15 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

16 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

17 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

Veg out! How to make the switch

Will going vegetarian work for you and your fam? Find out!

I've been veggie with no eggs (but I'm not vegan, I still drink milk) my whole life and if you know what they did to the animals, you'd wanna be one too. They drive bars through cow's heads at the most HUMANE factories. They make hens lay eggs nonstop and when they can't lay anymore, they kill them. It's sickening...

by topaz1116 on 9/8/2012 6:37:32 PM

I'm sort of a vegetarian to a point, I'm on my way to a full fledged one but my doctor wants it to be gradual since I'm in the middle of hardcore training. Always talk to your doctor about it. I passed out in a middle of a spar because I hadn't been consuming enough protein and my muscles just didn't want to work.Right now its fish and veggies( yes I know fish is meat chill, I'm working on it.
I'm not becoming one for moral reasons(though it does help, make me want meat less when I know the animal had to go through for me to eat it) but because my bff discovered she had a protein disorder that makes it hard for her to consume meat. This helped my parents get on board. Also, ya'll some states offer scholarships for vegetarians. Whatever your reasons, talk to your doctors, take vitamin, and make healthy choices( whether you're a meat-eater or not)

by GoGreenGoPeace on 4/28/2012 9:09:56 PM

I've been vegan for my entire lifeSmile. Those of you who are worried about becoming vegetarian because you love meat so much: there are vegan versions of every type of animal product under the sun that I'm sure taste pretty much the same! But I wouldn't know because I've never had meatSmile. But it must be closeSmile

by phoebeanne on 4/27/2012 4:28:03 PM

I've been vegetarian almost a year. I urge others to learn more about where meat comes from, factory farming, and the benefits of a veggie diet (environmental, health-wise, and for the animals). "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer is a great book that's honest and doesn't really guilt trip. I would never go back on my decision to cut meat out of my diet.

by The_Lorax on 4/19/2012 11:02:14 PM

I have been vegan for about a month now. My mom was watching Dr. Oz one day a he was talking about soy. He said that soy could lead to breast cancer. I am really scared because I have been eating quite a bit of soy ever since I started being vegan (soy milk, soy cheese, smartdogs, smart bacon, etc.) Is it really true that soy can lead to breast cancer?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article from breastcancer.org about soy and the link to breast cancer. I know there are a lot of scientific terms and confusing conclusions, but basically it's saying - soy in moderate amounts can be healthy and can actually help you defend against lots of illnesses, but it's not proven. Just like what Dr. Oz said isn't proven. Unfortunately, we just don't know for sure. The best thing to do is, as the article says, eat a moderate amount of soy each day and ask a doctor/nutritionist if you aren't sure you're eating a healthy amount! <3

Lauren C.

by lilmbram on 4/19/2012 10:18:50 PM

I have been a vegetarian for a little while and my parents are still worried about my diet. Any tips?

by nycdreamer12 on 4/19/2012 8:51:09 PM

PLEASE READ! I AM A VEGETARIAN, AND THIS IS A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!
FISH IS A MEAT! IF YOU ARE A VEGGIE, YOU DON'T EAT MEAT.
VEGGIES DON'T EAT "ANYTHING OF THE FLESH."

by Danerka on 4/19/2012 7:08:41 PM

Mod! Thanks so much for answering my questions it helped a lot Smile

<333 Smile Anytime! We're always here to help!
Lauren C.

by eco_chica on 4/19/2012 6:29:26 PM

I'm not a vegetarian, but I've been semi-vegatarian (that means I eat poultry and seafood but you don't eat any other meet) since last winter. If it's your first time going vegetarian, that might be a good place to start, expecially since it's a lot easier to stick to. Now a days I think my friends are crazy for eating beef!

by pauline07 on 4/19/2012 6:14:27 PM

I was a vegetarian for my third and fourth grade year, and then I quit, but I might just start up again! Smile

by foxface911 on 4/19/2012 11:06:00 AM