2 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

3 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

4 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

COMMENTS

10 tips for texting your crush

Amp up your text time with our no-fail flirt guide.

So my crush is in 8th grade and I'm in 7th. He is dating the new girl but before that he was dating her he put his number in my cell but it was not real. Do you think he was being a Jerk or flirting? He was also looking at me at lunch (when we had a mix it up lunch) and my best friend could see him and when we got called down to the main office we where walking back and he was saying why do I not hang out with Jim and his friends. J ask if his friends like me and he said yes I asked why because om kinds loser and he was busy saying like we should hang out but then he started going out with the new girl. Whay do uoh think??! Fliryy or friedly?!?! PLZ HELP!!¡!!!

Hey babe,

It's impossible to know for sure, but this sounds just friendly right now. He could have been breaking the ice because he wanted to flirt more, or he could've just wanted to branch out and be friendly with more people. Since he's with someone now, try getting to know him better as a friend! When he's single again, you'll be able to figure out if he does want to flirt with ya or if he just wants to be friends Smile
Lauren C.

by hello143 on 4/15/2012 9:47:40 AM

MOD!!!!!
I have a strange problem. I become super confident at times or I'm either not confident at all. I want to have enough confidence that's positive, but the last thing I want is to be over confident, ignorant, stuck up or snotty. How do I find a balance?

Hey girlie,

The best thing to do is remember that old advice: think before you act. Always be confident in yourself, but don't let the confidence give you a "buzz" that makes you forget what you're doing! Think about what you're going to say/do and consider what that will make you look like. What would someone who doesn't know you think about you? What does it reflect about your personality? Is it the best way to express yourself? You can totally be confident while also being smart with your words/actions. Over time, you'll get the balance down perfectly! Smile
Lauren C.

by Icecreamluver on 4/15/2012 12:19:45 AM

I love txting my bf and what goes on back and forth. Yes, it has gotten kind of routine and old so these are great suggestions. I will say that texting your bf is not the same as texting your crush because with your bf there should be more trust so you can kind of say and do different things. But I loved when things got flirty when I didnt have a bf and it was all texting to crushes or guys I liked.

by luckykel on 4/15/2012 12:15:18 AM

MOD MOD
I like this guy a lot, and he likes me too. Except I've heard from other people that he's not allowed to date yet. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Try talking to him more! Whether it's in person or online or through text or a combo of all 3, get to know him better as friends. That way, you can swap interests, flirt, and grow closer. Over time, if he does like you he'll open up about home, family, and their rules on dating (and whether he's allowed) Smile
Lauren C.

by PrincessLOL on 4/14/2012 11:21:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD i am not very good at speaking up in class. no matter what, my teachers ask me to read my papers out loud, but when i stumble on a word, it feels really embarrassing, especially in front of the class. is there any way i can somehow overcome my stuttering? i'd hate to continue looking stupid.

Hey girlie,

I loooove the advice in this article - read it over and keep that stuff in mind the next time you get up in front of the class! Smile You can do this!!

Lauren C.

by PuppyCT on 4/14/2012 10:01:22 PM

MODMODMODMOD Jordan s. Ok I will try but how can I start a convo with him to become better pals?

Find some common ground that you both share interest in.  A tv show, sports, a class that you both have, mutual friends, etc. Jordan S.

by Starfan1 on 4/14/2012 6:56:11 PM

MODMODMODMOD. Before I start I just wanna thank all the mods for such great advice all the time! Ok so here is my issue. I like a guy that I barely know personally but he's "popular" so a LOT of girls are constantly flirting with him in real life and all over his Facebook. I like him because he's funny and adorable lol. I wanna get to know him but it's really discouraging when a ton of gorgeous girls are always trying to date him. Is he even worth it? How do I come off as not some groupie girl?

Hey babe,

As long as you're not falling all over him, there's no reason he would consider you a "groupie girl."  In fact, your best bet for standing out amongst those girls is to be different, such as by not being a groupie girl.  There's no reason he wouldn't find you equally as pretty as those girls, so don't let yourself be intimidated by them.

Like I said, try to stand apart from them.  Tease him, get to know him in ways that they probably don't, actually take the time to befriend him and not just treat him as a "boyfriend potential" piece of meat, you know?
Jordan S.

by Starfan1 on 4/14/2012 6:37:55 PM

This was so helpful! It would take me forever to think of wat to say to my crush! Now I know

by Skippsy on 4/14/2012 5:54:05 PM

***MOD****
please help!
okay so last night i had a school dance... I really wanted to dance with this guy and people told me he liked me.. but he already was dancing with this other girl.. so for the first slow song, he was dancing with her.. then for the second slow song.. he tapped me on the shoulder in the most romantic way and he asked me to dance.. i said yes.! so we were dancing.. and then after the dance whatever.. i went home and we were texting...but everyone told me he still sorta likes that other girl but he also likes me... so how do i win him over her??

Hey babe,

Give him a reason to like you more! Show him how much of a great gal you are by continuing to get close with him.  He obviously is interested in you, so try to return the flirtation and hints to see where it goes from there.

But if he seems like he may be two-timing you, and it begins to hurt you, don't stand for it.  Make him choose.  But only if it gets to the point where it hurts you, or where he's trying to date you both.
Jordan S.

by Sing4life3 on 4/14/2012 5:30:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
I've known my crush for like 3 years because he went to my school but, he just graduated last year. The thing is when I text him he texts me back a couple times but, then he kinda just drops off without an explanation. I'm just confused and I don't know why he does it. Sometimes he answers back a few hours later but, most of the time he just stops. Also I usually have to start the conversation when we text and it's getting annoying. What should I do about all of this?

Hey girlie,

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but it sounds like he's not quite feeling it anymore.  Chances are that when he graduated, he moved on and met new people

There's still always the chance that he doesn't mean to ignore you.  I do that all the time where I put down my phone and completely forget to respond.

If you want to try and see what you can salvage, I'd plan some kind of way to hang out with him.
Jordan S.