7 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

10 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

11 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

4 things you can do right this second to get set for finals

Sure, finals might not be for a few weeks (or months!) yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start gearin’ up for an A now…

OMG thank you GL!!!

***--->Hey peeps! You know what? 1D ROCKS!! If you agree, come join my club ♥One Direction♥! We talk about those hotties all the time, so people with One Direction Infection should TOTALLY join! Hope to see ya there!<---***

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 4/18/2012 11:33:10 PM

MOD
My Spanish teacher whom we were close to and was one of my favorites passed away due to cancer last Saturday (the 7th) and saturday(the 14th) was her church memorial service. We were invited to go to her memorial service but I didn't go because it seemed like no one I knew was going and I couldn't deal with the truth and we were going to have a school memorial for her also. Now I regret not going and I feel guilty and its been haunting me for days that I didn't go. I'm thinking to myself, "How could I have been so selfish?" It's been on my mind all week and I just feel so sad. I want to cry but the tears won't come and it's an ongoing battle since no one else appears to have the same emotions as me and I feel like I shouldn't cry because she was my teacher,not a family member, then I feel bad for even thinking that. When we found out 2 months ago that she was dying of cancer I was sad and I cried but now its actually hitting me that she's gone. How can I overcome this?

Hey Girlie,

This is so very sad! Losing someone that you're close to is always painful. It doesn't have to be a family member for you to be upset and crying about your teacher is absolutely fine! But I think the most important part is that you don't have to feel guilty. Not at all! You are not a selfish person because you didn't go to her church memorial service. Everybody deals with loss and mourning differently! I think that your teacher sees how you feel about her and wherever she is now, she forgives you for not going to her funeral! Stop feeling guilty for any kind of thoughts you have! Stop comparing your emotions to the emotions of others! If you have to cry, then cry. If you don't feel like crying, that's okay also! It's so sad that she is gone but what you can do now to honor her is to think about her and always remember how much you liked her!
alicia m.

by Scorpio1027 on 4/18/2012 11:12:09 PM

Hey Girls! Join my club; WRITING, My Love <3
This club is for those girls who have a deep passion for the art of Writing. <3

by krazykotabug on 4/18/2012 10:22:26 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi im olivia. I have this guy who's sorta like my best guy friend
I really like him. I really wanna get to know him and eventually
Start to date. But the problem is, he's not the type of
Person that likes to have ACTUAL conversations with people.
When we talk, all we do is laugh and joke with each other.
I dont want to try to have a serious conversation with him
Because if he doesnt want to that'll be awkward and i dont wanna
End up ruining our friendship. Alot of people including some
Of his friends say he likes me. What do i do?!

Hi Olivia,

It sounds like the situation requires you to start a serious conversation because you like him too much to be only friends with him anyway! Why do you think one awkward situation would ruin your entire friendship? If it does, than he's not a good one, anyway! Sometimes you have to take risks to get what you want... Go for it, chica!
alicia m.

by olivia817 on 4/18/2012 10:17:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really need help! My best friend, who was practically my sister, punched me in the nose as a prank and my nose started bleeding. It's really black and blue, too. All I wanted was an "I'm sorry". She didn't say that to me once. All she did was laugh and say how that was "the best prank ever." I don't know what to do. Should I not be her friend? Should I give her her 40th second chance? I haven't been able to think straight all week. I'm so confused, I thought she was my sister for life. Please, please help me.

Hey Chica,

Don't let anybody treat you like that! She did something really bad and punching you in the face is simply unacceptable. The fact that she didn't apologize makes it even worse! You should confront her and find out if she really thinks that this was the "best prank ever," or if she only said it because she didn't know what else to say. Sometimes when people make mistakes, they can't admit them because that would make it real! If she handled it poorly but is sorry for hurting you now, then you can forgive her and be friends again. If she thinks it's totally cool that she punched you, then it's time to find new friends!
alicia m.

by squizzcute on 4/18/2012 9:39:41 PM

MOD i am having trouble in math right now but i am also a grade level higher in math (AKA 7th grader taking 8th grade math)i was doing ok before but now were are doing algebra and i am almost failing my teacher, my mom and dad, my bgf who is in the same class all try t help me but they confuse me even more my parents didnt let me do show choir because of my math grade (the rest are fine) send i dont have anything to distract me from constantly thinking about my grades i literally feel like i am drowning and cant surface i dont know what to do

Hey girlie,

Instead of getting help from all those people, try going regularly to ONE of them - your teacher! Go after class and confess to your teacher that you really feel overwhelmed with how much you don't know. Start slow and at the beginning - see if you could go a couple times a week after school so your teacher can help you. Or ask if your teacher could recommend a good tutor, who could walk you through the material. You're going to constantly think about your grades if they're not where you want them to be, so try to focus on the problem and tackle it with the help of one trusted person - that way, you don't confuse yourself with tons of advice! <3

Lauren C.

by Payton K on 4/18/2012 8:34:48 PM

MODMOD
Ok, there's a huge party that everyone got invited to...except me and my friends. My friends include the shy girl, and two nice and really funny but kinda crazy guys. We kind of keep to ourselves most of the time. And when I say everyone got invited, I mean everyone! All the kids in our entire class except us four. The girl and I have a friendly history, but I dont really see why she would single me and my friends out like that. It's kind of depressing, I feel like she hates me. I don't get it.
Please answer!

Hey girlie,

I doubt she hates you! She might have a reason for not including you guys, but no matter what it is - I wouldn't let it bother me. The truth is, you have three really great friends there with you. You said that you keep to yourselves anyway, so I wouldn't be insulted by this! On the night of the party, plan a fun night for you and your friends. The most important thing are the ones you really care about - not the classmates that disappointed you <3
Lauren C.

by Echosong on 4/18/2012 8:05:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD I am 15 years old, 5'4, and overweight. My goal weight is (edited by mod) pounds, but do you think this would still be too big?

Hey girl,

This isn't a question we can answer here at GL - the only person who can tell you if you're overweight or at a "healthy" weight is your doctor! If you have any questions about weight, dieting, or changing your exercise routine, chat with a professional like your doctor or a nutritionist. They can help you figure out how to do this and the healthiest goal weight to try for! Smile And as always, don't forget what the REAL goal should be - getting healthy and treating your body better <3

Lauren C.

by msindependent on 4/18/2012 7:58:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am 15 years old and overweight. I am 5'4 and i think my goal weight is 130 pounds, but do you think that would still be too big?

Hey Chica,

130 pounds is absolutely normal! You can calculate your BMI here: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/! Just be active, eat healthy and love yourself!
alicia m.

by msindependent on 4/18/2012 7:54:13 PM

We don't really have many finals in middle school...except for math. Which I don't have to take since i exceeded on our state test (:

by biffo on 4/18/2012 7:51:46 PM