4 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

7 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

8 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

30 days to a bikini bod: booty buster

Want your bum to look amazing when ya hit the beach? Give this move a try!

Nice, expect is it the first one just that, and then the second one a different one?

by fearless4ever on 7/6/2012 10:58:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD i love swimming and i know its like, the best workout, but im too young to go to the pool by myself and my parents are always too busy to take me. any workout ideas?? its like 95 degrees outside so id prefer indoor stuff. plz help!!

Hey girl!

Check out our new Totally Ab-sessed post on how to totally tone up. These exercises are easy to do and can be done indoors! Also try jump roping, running up stairs, or even a workout/dance video. Speaking of dancing, grab some friends, blast some music, and dance like crazy in your room--it's an awesome workout!
Catherine C.

by callster2482 on 7/6/2012 10:56:40 AM

Mod mOd mod
Does your period flow increase during workouts? If yes, that's good right? Would that mean excercising speeds up your period?

Hey Girl,

When you work out, blood flow increases everywhere-- even down there. however, exercising is not likely to actually shorten the length of your period.

good luck!

SImone S.
simone s.

by Svds on 6/7/2012 12:27:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I've been doing a lot of leg exercises and conditioning at my school for volleyball, and my legs are now muscular. However, I still have inner thigh fat. Are here any exercises I can do to tone my inner thighs fast??
Thanks!! Smile

Chicaaa,

Yay for exercise! To your question- keep working out and eating healthy, because it's way better to not target a specific area. You lose weight from all over your body when you work out, not just targeted areas! Are you sure that your thighs aren't just really muscular from doing all of those exercises? Keep it up: a healthy lifestyle is the best way to stay fit!

Tess M.

by HubCityVball3 on 5/31/2012 11:55:55 AM

I am slim and don't have a good butt! How do I make my butt look better when I don't even have much to work with. Also, I don't fit well into most yoga pants, where do I find ones that are cute, fit well, and not little-kiddish?

by katiep123 on 5/25/2012 4:20:39 PM

I really want a better six pack on my stomach. Do you think it would be wierd to have abs as a girl?

by katiep123 on 5/25/2012 4:18:51 PM

Mod mod mod mod
Ok so we have a school field trip to the pool in 17 days and I have a stomach I don't want. HELP!! I need to get this fat GONE so I can wear a bikini!

Hey girl,

Our fitness channel has TONS of great ab workouts, so be sure to check it out! Here's a link to a popular one: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/10/Get-rock-solid-abs-by-July-4th.aspx. But the most important thing about school field trips is to have fun, so don't worry about your body, because everyone else probably feels the same way! Relax and have fun!

Meghan D.

by Rissa99 on 5/18/2012 10:20:40 PM

ModModMod
I always compare myself to others when it comes to weight and size. I think I'm average and say that I'm fat. I'm NOT anorexic or bolemic at all. I like eating and hate throwing up! How can i feel better about my image and stop comparing myself with others so much? Thanks sooooo much!

Hey girlie,

I love this article whenever I'm feeling down on myself - and trust me, what you're feeling is TOTALLY normal! It happens to all of us, but we just have to remind ourselves about what makes us unique, our strengths, and the ways we can make ourselves happy, without comparing ourselves to others. What are you great at? What parts of your body do you love? Happiness and being secure with yourself comes from WITHIN, not from becoming the prettiest and the skinniest. It's about loving what you've got - and being confident no matter what <3

Lauren C.

by pixiedust5 on 5/12/2012 10:56:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
So, I have 2 questions:
1. I'm trying to tone up my lower stomach for my grade 8 graduation but I don't know what exercises I should do. Any suggestions?
2. I also don't know how to start exercising. As in, I can't get motivated enough to actually start working out. I'm fairy skinny I guess and I also take dance lessons but I really want to do more daily exercise and I don't know how to get inspired and stuff. So how do I get that inspiration?
Thank you!! Smile

Hey girl,

that's great that you dance regularly -- if you're exercising daily and eating healthy foods, you're probably fine, but if you want to workout more, try running / other type of exercise with a friend or family member to motivate each other! As far as the ab exercises, here's a link to a great ab workout! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/10/Get-rock-solid-abs-by-July-4th.aspx

Meghan D.

by Dancinggirl1414 on 5/11/2012 10:48:35 PM

I want to start yoga, but my mom and i cannot find any classes nearby. Do you have any tips/yoga poses for me to do. im skinny, so i don't need to go over board, i think poses for my posture would help. Thanks ;)

Hey! I'm not a yoga expert myself, but here are some tips to get you started. I hope they help!

Helen S.

by tori42 on 5/11/2012 3:44:29 PM

wow that is great advise i need to loose some weight

by lillpop3 on 5/10/2012 10:12:55 PM

Mod!!!! I'm going to Santa Cruz for a school trip on the 24th. I want to loose 5-10 lbs by then what do u recommend me doing to help me get there? Or to just make me look thinner.
Please help
May9

Hey girl!

Wow! That sounds like an awesome field trip. And it will be awesome no matter how much you weigh. Losing 5-10 pounds by May 24th isn't very realistic (or healthy). If you want to look a little fitter by the time the trip rolls around, I would make sure you keep a healthy diet. Make sure your getting fruits and veggies and cut back on the grease and carbs (say no to those 4 pieces of bread with dinner). As for workouts, heres a great one that will tone up your abs, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/19/Make-your-crunches-do-double-duty.aspx. Cardio is also a fabulous way to get fit fast (http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/12/Get-fit-faster-Pump-up-the-cardio.aspx). A healthy diet and these exercises will have you feeling great by the 24th, and if you stick with it you may lose a few pounds by summer!

Marisa D. Marisa D.

by May9 on 5/10/2012 2:46:53 AM

Help! Since bikini season is coming up I need a workout (besides this one) that will help tone the backs of my thighs and gluts! Any ideas?

by jennidoodle on 5/7/2012 8:00:15 PM

Guys, this isn't confusing! It's just lunges with weights in both hands!

by elton.elizab14 on 5/7/2012 6:47:46 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!
I am running a mini Marathon next yr. I am totally out of shape. Any advice?

Hey babe,

Your best bet is to start getting yourself back into the lifestyle of being active.  Start jogging a few times a week, or take up doing workouts at home.

Take a look here:

Jordan S.

by Angel07 on 5/5/2012 5:14:53 PM

hi am am 12 years old, 5.3', and weigh 105 pound. I am doing 3 sports right now and we are opening our pool and for the summer i really want some abs! i want to look good for my crush at the public school. I can feel a 6 pack under my belly fat and i need to get rid of it!! any short workouts i can do? THANKSS

Hey girl, here's one of my fave workouts to work on abs: @font-face {
font-family: "Times New Roman";
}@font-face {
font-family: "Calibri";
}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }5 Speedy Moves for Flat Abs

Jess D.

by kendall4003930 on 5/4/2012 4:11:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD @Lauren c i did tell her that and she said well u have nothing to ecersie on and i cant go on a walk or anything im younger but look older so ecersises i can do in my room

Hey babe,

Check out our Workouts section - most of our exercises can actually be done in your bedroom, without any equipment! Scroll through our pages of workout ideas and choose the ones that seem the most fun to you! Those are the ones that will make working out exciting - and will help you stick with it!

Lauren C.

by mickyabc on 5/3/2012 5:45:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD im "Bigger" and i want to lose fat, but the problem is i dont know what to do to lose wheight fast for a bikini bod and i cant really go to the gym or anything im super embaressed to excirse while my family is there and when i ask them to leave they get mad and my mom say i dopnt need to ecersise cuz im not fat but thats not the point i also want to be healthy! she just doesnt understand so what r some ecersises i can do in my bed room? (No ball or weights)

Hey girlie,

Tell mom that! Tell her you aren't self-conscious about your weight, but you want to get healthy, get fit, and take better care of yourself. Try starting small, like taking walks around the block after dinner and trying out a kickboxing DVD with friends for fun. The more you do it, the easier it'll become! And the more comfy you'll feel in your own skin Smile Don't forget that you should also combine with healthy food choices! Cut out the fast food and the processed food - instead of grabbing for the Oreos, choose yogurt, fruits, veggies, granola bars, etc. Eat smaller portions and eat slower so you get full faster and don't over stuff yourself. It's all about dedication - if you really want to get fit, you'll push past feeling embarrassed or not knowing how to exercise and you'll learn! <3

Lauren C.

by mickyabc on 5/3/2012 5:23:42 PM

MOD MOD-Bikini Bottom Help!
Can it be ok to wear a thong bikini at times? My friend just turned 14 and we are good friends and she recently bought one for the summer. Last year we both wore non-thong bikinis but they were on the revealing side. And this year she bought one, her mom has worn one at times so I know her parents dont mind and I know people wear them even teens our age, so is it ok for her to wear one if she wants. I have even seen men wearing them, so is it a big deal? One of my friends doesnt think its a good idea but some of us doesnt think its an issue if she does it appropriately.

Hey chica,

I don't really think your parents will be all that thrilled about it in general, even if hers are.  And you don't find bikinis like that around public places very often.  I think it's perfectly fine to wear something like that when you're just in your backyard tanning, but in large groups of people, I'd stick to something modest.
Jordan S.

by luckykel on 4/30/2012 3:21:28 PM

mod mod mod mod
I have shin splints from dance. I dance 6 days a week and have a performance in 3 weeks, so resting is out of the question right now. Do you guys know of anything (stretches, foods, workouts, etc) I can do to releave the pain. I already take a pain killer 2 times a day and I am still have some pain. Thanks!!!

Hey Girly,

I'm sorry to hear about your shin splints! I think it's best to talk to your doctor about this but I do not eatting bananas and continue stretching and that should help you. I hope this helps you and that you feel better! Good luck at your performance in 3 weeks!

Lynae P.

by greendancer818 on 4/28/2012 8:08:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! I have kyphosis so my doctor gave me specific exercises to do to help that. If i do them there's a chance i wont need a back brace,but i don't do them. She gave them to me in January and told me to come back in 6 months. Its been four months and i haven't really been doing them. I need help finding some form of motivation to help me do them. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
thx,
Mustachegrl Smile

Hey Mustachegrl, I feel ya I can get lazy sometimes too, but you don’t want to have to wear a back brace all your life. For motivation look at pics of people who have this condition and understand that you can stop yourself from looking like that. It may also help to set up a schedule for your exercises. Maybe everyday from 3-4 pm you do your back workouts. Get a parent to check on you and keep you on track too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Mustachegrl on 4/28/2012 1:03:26 PM

i get really tired during workouts. like 2day i spent only 20 minutes for workouts..i want to exceed it minimum 30 and max 1hr....what should i do so that i do NOT get tired easily

Hey girl,

When you start exercising more, you'll build endurance and be able to exercise longer for more often. Try focusing on endurance now by lifting lighter weights more times instead of heavier weights less times, or do the elliptical/treadmill with less resistance but for a longer time. If you're exercising for 30 min. or more, a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade will give ya energy, too! Drinking water and having a little protein before you work out will go a long way, too.

Meghan D.

by rprincess98 on 4/28/2012 9:47:25 AM

MOD! I really liked this boy and I hung out w/ him a lot. One day, before the field trip we had that day,
he asked me out! I was soo excited and happy! But then everyone started making fun of him and stuff, so he told everybody that he really didn't like me. including my friends so they ALL texted me and told me that he didn't really like me and that he told them so. So i told him one of my friends dared me to say yes, and I broke up w/ him. The only prob is, i think he still likes me, and i still wish I were dating him.

Hey girl,

Wow, that sounds like a lot of hearsay and rumors ... if you want to still date him, you'll have to both be honest with each other! Tell him how you really feel, and ask him to tell you the truth about whether he really liked you and really wanted to ask you out, or if he just wants to be friends. It will be a tough conversation, but good relationships are based on honesty!

Meghan D.

by rememberme239 on 4/27/2012 10:14:10 PM

Sounds hard..

by Cartoon Kit-Kat on 4/26/2012 8:38:52 PM

i might use this

by cutiepie14231 on 4/26/2012 8:16:37 PM

@ photogal48: GL isn't telling girls to be "model skinny" to make them beautiful. and it's really stupid that you are complaining about how a workout idea is forcing girls into unhealthy habits when this article is doing just the opposite. GL is giving girls a good way to get a nice butt before summer the healthy way. your comment makes no sense since GL giving girls a way to be healthy and happy (and btw, if you workoput, you WILL have a good butt, that's just how it works)

by guitargirl7321 on 4/26/2012 7:22:16 PM

Mod Mod Mod! I was thinking of changing my blond hair (its kinda a dirty blond color with light red roots) to like a red color like Jackie Emerson's hair. What do you guys think?
Thx!!!

Hey girlie,

She has gorgeous red hair! If you think it'll spice up your look and you want to give it a try, go for it! Smile
Lauren C.

by sprinklz28 on 4/26/2012 7:08:19 PM

I AM SO GONNA USE THIS THNXS SO MUCH

by snicker on 4/26/2012 6:09:43 PM

hey girlies! please join my club, The Agency
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

by ostar21 on 4/26/2012 5:45:56 PM

Doing all that is a lot of work, and confusing. If you are so self-conscious about the way your butt looks wear boy shorts to the beach so it looks like you wearing shorts. Grab a pink pair of boy shorts at the mall that is a bathing suit and put a cute white bikini or tankini on top. Easy and making yourself feel better about yourself if you are that petty. (I do that, it makes you look better toned than you really are!)

by BabyDahl13 on 4/26/2012 4:55:06 PM

This is a confusing way to describe a lunge. I am a fencer so i am totally used to lunges and do them all thie time. They should just post a video that shows someone doing it.

by diamondgirl4404 on 4/26/2012 3:44:23 PM

ikr i hope they're reading our comments cause all of their workouts are confusing because there are no pictures.put pictures!!!!!!

by firework41k on 4/26/2012 3:29:05 PM

by firework41k on 4/26/2012 3:28:33 PM

Girls Life really lets me down when it comes to stuff like this. I understand that girls want to look their best, but the fact that you make 'looking good' more important than being HEALTHY is terrible. A LOT of girls read GL and these articles about how to 'tone up' and to 'get a good lookin' caboose'. I think that you really should make it all about just being HEALTHY and happy, not about being a sterotype skinny stomach with a nice looking caboose. Girls need to know that they don't have to look 'perfect' to be beautiful, they just have to be healthy and happy. Try to remember that girls listen to what you say, and by you saying that they need a 'good lookin' caboose' for the summer months, now they will think that their butt is too big or whatever and be self conscious even more, all because YOU said that. Inner beauty is way more important than outer beauty, so as long as you are healthy and happy, who cares if your stomach isn't model skinny, or if your caboose isn't perfect, GL?

by photogal48 on 4/26/2012 1:36:59 PM

by photogal48 on 4/26/2012 1:20:54 PM

Umm guys, Ever heard of google? They have pictures on google.

Anyways join creativity closet please! Its a group where where I post 5 creative ideas every sunday on Room decor,Cooking and baking,crafts,seasonal and birthday party themes.

by rainyseattlegirl on 4/26/2012 1:08:42 PM

i don't get why people are always complaining about how "confusing" these are. they are soooo easy to understand!!!!!

by guitargirl7321 on 4/26/2012 12:40:36 PM

@ tampagirl<3 Nope girly,It's not just you. Why can't you guys post pictures with it or something?

by Princess Keziyah on 4/26/2012 11:13:52 AM

is it just me or is this really confusing???????????

by tampagirl<3 on 4/26/2012 8:44:40 AM