2 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

5 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

6 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

10 ways to brighten your bud's day

Put a smile on anyone’s face with these easy ideas that don’t cost a thing…

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please help me! I have a friend that lives in a different state I met at a day camp two years ago. we've kept in touch since then using text, skype, and facebook... sometimes twitter. Nevertheless, she's coming in town tomorrow and wants to hangout with me and go have lunch. I have soo many questions. What do I wear?! What do I say if it gets awkwardly silent? How do I greet her when she comes? I'm so nervous. any tips? Thank you<3 You're the best!

Hey girl!  That's sooooo exciting!!  First off, wear something comfy that makes you feel good.  As for if it gets awkwardly silent, think back to stuff you talked about during your (many!) online convos.  You could ask about any trips she's taken this summer, her crush, or even things you'd like to know about her hometown/state.  When you see her, just be natural.  Smile big, and say "It's so great to see you!"  A hug would be totes fine, but if you're nervous I know that can sometimes feel awk.  Most of all, enjoy and have a fab time! Smile xoxo

Marie H.

by uh-mazing on 7/20/2012 6:36:36 PM

Mod! mod! Mod! mod!mod! mod! mod! mod!
I have a problem with one of my friends; I don't just like her that much anymore. And I am pretty sure she's mad at me now. I'm just kinda scared to face her when I get back to school. I'm pretty much a Diva, kinda. Me and her have about nothing that much in common and fights always break out between us. Also when I am hanging out with my friends, she ALWAYS( she lives across the street ) interrupts. She evens invites herself over just when my other friend asks me to play. Then my other friend doesn't want to play anymore. What should I do? Help me!
-SickOfHer

Hey cutie,

It might be time to have a little talk with her. Explain that the more you two hangout, the more you fight, and that it might be best if you two keep some distance for a while. If you don't want to confront her, slowly back away. Of course be super nice to her, but don't necessarily hang out with her if you feel that you two will start fighting again. Try hanging out with your other friends at their houses or at another location like a movie theater or mall.

Catherine C.

by starlight1 on 7/19/2012 4:11:11 PM

**MOD MOD MOD**
i feel horrible. me and my guy friend got in a fight and arent friends anymore. we were friends for almost 2 years and we still even remember the exact day we met which even makes it more special. we went out for a while too so its even harder to know that he isnt my friend anymore. he had been acting really weird with me for the past few months so a few weeks ago i told him how i felt about it and well he took it all the wrong way. he erased me from facebook and everything. i sent him a message yesterday to talk about it but it doesnt seem like he really want to fix things. what do i do ?!?! help.

Hey! Aw i'm sorry that's really hard! I'm sorry he's being this way, I wish he wouldn't take it so personally, but some guys just do i guess. The best you can do for now is give him some space and hope he comes around. so sorry girl!

Helen S.

by peace-love on 7/10/2012 7:59:22 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm such a tomboy, but my friends think I should become a little more girly. Should I think about it? Or should I stink to my tomboyish self?

Hey girl,

You should always be yourself, but if you want to try something "girly" with them, it doesn't mean you'll be girly forever! So experiment and see what you really like best Smile

Meghan D.

by Footballstar on 7/6/2012 10:39:42 PM

my BFF is moving to Arkansas in november and we live in a small town in NY in the big ole St. Lawrence county (the north country.) and im the only one who knows about it so i dont really know who to talk to about it. yeah i have other friends but not like her. i can talk to her about anything and she can talk aabout anything to me. we help each other through the thick and thin. and i feel like im going to lose apart of me she feels the same. we want to make the best of this summer cause we're not really going to have much longer what should we do for summer and how do we stay in contact with out losing our friendship.

Hey girlie!  Sorry about your friend moving away, good for you guys for making the most of the summer together!  Try doing things to keep connected like creating a journal you two send back and forth and making plans to visit whenever you can.  As for making the best of the summer, try planning things that you've always wanted to do together- amusement park trips, making a horror movie together, anything that can have lots of pictures and maybe a video for you guys to remember each other by.  xoxo

Kate G.

by jazmine ann on 7/3/2012 12:24:06 PM

Please help me! I have this friend (not really my friend) and she said she deleted our numbers. I told my friends what she had said. Then she called me a few days later saying that she never deleted our numbers. Now I'm scared my friends will think I was lying and be mad at me. What should I do? Thanks for reading my comment.

by Christ follower on 5/31/2012 8:36:38 PM

MOD MODE MOD
my BFF wants a guy that loves Harry potter wut should she do.
MOD MOD MODERATOR!!!

Hey girl,

She should try getting to know guys as friends first! Ask about their fave music, movies, etc. and share her own. But remember - liking someone and getting along is about WAY more than just one interest, even if that interest is huge like HP Smile If she commits to getting to know someone better, she might find tons of other ways they click!

Lauren C.

by crosbygal87 on 5/10/2012 4:54:27 PM

ok so this is great advice but my friend who i thought was really fun and a good friend, is now sceriously depresed!and i just want to make her day everyday so she can enjoy herself and relize im here for her :/
HELP!!!!

by megvip on 5/10/2012 2:48:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have friends that are fighting. One jokingly called the other a name over facebook, so lets call the friend who called the name x and the one who was called the name r. So now r got friends i am going to call d & e on her side and r, d and e are all being mean to x who now has a friend called s on her sid. Today s yelled at r in the hallway.Today x stayed home from school. We have a gidence counseler helping. So my question is, what can I do?

Hey girlie,

The best thing for YOU to do is not pick sides at all. Don't get involved in the fight, but let each friend know that you are not choosing one over the other - you support them both and love them both, and know they can work this out. Let the adult (guidance counselor, teacher, whoever) do their job. In the meantime, be there for both of them (even if you have to split your time and hang out with them separately) and try to get their minds off the crazy drama going on <3
Lauren C.

by naiko3638 on 5/3/2012 6:47:11 PM

modmodmodmodmod!!!
my best friend and i are thisclose even though we live in different states (because i moved away.), so i text her all the time. well i've been wanting her to ask out her crush (who she thinks likes her too). but recently, whenever i bring up the subject, she says she has to go or that if i say someting about that again shes not gonna reply. this annoys me cuz she is my best friend and we tell each other everything!! i have told her how i feel a billion times but she doesnt seem to care. she just doenst want to talk about it whatsoever. i asked her is he said no when she asked him out then she just didnt reply. got any ideas on how to get her to be herself and tell me?? thaanks!

Well I think this boy subject makes her super nervous. I know you want her to have her crush like her back, but you cant force these things. Just let her do her thing. Give her some space in that topic. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by LILMISSAMAZING on 5/2/2012 9:25:13 PM

The girl on the left looks like Carly Rae Jepson...

by Cartoon Kit-Kat on 4/26/2012 9:45:45 PM

my bff kept telling me today that she hated me and stuff because i have a boyfriend and me and him kissed the other day. she also said everyone except for me thinks she's the devil's spawn. the thing is she is mean to people, and not very understanding, whereas i actually listen to people and am nice to them. and she's all confused about if she likes this one guy on. like she led him on to thinking that she liked him but then broke his heart. now she fusses about not having a guy but she doesn't seem to realize she had a chance with the one guy. i'm starting to get really frustrated but i dont know what to do, any advice? thanks!

Hey girlie,

I think you should talk to her about it.  Let her know that you don't mean it in any rude way, and that you love her very much, but that this is the vibe that she gives off to people.  We need our best friends to tell us like it is when we want the truth, right?
Jordan S.

by pinkguitar98 on 4/23/2012 8:27:44 PM

I always try to make my friends smile by reminding them of funny things from the past.

by supersingershannon on 4/23/2012 8:11:06 PM

MOd No guys like me! Am I ugly???? I think I am but My friends think I'm pretty. I dont think guys are intimidated by me... I barely talk that much, only at lunch and with my freinds and stuff. I dont really have a crush now but there a couple guys i think are cute that i like a little bit. But i never talked to them i freak out when i talk to guys. what should I do???? also I want a date for my 8th grade dance how do i get one? thanks MOD!

Hey girl, you are NOT ugly! You are beautiful! Your friends would never lie to you. I think you should start making some guy friends in your classes. You don't necessarily have to flirt and put yourself out there right away, but just talk to them, maybe try and get some help on homework from a cutie. I know it sounds cheesy, but practice makes perfect. The more you talk to a guy, the easier it gets! Talk to your friends see if they'll help you find a date. I always had my girlfriends help me pick out a date for our dances, it was a lot of fun. You'll find one, no worries! =]

lauren r.

by teampeetapercy on 4/21/2012 9:06:50 PM

ok please don't tell us to give flowers to our best friends, unless u say they are a guy. that can b taken the wrong way.

by k8luvscake on 4/21/2012 6:45:49 PM

Those are really good ideas! I love them! I am so trying those out tomorrow! YAY!

by gummybeargrl5 on 4/21/2012 4:58:10 PM

Mod Mod MOd
I sent into questions but one showed up with out a response and the other one isnt posted.....

Lynae P.

by hypershrimp on 4/21/2012 3:59:47 PM

That's cool.

by potterandthedoctor on 4/21/2012 3:26:19 PM

MODMODMOD
im somewhat plus size...and really self conscious (im probable not really as fat as i think i am) but i really need a new swim suit! i would loveeeeeee to rock a bikini!!!! it is my goal and would make me very happy if i could look good in one!!! im trying to lose wieght but idk if i will look good in one? Do you have any suggestions for a style/brand/pattern or any thing that is good when buying a bikini for a curvy girl like me? also i have small boobs so any suggestions for that? I would really love to rock a bikini but what are some other styles that could look good on me???? i wouldn't mind a one piece as long as it's super cute. Can u please help me find some styles that could look good one me? THANKS Mod!! Smile

Lynae P.

by HaNnAh BaNaNa! on 4/21/2012 3:19:51 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok so my BFF is running for class president! And I'm her campaign manager! As sophomores we are going to need a tremendous amount of Publicity since the last 2 years we have had a terrible president. Last year I wasn't really popular but this year I feel that I'm finnally in the more popular group so I guess that can help us. How can I get a lot of people to vote for her? She is new this year but already made loads of friends! We are planning to make a Napoleon dynamite video with the help of the drama club! Any more ideas? Like what to put on posters? We are running. Against a popular guy who is hillarious. A popular girl who is alike mean. And another girl who is possibly running is the captain of the cheerleaders! Thanks!

Lynae P.

by Hypershrimp on 4/21/2012 2:25:58 PM

Hey girls, looking for workout buddies who will cheer you on and help you reach your fitness goals? Join my club Let's Get Active! Want flat abs by summer? No prob! Want to make the soccer team? We're here to help! JOIN NOW!! OFFICERS POSITIONS TO BE PICKED SUNDAY!!!

Have an amazing day!! ♥honeycakes

by honeycakes on 4/21/2012 12:45:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi it's me again with the question about me talking behind my friends back because she was mean and now she hates me. Well a while ago (right after I asked you my first question) I sent the girl an e-mail apologizing to her. I explained why I was mad, told her I shouldn't have talked about her and it was all my fault, and if we could restart forget everything and be friends again. I texted her telling her to please check her email but I got no respond. I am going to text her one more time assuring her the email was nice. I really want her to forgive me even though I don't like her anymore.

Hey girl,

That's great you apologized to her -- she may not have seen her phone or email yet, or she may just want some time to respond. Give it a few days and then try talking to her in person if you don't hear from her by then.

Meghan D.

by BabyDahl13 on 4/21/2012 12:05:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Okay, so I'm a dancer and gymnast and so is the most popular girl(let's call her Madi) in my school. I just quit my recent dance studio due to the fact that it pushed me to hard - ending with me in the hospital. Madi and I email a lot, we just don't talk to each other. I told her this in a recent email and she invited me to go to her dance studio with her for a lesson or two, to see what level I would be at, if I like this studio ect. Well, I want to go... but I'm REALLY nervous. She's really nice and pretty, it's just that... her BFF will be there, and if anybody hangs out with Madi without her ''permission'' well then she'll get revenge. How would I ask my mom??? Like, I've never talked about Madi, never really mentioned her '' Oh, hey, Mom. My friend, Madi just invited me over to her dance studio for a lesson. Can I go???'' I don't know if I should go!!! Help ASAP!!!

Hey girl,

If you want to go with her, you should definitely ask your mom -- most parents aren't against their children making new friends! If she invited you to go, she wanted you to be there, and her bff will have to accept that. Try being nice to her bff so she won't have a reason to be upset at you, and maybe you three will all be friends!

Meghan D.

by Sarah510 on 4/21/2012 11:51:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I really do hate my mom. she always wants to be with my dad and kiss him be just with him. my mom never wants to be with me. i really need help.

Hey girl,

Your existence is because of your parents' great love for each other, but it can be hard when you want to spend time with them, too! Suggest a mother-daughter day out at the mall or at lunch with just the two of you -- she'd probably love the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with you if she knows you're interested too.

Meghan D.

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 4/21/2012 11:40:41 AM

oh i do most of those anyway! i love to tell my friends and my bf how much they mean to me!

by peewee83 on 4/21/2012 11:07:13 AM

Mod
So I play volleyball and tomorrow I am most likely playing agaist my BFF. I know that my team is better than her but she doesn't know that. I;m afraid that if I beat her team really easily that it might hurt our friendship. I don't think it exactly will, but I'm still afraid of it. Any help??? Thank your so much for ALL your help!!! You are all amazing!!! Thanks! Smile ;) Smile

Hey girl,

If it's your teams playing against each other and not you two specifically, it shouldn't be too much of an issue since you won't be beating her personally. If you do win, try to avoid the situation by going up to her after the game and telling her how awesome she did -- hearing that will dispel any negative feelings she had toward your team during the game!

Meghan D.

by cowsrule11 on 4/21/2012 10:51:08 AM

Can't wait to try out these on my bud's!!!!! (: love you guys

by missyrox18 on 4/21/2012 10:40:42 AM

All I ever do is text, even if I'm trying to cheer up one of my besties. I really wish I could be easier to talk to on the phone though because I want to be able to talk a lot instead of constantly texting. The problem is there's always lots of awkward silences and I never know what to say, even in normal conversation. Like yesterday in gym I was walking with this one girl I don't usually talk to and we were able to have a nice convo without very much awkardness. I want to be able to be a less awkward talker but idk what to say! any help? thank you!

Hey girl,

Awkward silences can happen on the phone even between people who know each other really well, so don't let them keep you from having phone convos! Next time someone texts you, give that person a call back instead of texting back -- you already have a conversation starter with what that person texted you, so it shouldn't be awkward, and you'll be able to build your ability to talk on the phone!

Meghan D.

by pinkguitar98 on 4/21/2012 10:21:41 AM

Great ideas! I'm sooooo gonna use these! Laughing

by future_artist on 4/21/2012 10:17:46 AM

Mod I really need help and advice. Okay so in my group of friends there is me my BFF, and three other girls. One is really mean. She always curses, makes fun of us, steals things, slaps us, and excluded one girl from the group and made her cry. I tried to just ignore it so we don't get into any drama but it wasn't helping. She is just getting even worse. I talked to my friends about her saying she was mean and I don't want to stay being friends if she was keep on going to do this. Two agreed and said they hate her, and one said she doesn't really like her anymore. One friends told her I don't like her and thinks she's mean. Now she is mad and is going to be her little tattle-tale self because her grandma works at the school. I don't want to start any drama and get in trouble but staying with this one girl is torture and makes me feel sad. I want to stay friends with my other friends though. HELP!!!

Hey girl,

If you have a problem with her, you probably should have talked to her about it directly instead of going behind her back, so it's not surprising that she's upset. You can be friends with the other girls without seeing her, though, so just invite them to hang out one-on-one instead of in the group! If school officials find out what you said, you can explain to them the reasons you said it that you've listed here, and they will likely be sympathetic with you and try to work things out for both of you.

Meghan D.

by BabyDahl13 on 4/21/2012 9:29:27 AM

Hey girls! Please join my club Girls World <3. We will talk boys, friends, bulling, or whatever else you want!!!

by EGJplay on 4/21/2012 9:08:01 AM

EVER NEED ANY HELP LIKE THIS? Join my club, The Agency. For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff. Calling all Agents: Officer positions open!

by ostar21 on 4/21/2012 7:06:07 AM

Thats sooooo cute! I always do number 9, its my lucky number to! Weird! SmileFirst comment Smile

by purplecupcake411 on 4/21/2012 12:23:48 AM