1 HOURS AGO RT @Alexa_Curtis: NEW POST// A super belated post from the @girlslifemag event in Baltimore last month! http://t.co/5ehd2l1aQr http://t.co/pic.twitter.com/FCpAvvEna6

2 HOURS AGO Check out ‘Girls Who Code’ new tampon game… We can’t stop playing!! http://t.co/AdbzImClOX

2 HOURS AGO 5 incredibly healthy & flavorful recipes to spruce up your H2O!: http://t.co/Xjn4DRSuTR

COMMENTS

My boobs hurt! Is this normal?

When I push down on them, they’re super sore…

one is bigger then the other does this mean breast cancer?

by popgirl79 on 7/15/2012 10:13:21 PM

Dear mod ?
I have justice under wear and sometimes they have like blue lines where my parts go and kinda makes me wonder what it means and how do u kno what is an isn't discharge?

Hey babe,

It's probably just the underwear - does the pattern or coloring of the underwear have blue? It might just have gotten a little messed up in the wash or something and have stained. You'll know if it's discharge if it's wet, or if you see it on your toilet paper when you go to the bathroom. If it's dry and a set in stain, it's probably just from the undies.
Kelly G.

by Kshay on 7/13/2012 1:39:25 PM

Modmodmod
I realize sore boobs during puberty is perfectly normal, but my have been hurting so bad lately. Is there any way to relieve the pain, quick and simple?
Thank you!

Hey girlie,

Take a dose of Tylenol or Advil! I know it sounds simple, but it'll really help get rid of that soreness Smile And sometimes a hot water bottle (or one of those little bean bags that you heat up) will soothe the pain too!
Lauren C.

by Graciegang on 7/13/2012 12:07:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 12 years old and i'm already wearing a Bcup bra. is this normal for a girl my age?

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal! Everyone's body matures differently during puberty so you can't compare yourself to your friends' bods - it's normal for you! Even if you feel like you're growing super fast and aren't slowing down, it's actually totally natural Smile
Lauren C.

by liv22 on 7/12/2012 10:44:12 PM

MODMODMOD
So about two months ago I needed a some new bras, so my mom got me two sports bras. that's fine when I'm out horseback riding, but for school and summer, the straps show from my clothes and I can't wear them with most of my tops. I really want some cup bras, but I'm scared to ask my mom for them. What should I do? Thanks so much!

Hey girl!

You might be scared at first, but remember...your mom was in this exact same position once. Tell her that you can't wear sports bras with your cute tops, and you want to know if she'd take you to get some cuter, normal bras. I'm sure she'll be happy to help you out. Check out this link for tips on picking the right bra: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/01/bra-guide.aspx  She was once a teenager too!!

Catherine C.

by Sadie594 on 7/6/2012 12:06:34 PM

ModModMod!
Almost all my shirts require me to wear a white tank top under them. Mine are the ones from Aeropostale with the built in bra, but that doesn't offer me enough support, it is more like a training bra. If I wear a real bra you can see the straps. Now I don't wear most of my shirts because of this! What should I do? Thanks(:

Hey girlie,

Definitely keep wearing those white tank tops, but try going for a bra with detachable straps! I got mine from Forever 21 - they come in all sizes/colors and have detachable straps so you can go strapless, wear them in a criss-cross, only use one side, etc. They're really affordable (like $10!) and I think they'll help ya be prepared for any shirt situation you've got Smile
Lauren C.

by kelaboo on 7/5/2012 11:02:09 PM

MOD
theres this weird clear stuff coming out of my boobs , and one is waaaay bigger then the other! plus i dont want to tell my mom because she's really stressed with her devorce! Cry PLEASE HELP I FEEL LOST.

Hey girl, Discharge is something your doctor definitely needs to hear about.  Your mom might be stressed, but your health matters to her.  Have her make an appointment, it might be nothing or something small, but it should still be checked out by a professional.  Don't worry about your boobs being different sizes, though, thats a pretty common thing, lots of girls have the same thing!  xoox

Kate G.

by chewcharm on 7/5/2012 3:40:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
There are tiny bumps ALL OVER my boobs and I don't know how they got there! It's kinda like acne.. But i've never had acne anywhere. What do i do?

Hey girl,

This could help answer your Q! Smile

Lauren C.

by throwaway246 on 6/28/2012 11:28:17 PM

MOD !
Im 11 years old and i wear a size 32D in bras . It feels so uncomfortable to have boobs this big because of my age and because it sometimes attracts the wrong attention. I was wondering if you have any exercises that would help me burn off alot of fat and maybe they would shrink a little ? If not thats fine i just need something that will help me grow into my body . Also , most of my friends are very skinny i feel left out when their in their bikinis because im thicker then they are . My mom dosent allow me to wear shorts above the knees because of my booty . I feel like shes calling me fat when she says that even though i know its not true . I just feel insecure around my riends because i want a body like theirs . Any Advice or workouts ?

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately, unless you lost a HUGE amount of weight there's no guarantee you'll lose any fat from your chest area. The best way to feel better about yourself is to eat right, do something physical that gets you feeling fit (love dance, basketball, softball, jogging, biking, swimming? Whatever it is, it can help release endorphins and make you feel awesome!), and focus on the hobbies/passions that are the strongest for you. Doing what you love and realizing that you're good at a lot of things does wonders for your self-esteem! It makes you realize it's not just about our bodies - it's about what we set our minds to, what we can achieve, and how great we really are Smile And don't forget to check out this article, which can really help ya think about this sitch in the best and healthiest way <3 http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/06/Stressed-by-my-big-chest.aspx
Lauren C.

by Killer_Beauty00 on 6/28/2012 4:35:17 PM

Modmodmod
Okay, I really don't know is this is normal, but my boobs itch, ALL the time. My sister told me that is a sign they're growing, but I'm not sure. Is that true?

hey! I'm not sure if that's true, I don't think I've ever heard that before. If it gets worse talk to a doctor but otherwise maybe a moisturizer would help.

Helen S.