COMMENTS

4 things you can do right this second to get set for finals

Sure, finals might not be for a few weeks (or months!) yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start gearin’ up for an A now…

Modmodmodmod
Is there a term for a person who chooses the clothes for the photo shoots in magazines? And how would I become one if I chose to become one in the future?

Hey girlie,

You bet there is! It might vary depending on what magazine you work for, but generally that would be what a "stylist" does. To get experience, you should study a creative subject (some sort of design, textiles/fashion design, fashion merchandising, etc.) and definitely apply for internships in the fashion industry when you're old enough. You could work for a magazine, a fashion company, a photographer or even a store. Whatever you choose, it'll give you great experience!
Lauren C.

by awesomegrl on 7/5/2012 10:44:58 PM

So recently I've been thinking about persuing a career in fashion. I'm going into 9th grade, so a bunch of new electives open up for me. But the thing is, I don't want to be a designer, because in my opinion, im not very good at art. What are some other careers in fashion that aren't a designer or a model and what would be some good classes to take?
Thanks a bunch!

Hey girl!  Working at a magazine is a great way to get involved in fashion and there are lots of journalism classes for that!  If you want to see if you can improve your art skills and give designing a try, art classes in high school can help you do that.  There may not be classes for you to take just yet, but careers in publicity (getting news about clothes out to people who want to buy them) and advertising (like commercials and spreads in magazines) are also cool ways to work in fashion.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Awesomegrl on 7/2/2012 10:33:50 PM

My dad has been reminding me to go over math facts throughout the summer i realize that keeping up with your grade over the summer is important but he's really starting to get on my nerves. And we always end up arguing about it ! HELP ME!

hey! Maybe if he just sees you going over them every once in a while, or you set aside some time to do it, and tell him you're going to keep up with it at a certain time each week he won't keep pestering you. good luck!

Helen S.

by snagmonkey on 6/30/2012 2:01:27 PM

I just graduated from sixth grade so now I have to choose a high school/middle school to go to next year. Where I live I have two choices. One has this wilderness program that my parents are really excited about, but it has no art programs and art is my passion. The other school has art programs and all my friends are going to it but it would mean missing the once in a lifetime opportunity at the other school. What do I do?

hey! I think you should follow your heart and choose what you're interested in. The wilderness program sounds cool, but you should cultivate the things that engage you, and if that means art then I think you should go for it. good luck!

Helen S.

by Artgirl008 on 6/25/2012 6:34:53 PM

My finals are in 2 weeks and all my friends and classmates are totally putting it off, but I am not! I've already gotten 3 folders for each subject and I am filling it with tons of helpful notes, worksheets and tests ordered in units and I am adding even more sheets I found online. I also made flashcards for important science and english vocabulary and I typed all powerpoints we used for science. My weakness is math, so I am doing mental math and little practice tests every day and focusing on one lesson to practice at a time. Our exam is worth 30% of our overall mark and I need every single percentage to boost my grade!!

by lemontwist213 on 6/3/2012 5:07:24 PM

Finals? Piece of cake... Wait until you take an AP test...

by smileysevvie on 4/19/2012 8:42:17 PM

MOD Ok, so a few weeks ago i had my bday party and i invited my bff and 6 other of my good friends. I had really bad drama with one of bffs, Alethea. (we aren't friends anymore.) But, my True bff Abbie, ever since my bday she hasn't hardly talked to me. I say hi but she just looks at me. When I sit at her table she moves with her other friends. But before my bday I used to mostly hang out with Alethea and hardly talked to Abbie, I think those where major reasons why she hasn't talked to me. I am crushed, everyday I see her I cry because I feel alone without her and regret why I was friends with alethea when alethea was being two faced. I have plenty of friends but none of them had the bond me and Abbie had. please help! What should I do and Say? I miss Abbie so much I would give up anything for her to be my best friend agian. I have been not myself this week and everyone has noticed it in my class,friends, everyone because i've been quiet.Please help! What should I do and Say?

Hey girlie,

Talk to Abbie and tell her it's obvious she's mad at you, so you want to know what's wrong. If she answers you, try to work with her to figure this out. If she is giving you the silent treatment and not bothering to be honest, try to move on. I know it's tough, but if Abbie is mad at you because you're friends with other people, she is NOT worth your time. No one can tell you who you can/can't be friends with! Not even a bestie. If she cared about you, she would support one of your healthy and happy friendships with someone else <3
Lauren C.

by cupcake544 on 4/19/2012 8:15:29 PM

i am going to do state testing..... i am preparing by like... well doing my homework.

by amileofroses on 4/19/2012 7:49:05 PM

Next year, Imma just get one giant notebook for each different subject. Cuz my school is strict and we need to take a lot of notes in each class, I keep running out of notebooks and forgetting to buy new ones, so I write on looseleaf and end up losing the looseleaf...I'm so disorganized Foot Gonna start over fresh for the 8th grade in September and I promise myself that I will do better.

by ekatia217 on 4/19/2012 6:25:16 PM

Come join the club Great Music with Variety. We talk music, music, and more music. Share your faves!

by cupcake53 on 4/19/2012 4:59:56 PM