smaller portions' depending on the person, is not always the best advice. I DO agree though, that we should eat more veggies! In fact, half of your meal (I'm pretty sureSmile ) should be fruits and vegetables!

by cait1998 on 4/12/2012 4:09:28 PM

I understand that teens shouldn't really use Weight Watchers but the article kinda made it sound like it was a fake diet. I have known many people on this diet (all for health reasons) and it has helped them greatly. It doesn't keep you from eating AS MUCH as you want, it just keeps you eating healthier foods. Also, depending on what you're acually eating, you may be able to eat A BUNCH of it. It's not starving yourself or keeping you from your favorite foods, it just keeps you aware of healthy portions, even for sweets. It's a lot of work and isn't designed for teens, but is acually a much healthier way of eating. Also, each person's account is different. It's NOT one-size-fits-all. i understand thet teens should not be going on this diet, but I wish the author of this article was better researched. THIS IS NOT A BAD DIET, it's just not for younger people.

by cait1998 on 4/12/2012 4:04:39 PM

MOD
i am really healthy (i exercise at least 4 times a week, eat health foods, and get the nutrients i need). I am still overweight though! Does this have to do with slow metabolism? How can I speed it up?

Hey girlie,

Nutritionists say that it's GREAT for your metabolism to eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 2 or 3 big meals. This keeps your metabolism working throughout the day, which steadily burns more calories. So try putting together healthy, well-rounded "snack" meals instead and see if that works! Some foods are said to speed the metabolism too, like cinnamon, spicy foods/condiments, broccoli, oatmeal, soups, green tea, and citrus fruits (orange, lemon, grapefruit, etc.) Also remember to drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and avoid any junk/fast/processed foods whenever possible Smile

by colorqueen101 on 4/12/2012 3:23:44 PM

This is like sooo true. That's what I'm doing now and I'm starting to feel better already!

***--->Hey peeps! You know what? 1D ROCKS!! If you agree, come join my club ♥One Direction♥! We talk about those hotties all the time, so people with One Direction Infection should TOTALLY join! Hope to see ya there!<---***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/12/2012 2:18:13 PM

A diet I must say most teens don't need this... women these days have gone through about 2 diets a year starting when they are in there teens. eating right-good diets-not good!

by lilypod14 on 4/12/2012 1:16:35 PM

I'm 15 and my height is 5'4. I've been that height for kind of a while now. Do you think shoot up a couple inches or do think I'm not gonna grow anymore?

Hey Girl,

Good news: it differs from person to person but your body can grow until you're in your mid-twenties!
alicia m.

by kikidee12 on 4/12/2012 12:55:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I just realized something. My sub-concious doesn't let me eat in front of my new boyfriend. I am totally comfortable around him, and I don't feel like I am fat. I am actually on the border of underweight and average (based on my BMI). When I am with him, I am just not hungry. It is the weirdest thing. I was at his house last night, and I had two small tacos, but even his 7 year old sister ate more than me. Like at school lunch, I eat an apple. I've never had this before. What does it mean?? Thank you!!

Hey Chica,

It's totally normal to be a little uncomfortable around your new boyfriend when it comes to eating. It'll go away after a while! Just make sure that you still get enough nutrients on the days that you see him. If you're not hungry while being at his house, make sure to grab a snack before going to bed! If you're joining him for lunch at school (and only eat an apple), please eat when you get home! Don't over-think it and just try to be yourself around him - food usually tastes much better when you can share it with the BF Smile
alicia m.

by americangrl1998 on 4/12/2012 12:46:21 PM

Hey girlies!

OnE dIrEcTiOn InFeCtIoN!!!!!!!!!

If that caught your attention then you're a Directioner! Join my club One Direction Infection where we talk EVERYTHING 1D! And guess what? JOB POSITIONS ARE OPEN!!!!! So get to that club ASAP and fill out the Job Application I posted. Just hurry and SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by xXMissBehavedXx on 4/12/2012 12:02:50 PM

ok ive been doing something like this for atleast 3 months, and it works!! ive lost some weight, and have been feeling better. not onlty that, but due to me cutting back on the sweets, ive had less zits!!! i also excrsise anlong side this too. if you workout atleast for an hour a day, it also helps. it works!!! =-)

by Sam Cool1038 on 4/12/2012 11:48:16 AM