AN HOUR AGO Stahppp! How cute is this little babe's costume!? http://t.co/B0hgb0Q0pv

2 HOURS AGO Oh snap ladies—looks like @tylergposey is siiiingle: http://t.co/t3zOkLpNYY

3 HOURS AGO The best ways to wear your beanie: http://t.co/yWZ9BxGmLW

COMMENTS

Veg out! How to make the switch

Will going vegetarian work for you and your fam? Find out!

I've been veggie with no eggs (but I'm not vegan, I still drink milk) my whole life and if you know what they did to the animals, you'd wanna be one too. They drive bars through cow's heads at the most HUMANE factories. They make hens lay eggs nonstop and when they can't lay anymore, they kill them. It's sickening...

by topaz1116 on 9/8/2012 6:37:32 PM

I'm sort of a vegetarian to a point, I'm on my way to a full fledged one but my doctor wants it to be gradual since I'm in the middle of hardcore training. Always talk to your doctor about it. I passed out in a middle of a spar because I hadn't been consuming enough protein and my muscles just didn't want to work.Right now its fish and veggies( yes I know fish is meat chill, I'm working on it.
I'm not becoming one for moral reasons(though it does help, make me want meat less when I know the animal had to go through for me to eat it) but because my bff discovered she had a protein disorder that makes it hard for her to consume meat. This helped my parents get on board. Also, ya'll some states offer scholarships for vegetarians. Whatever your reasons, talk to your doctors, take vitamin, and make healthy choices( whether you're a meat-eater or not)

by GoGreenGoPeace on 4/28/2012 9:09:56 PM

I've been vegan for my entire lifeSmile. Those of you who are worried about becoming vegetarian because you love meat so much: there are vegan versions of every type of animal product under the sun that I'm sure taste pretty much the same! But I wouldn't know because I've never had meatSmile. But it must be closeSmile

by phoebeanne on 4/27/2012 4:28:03 PM

I've been vegetarian almost a year. I urge others to learn more about where meat comes from, factory farming, and the benefits of a veggie diet (environmental, health-wise, and for the animals). "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer is a great book that's honest and doesn't really guilt trip. I would never go back on my decision to cut meat out of my diet.

by The_Lorax on 4/19/2012 11:02:14 PM

I have been vegan for about a month now. My mom was watching Dr. Oz one day a he was talking about soy. He said that soy could lead to breast cancer. I am really scared because I have been eating quite a bit of soy ever since I started being vegan (soy milk, soy cheese, smartdogs, smart bacon, etc.) Is it really true that soy can lead to breast cancer?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article from breastcancer.org about soy and the link to breast cancer. I know there are a lot of scientific terms and confusing conclusions, but basically it's saying - soy in moderate amounts can be healthy and can actually help you defend against lots of illnesses, but it's not proven. Just like what Dr. Oz said isn't proven. Unfortunately, we just don't know for sure. The best thing to do is, as the article says, eat a moderate amount of soy each day and ask a doctor/nutritionist if you aren't sure you're eating a healthy amount! <3

Lauren C.

by lilmbram on 4/19/2012 10:18:50 PM

I have been a vegetarian for a little while and my parents are still worried about my diet. Any tips?

by nycdreamer12 on 4/19/2012 8:51:09 PM

PLEASE READ! I AM A VEGETARIAN, AND THIS IS A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!
FISH IS A MEAT! IF YOU ARE A VEGGIE, YOU DON'T EAT MEAT.
VEGGIES DON'T EAT "ANYTHING OF THE FLESH."

by Danerka on 4/19/2012 7:08:41 PM

Mod! Thanks so much for answering my questions it helped a lot Smile

<333 Smile Anytime! We're always here to help!
Lauren C.

by eco_chica on 4/19/2012 6:29:26 PM

I'm not a vegetarian, but I've been semi-vegatarian (that means I eat poultry and seafood but you don't eat any other meet) since last winter. If it's your first time going vegetarian, that might be a good place to start, expecially since it's a lot easier to stick to. Now a days I think my friends are crazy for eating beef!

by pauline07 on 4/19/2012 6:14:27 PM

I was a vegetarian for my third and fourth grade year, and then I quit, but I might just start up again! Smile

by foxface911 on 4/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

I've tried, but I love meat so much!! And besides, God put animals on Earth for a reason. To provide meat. I still love animals, though!

***--->Hey peeps! You know what? 1D ROCKS!! If you agree, come join my club One Direction! We talk about those hotties all the time, so people with One Direction Infection should TOTALLY join! Hope to see ya there!<---***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/18/2012 11:28:05 PM

Mod mod mod my comment hasn't shown up yet and I posted it like 3 hours ago.

Hey Girl,

Please allow some time for us to approve comments! Thanks Smile
alicia m.

by eco_chica on 4/18/2012 10:30:44 PM

Trying this again!!!

by krazykotabug on 4/18/2012 10:26:47 PM

Hey Girls! Join my club; WRITING, My Love <3
This club is for those girls who have a deep passion for the art of Writing. <3

by krazykotabug on 4/18/2012 10:26:19 PM

im a vegetarian Smile

by lindseyd9 on 4/18/2012 9:35:15 PM

How else do you fet protein if you don't eat meat???

by Sarah510 on 4/18/2012 8:17:54 PM

I've been a vegetarian for over a year and still going strong. Make sure you keep the right proteins and nutrients in your diet. That's really important.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 4/18/2012 8:16:51 PM

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years and when people ask why, I tell them I don't like eating flesh cause its true.

by BookWorm=) on 4/18/2012 8:06:45 PM

Mod mod mod! I have 2 questions. 1. Often after I go running, I get rashes all over my body. I have asthma and seasonal allergies so that might have something to do with it. What could be causing my rashes? 2. I'm 15 and I haven't had my period yet. I'm a B-cup bra size and I've had discharge for like 2 years. Is this normal? Thanks so much!!!!

Hey girlie,

1. These blotches could be caused by dry skin or a condition called rosaczea, which makes skin look red/blotchy when you exercise (and cause your blood vessels to dilate). It's not dangerous but, to reduce redness, try working out in cool areas and drinking LOTS of water to stay hydrated.

2. It is totally normal! Girls get their first periods at all different ages, so it's no reason to worry! Your doctor can't predict exactly when it will come but, if you have questions about it at your next check-up, don't feel awkward bringing it up! Since he/she is a professional, she can make sure you're progressing through puberty normally and can make you feel confident that you're totally healthy Smile

Lauren C.

by eco_chica on 4/18/2012 7:57:18 PM

My dad grew up in a culture where meat was one of the only things they really had available to them (he grew up very poor) and still continues eating a lot of meat today so I was raised on a lot of meat. My mom could easily be a vegatarian, she rarely eats meat. Being a vegatarian depends a lot on what you believe in and your will power.

by rainyseattlegirl on 4/18/2012 7:49:05 PM

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years, and a vegan for a year, and I will never go back to eating meat again. Smile

by jackieluvz on 4/18/2012 6:06:41 PM

I NEED meat!!!! lol

by Sheyenne on 4/18/2012 5:55:37 PM

lol,I could never become a vegetarian i love fried chicken wayyyyyyy too much! <3

by Icecreamluver on 4/18/2012 5:45:22 PM

MOD MOD hi i was wondering, what are some safe ways to whiten my teeth at home? thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

Check this article out about teeth whitening! There are ways you can prevent further stains (brushing regularly, using a "whitening" toothpaste with baking soda in it, avoiding stain-causing foods like coffee, etc.), but any teeth whitening should be done with the supervision of a dentist!

Lauren C.

by j4zm09 on 4/18/2012 5:01:20 PM

I'm not thinking about becoming a vegetarian because I already am one :p. I've been a vegetarian for a little over 2 years because I love animals. If anyone else is considering it and has any questions, they can leave a question on my profile and I'll be happy to answer it.

by supersingershannon on 4/18/2012 4:52:45 PM

I don't think I could become a vegetarion. 2 things would throw me off: bacon and steak Smile haha

by OrangeAvacado101 on 4/18/2012 4:38:49 PM

Hey girls guess what!! I just started a new club called Let's Get Active! It is all about having a group of online workout buddies cheering you on and motivating you to achieve your fitness goals!! Plus advice when you need it! Come and check it out! ♥honeycakes

by honeycakes on 4/18/2012 4:04:56 PM

hey girls please join my club friends all around we have a ton of fun talking about hobbies we give daily tips on fashion and heath and fitness the officers would also love to give you answers for any questions you have!!!

by Esparkle on 4/18/2012 3:57:20 PM

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years,and it's really not that hard except reading the ingredients on everything.I never even talked to my family about it,I just stopped eating meat because I love animals.Good luck to anyone who's becoming a vegetarian or veganSmile

by cecj242 on 4/18/2012 2:35:01 PM

I would never be able to be a vegetarian. I can't live without steak, bacon, ribs, sausage, pork... The list goes on.

by Foodiejr99 on 4/18/2012 8:26:44 AM

hey everyone! Please join my clubs, soccer is life and cancer cuties. Soccer is life is about soccer and cancer cuties is just a place for girls with the star sign cancer to talk about whatever, cuz i noticed other clubs like that, but none for cancer. Thx.

by kewauneegal on 4/18/2012 7:51:58 AM

yes!!! thank you guys ive been thinking about being a vegan just earlier =-D love you guys youre so helpful!!!!!!

by jojo79556 on 4/18/2012 1:48:12 AM