AN HOUR AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

2 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

3 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

Back to nature workout

Get your blood pumpin’ with this element-inspired circuit…

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, I have really big thighs, and i would like some workout s that can help me shrink them. thanks.
Also, are there any ways to speed up your metabolism? thanks. xo

Hey girlie, try this workout for your thighs: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/13/Tone-up-with-this-30-minute-challenge.aspx. And for your metabolism, you can eat more smaller meals throughout the day, do some weight training to build more lean muscle, stay hydrated, eat spicy foods, and get enough protein.
Carrie R.

by mwbear24 on 8/14/2012 10:50:01 AM

Mod
How long should it take to see results if I do it five days a week? This workout is super fun, and I'm having a great time doing it!(:

Hey girl,

It varies with everybody! There's no set time period, but if you do it that often I'm sure you'll see results soon!
Kelly G.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 3:33:07 PM

MODMODMOD
How do you "add two minutes?" I wanna start this routine, and that part just kind of confused me...
Thanks!

Hey girl,

I think it just means adding more time to the total workout. So, for the second session, do the circuit for 12 minutes.
Kelly G.

by Graciegang on 6/6/2012 12:32:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so my summer swim team just started up and im super psyched b/c i used to swim year round so the swimming is no prob... but my coach makes us do 15 pushups a day and it will only get harder and I CANT DO A PUSHUP... how do i Quickly build arm muscle???
Thanks!

Hey babe,

You gotta' work up from the bottom!

Start off doing as many pushups as you can, even if it's a small number.  Do it once, rest, do it again, rest, and then do it once more.  Aim for this at least 3 times a week and you should be working up to those arm muscles that will be perfect for swim team this year.
Jordan S.

by mmo'g on 5/14/2012 7:26:44 PM

ModModMod whats a good work out to tone my thighs,abs and butt? Thanks!

Hey babe,

Check these out! They're my faves and will target all those areas!

Lauren C.

by pixiedust5 on 5/12/2012 10:58:03 PM

MOD MOD. I am not fat to say but I don't have a flat stomach either. I want to get a better body so I am going to do the workout program insanity this summer. I want a better looking body and I want to be in better shape. But I want to award myself after I finish the two month program. I've always loved belly button piercings on people with flat stomachs and I think that after this I will have one. Do you think I should get one. Is it considered inappropriate for a 16 year old to have one (my mom says it is ok to get one). Im want to show of my stomach with the a belly button ring but I am allergic to a few metal so im a little worried

Hey 14lowem, I think they’re really cute as long as the person with it carries themselves with class and don’t wear anything too revealing with it. If your mom is cool with, you should get it. Just be sure to tell the person doing your piercing, that you’re allergic to metal. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by 14lowem on 4/28/2012 3:30:45 PM

MODMODMOD
okay so my school has beach day and it's in like 3 weeks. I need a workout plan to help me get into shape so I can rock my bikini in front of the whole 8th grade. I'm not that out of shape but I definitely don't have abs you know? I also never know how many times a week to do a workout...so yeah. ThanksSmile

Hey chica,

Jordan S.

by Kathryn Cullen 1918 on 4/23/2012 4:45:20 PM

by Kathryn Cullen 1918 on 4/22/2012 8:25:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Its getting really close to bikini season and I'm not the skiniest but i'm a little over weight and I love my body I just really need some good execises to reduse the fat in my stomatche area. PLEASE HELP! thanks so much Laughing

Hey babe,

Try these out:

Jordan S.

by jollymoemoe on 4/21/2012 8:32:37 PM

MODMODMOD
How do u find out if u won the prom perfect viva la juicy contest (not the one for the january giveaway)

Hey girl,

I am not sure when the results will be posted but it should be sometime either this month or in May!

Meghan D.

by MooMoo1210 on 4/21/2012 12:48:05 PM

MOD MOD I'm fairly slim, but I really want to lose some weight in my stomach. I have really good ab muscles, but they are covered by a layer of fat and I don't know how to get rid of it. I have a problem staying away from chocolate, though, so I don't know what to do Frown Also, I have a little bit of fat on the inside of my thighs and i hate it a lot, but I do a ton of dance and run track and it doesn't go away.

Hey girl,

If you exercise and are building muscle and say you're slim, I wouldn't be worried -- everyone needs fat to live! Eating more fruits and veggies and saving the desserts as a treat will help. Try supplementing your dancing and track with leg workouts like presses or squats to help keep your thighs toned!

Meghan D.

by romanticbookworm13 on 4/21/2012 11:20:56 AM

Omg, that workout sounds like so much fun! I have to do it with my friends!

by ColosalMascara on 4/20/2012 5:16:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
OMG!!! (sorry) I'm going to see one direction in concert this december!!! I am horribly excited O_O I was just wondering: is there a certain ticket available for sale that lets you meet them? That would be my dream <3 Also, if I manage to meet them and give them letters, do you think they'll read them? Thanks!

Eeee, so exciting girlie!! Say hi to Louis for me... what a hunk Smile I know at smaller concerts, if you ask the merchandise guy, you can sometimes buy Meet and Greet tickets for after the show. These are usually extremely expensive and I'm not sure if they'd have them for a super famous band like One Direction, but you can give it a try! And I bet they would totally read your letter if you gave it to them in person! When they're on the bus to their next venue or have some downtime backstage, there's no reason they wouldn't open it and read Smile
Lauren C.

by kayla9 on 4/19/2012 11:16:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD does anyone no any good gl fitnes clubs? I wanna lose some weight for summer so any of ur ideas are helpful!

Hey girlie,

There are no clubs officially sponsored/promoted by GL.com, so check out our Clubs main page and surf around to find one that seems active and perf for you! Smile

Lauren C.

by sprinklz28 on 4/19/2012 10:52:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey,so i do a swim team every summer and this year i feel very self-concerned in a bathing suit. Ether it's too big or too small or don't look good in it i hate them.I always have thought i was fat ALWAYS ,but now it's hitting me that it might be true. ALL my friends have flat stomachs and thin legs and i have a Big tummy and fat thighs i feel like i'm not good enough. And can you also give me some workout tips and diet tips because i can never keep working out and can NEVER stay on a diet HELP ASAP

Hey girl,

The best thing to do is choose exercise that is FUN for you - swimming, playing soccer with friends, trying new kickboxing DVDs, riding your bike, brisk walks around the block, etc. That way, you look forward to doing it! But you have to make it a priority - you have to schedule time in your day EVERY day to get active. Some days you'll feel tired, some days you will be busy, but you have to do it! Same goes with eating well. Try to cut down on fried food, fast food, and sweets as much as you can. Don't deprive yourself when you have a craving but, instead of eating 5 cookies when you get the craving, eat one. It's all about portions! It's easier to stick to the plan when it's not an actual diet - instead, just keep your portions in check, try not to snack too much, and go with healthier options like yogurt or oatmeal instead of chocolate or bacon Smile
Lauren C.

by juliacar on 4/19/2012 9:42:19 PM

MOD! MOD!
I was wondering if you have any exercises/workouts that would tone upper thigh fat in particular? Thanks!

Of course! These are my faves:

Lauren C.

by sofiespi on 4/19/2012 9:18:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 4'11 and (edited by mod) pounds. Is that overweight? also I'm 14 years old. If it's overweight how can I lose weight?

Hey girlie,

If you have questions about a healthy weight for your height/age, you need to talk to your doctor! No one on GL.com is qualified to make those judgments for you - not the mods, no one in the clubs, etc. Talk to a professional like a doctor or nutritionist if you're concerned! <3
Lauren C.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 4/19/2012 8:42:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD! answer soon please!
ok so i THINK I got my period today! i first noticed it at around 1:00 this afternoon but i could tell it was from earlier that day, but now, almost 7:30, i havent noticed any more blood! was that even my period and if it is why am i not seeing any more blood? please answer soon!

Hey girl,

It could've been your period! Periods are known to be kinda irregular - and your first period can be REALLY irregular. But that's normal! Keep an eye on it and see what happens tomorrow, the next day, etc. Sometimes periods start off really light, then your flow will get heavier as time passes. Other times, you'll just have "spotting" - which is a little bit of blood and then nothing. I know it's frustrating, but try to stay calm and see what happens!
Lauren C.

by bubbles3956 on 4/19/2012 8:22:50 PM

Thank you so much Lauren!

You're welcome, love! Smile
Lauren C.

by physicschick on 4/19/2012 8:09:18 PM

Sounds cool

by unicornninja on 4/19/2012 8:03:44 PM

MODMODMOD!!!! I have been grouchier (then usual), then tired then really happy (like laughing like a crazy person) and then mad at people then being bossy but then going into 100% crush mode! Quite frankly, I feel awful being so emotionally unstable! Am I crazy or am I like going through PMS? But I mean i haven't had my period yet...Could this still happen? Could it be a sign? I am SUPER confused!!!!! Please help!

Hey girlie,

You most likely aren't crazy! During puberty, your hormones are always changing. That's why you feel like you're PMSing - and it's totally normal! It could be a sign that your first period is on the way, but it doesn't mean it is. Just try to be patient and deal with the mood swings the best you can. Take deep breaths and, if you're having a bad day, be honest before you blow up in someone's face. You feel confused, but we promise it's normal Smile And don't forget to get plenty of sleep at night - it can really help ya feel stronger when mood swings come along!
Lauren C.

by physicschick on 4/19/2012 7:43:20 PM

cool! sounds fun! Laughing

by future_artist on 4/19/2012 5:08:57 PM

The Agency
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness, or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff. Calling all Agents: Officer positions open!

by ostar21 on 4/19/2012 4:50:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I switched schools out of choice and I love my new school. But every time I see someone from my old school they literally interrogate me on why I switched. It gets really annoying and uncomfortable. Well I’m going to my best friend’s birthday party and all of her friends know me and went to my old school. Any idea what to say when they ask?

Hey girlie,

You don't owe them any answers! Just keep things light-hearted and give a vague reason like, "It was the best decision for me and my family. But it's so great to see you guys now!" and move on to another subject. Don't get frustrated and don't feel like you have to explain yourself. It's only their business if you want to talk about it <3
Lauren C.

by rainyseattlegirl on 4/19/2012 4:45:06 PM

awesome, sounds fun too Smile

by twilight*gurl on 4/19/2012 4:21:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD(: hi(: recently none of my mods have be responded so pleaseee respond<3(: thanks! so anyways.... do you think if i really set my mind to it I can loose 30 pounds this summer? thanks<3

Hey girl,

Of course you can, if you work hard, stay disciplined, and remember your goal! I think it's better not to put a number on it though - instead of saying "I won't be happy til I lose 30 pounds," say something like "I want to get healthy, make better choices with my food, and exercise every day." That way, it becomes a lifestyle change and your goal = treating your bod healthier! Smile It's not about the weight!

Lauren C.

by princesschick1999 on 4/19/2012 3:58:28 PM

Thanx SOOOO much, Alicia M.!

You're welcome Smile
alicia m.

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 4/19/2012 12:56:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
So I am trying to lose some weight, but NOTHING WORKS!! I workout inside and out, do just about anything possible, but it never works. what gives?

Hey Girl,

We've all been there, trust me! Everybody is different: some girls lose weight after days, others need a couple of weeks to achieve the same goal! Don't give up! Your body might work in waves, which means that it has to reach a tipping point first before you start dropping pounds. The good thing is, once you've reached that point, you should lose weight easily. Just stay active and eat healthy. Working out will ALWAYS lead to a change, whether it's building muscles or getting rid of fat! Keep going, chica!
alicia m.

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 4/19/2012 12:12:18 PM

OMG!!! Love this! Sooooooo gonna do this! Hey does anyone have any fun fitness clubs that I can join. I need to loose some weight so I figured I should turn to my girlies at GL! Thx!

by sprinklz28 on 4/19/2012 12:02:39 AM