AN HOUR AGO 7 no-so-scary scary movies: http://t.co/v7p5cuxrXP

2 HOURS AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

3 HOURS AGO Haute 'n' haunted #HalloweenNails: http://t.co/wibxKc4jOc

COMMENTS

Why can't I get a guy?

I’m smart, talented and athletic. Ugh, what gives?!

I finally got a bf and we have been talking since January and dating since march. a couple problems: while we were talking and texting and basically getting to know one another he also liked this other girl names Katie. Well I guess he picked me over Katie because he later asked me out and I really liked him. Well we're not shy people in general unless we're around each other then we get real quiet and awkward silence follows. I figured this would pass because we were a new couple and everything. It did get a little not by much. We went on a school trip the other day and he completely ignored me all day and then a bunch of guys and. Girls got together to watch a. Movie and he didnteven bother to invite his own girlfriend!! Then I found out he's been texting a BUNCH of girls including once again KATIE, i am so frustrated should I end this or wait it out a lil bit?(We are going to six flags next week with mutual friends)

Hey girlie,

If you are afraid your relationship is having problems, the best thing to do is to be honest with your boyfriend! Honesty is key to any relationship, so tell him that you want to have more conversations and spend more time together. You could talk on the phone a few nights a week or invite him to hang out with your friends so that he will invite you to hang out with his friends too. And I wouldn't accuse him of texting other girls, because he might just be friends with them. But talking to him about being more open with each other and spending more time together is the best way to go about it, because he might not even realize you're upset. Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by Reba22:22 on 5/3/2013 10:15:10 PM

my crushes have never liked me. My current crush told my friend he wouldn't date me because I'm shy and insecure! :-( this was a while back, and I heard he likes my BEST friend now. (She can't stand him.) the guys at my school completely ignore me unless they want gum or homework answers. I'm so lonely and I wish him or at least someone liked me. I really don't have any guy friends either. What can I do?

Hey girlie,

Don't be so hard on yourself! The right guy will like you for exactly who you are, and it's totally normal and understandable if that guy hasn't come around yet! Plus, guys might be intimidated by you, which might make them not want to ask you out. If you want to be less insecure and have guy friends, you could set up a study group with some of your classmates and invite some guys from your class, or you could invite guys to hang out with you and your friends if you didn't want to hang out with them one on one. If your friends are there, it will be more comfortable to get to know guys as friends, and I'm sure they would love to spend time with you, too Smile

Meghan D.

by teampeetapercy on 5/3/2013 10:05:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD when my sister was showing my mom pictures of her prom dress I felt like I was gonna cry I'm homeschooled so
the chances of me going to prom are slim to none

Hey girlie,

I know it seems like the end of the world now, but there are plenty of people who weren't able to go to prom for various reasons, and it's definitely not as big of a deal as it seems. Maybe you could ask your friends who go to public school if they are allowed to bring a guest, and if one of them doesn't have a date you could see if their school would let you tag along, as long as your parents are ok with it. If that doesn't work, you could always have a party with your friends and watch cheesy teen movies about prom or have a dance party in fancy dresses just for fun! There will be plenty of chances to dress up and dance when you're older, too, so if you can't go to prom, try not to sweat it too much. In a few years, you won't miss prom at all--and hey, at least you won't have to worry about embarrassing pictures when you're older!

Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 5/3/2013 9:57:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR
so a guy that I've liked for a year just went out with another girl, like two weeks ago. Obviously I'm disappointed but should've seen it coming. I used to think he liked me, but apparently I wasn't good enough for him. How can I get over it? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Don't be so hard on yourself! Just because things didn't work out with one guy definitely doesn't mean you aren't good enough--you have your own amazing qualities, and there will be a great guy to see them one day, even if it's not the guy you used to like. Try spending time with your family and friends and focus on school to get your mind off of him, and keep your mind open to the possibility of other guys you might not have noticed before. Check out this post for more tips on getting over a guy! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/10/12/How-can-I-get-over-my-ex.aspx

Meghan D.

by gigilove321 on 5/3/2013 9:39:35 PM

MODMODMOD
How can I impress guys? I know, simple question Smile

Hey girlie,

Check out our Get a BF channel for TONS of great tips on talking to and impressing guys Smile And being yourself will impress the right kind of guys, so don't ever change who you are or sell yourself short! http://www.girlslife.com/category/get-a-bf.aspx

Meghan D.

by ashbabe567765 on 5/3/2013 9:31:19 PM

Some guys need a girl who can intimidate them Smile But I know how this feels, I'm in 8th grade and have never had a boyfriend or even had a guy ask me out

by puella94 on 5/3/2013 4:28:29 PM

Please help I'm so upset and irritated I'm 15 I'll be 16 on august 5th
I'm very mature for my age I don't act 30 or anything but I'm definitely more mature then most girls my age but I feel really upset I'm not getting my period I just had it
everyone in my family still treats me like I'm 11 even they say they don't my dad is the worst he still makes me use a butter knife today he got mad at me but I didn't even do anything
my mom said she would make me lunch so I said ok I didn't ask her to my dad got mad and said your 16 you should be able to cook by yourself I do cook by myself and I'm 15
also when my one sister and her finance her kissing and stuff I feel like there rubbing it in my face
that I don't have anyone what's wrong with me? I feel so sad and frustrated

Hey girlie. I'm so sorry you feel that way. Have you tried sitting down with your fam members and talking to them about all this? Letting them know that their actions are causing you this much distress? Because I'm sure your family doesn't mean to make you feel the way you're feeling at all, and once they realize that, it can only help ease the frustration that's building up inside you as a result.
Florence N.

by redvelvetluv on 5/3/2013 12:59:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I used to be basically bestfriends with this guy J. We would talk for hours, share everything, sit next to eachother, and we even stood up for each other. He hugged me even though he hates physical contact. He left last year and has come back this year. I never see him anymore since he isn't on my bus anymore. When he came back, we started talking a bit, but then he just started ignoring me! I was really confused for a long time. Just when I finally think I'm over him. He starts trying to talk to me again. I don't understand. Please help!

Hey girl,

It's possible that he felt awkward settling into being back - maybe he had something on his mind, maybe he was busy, or maybe he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep his old friends or "reinvent" himself with new ones. Whatever is going on, try to keep in mind that it's normal for all of you to be changing and growing right now. If you end up growing apart, it's sad but sometimes it happens. Try to be casual about the friendship right now - don't get too excited when he talks to you, because if you let yourself get disappointed when he drops you again, you're letting him manipulate you. If he wants to talk to you, great. If not, whatever - you have other friends. Try to be calm about it for now and see how it goes. He might settle down and figure things out! But if he keeps dropping in and out of contact, he could be flaky/indecisive. And if that's not what you want in a friend - then maybe it's best to move on <3

Lauren C.