3 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

4 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

5 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

COMMENTS

9 tricks to get over your crush

Didn’t work out with your eye candy? Here’s how to move on without looking back.

MOD MOD!!!!
There's this guy in my geography class, and he is really cute, and sweet. When my eraser fell on the floor, he picked it up for me. Then when he saw something in my binder, he asked if I was in special series arts (I go to an art and drama focus school), and that my drawing was pretty good. One problem is that he is 13 and I am 14. Is it okay to like a younger guy? Or is it creepy, and I should just stop liking him?

Meghan D.

by pokemon_girl11 on 9/7/2012 4:43:06 PM

Hi Mod! Happy SummerSmile
So, I have had a crush on this guy for pretty much my whole high life (I’m going to be an upcoming senior). He was a former senior, so he graduated. I was so sad when school ended and I thought about letting him know how I felt to get it off my chest. Then I realized that he would either say no he doesn’t feel the same way or yes he does. Even if he says yes and we ended up doing the long distance thing and ended up in love forever and ever, I don’t think our future plans (college, career, and etc) fit together. Anyway, I think that one way to get over my long crush is to get a summer fling. I even have someone in mind. He’s cute and sweet. We live super far away from each other and will probably never see each other ever again after this summer. And he really likes me! Do you think it’s bad if I get into a fling with him to help me get over my crush even though I don’t quite like him like that?

Hey girlie! Sounds like a summer fling is just what you need.  Just make sure you keep things light and don't get too involved- sometimes getting over somebody with another person can backfire a little and make you miss your old crush even more! Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by Stargirlcandy3 on 8/9/2012 12:55:50 AM

ModModMod
so i have liked this guy cody since like second grade. we have become freinds over the years. I try so hard to shake my crush off but he is really sweet and i just cant. i dont have the courage to ask him out and i just dont know what to do. Please help!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Why do you have to get over your crush? Is it really that bad to like Cody? Try talking to him more, growing even closer as friends, and flirting/complimenting him/teasing him. Be playful and laid back, 100% yourself. Before you give up, you should at least see if you work well together! You don't wanna "shake" your crush off before you even know if something good could happen Smile
Lauren C.

by Hailiethecool on 7/29/2012 9:42:41 PM

Hi ModSmile
What exactly are spring dresses? Are they just light above-the-knee dresses? I have this pretty (but fairly simple) sundress that I would love to wear. Would it be okay to wear to a banquet that has a dress code of spring/summer dresses for girls?

Hey babe!

Sundresses totally fit the dress code of a spring/summer dress! Have fun!
Kelly G.

by Stargirlcandy3 on 5/28/2012 4:47:11 PM

Hey daisie5, this is a tough sitch. I know you like Matt but it seems like he hurt your friend Emily. Sometimes it's better if we don't date the exs of our girlfriends, because it can lead to drama. It might be better if you and Matt are friends for awhile. I'm not sure Emily will be okay with you two dating. Just imagine how you would feel if you were in her shoes. Hope this helps girly! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
Okay so my bgf lets call him matt has been flirting with me for a long time now. Matt broke up with my best friend, Emily lets call her, about a month ago. Emily and my other best friend, Molly we'll say, always talk about how much they hate him, but they don't know i like him. Matt and me text each other every night and last night we played 20 ?'s and he asked out of all the guys in our class who would i go on a date with. Me being so "secret" said all the guys r nice but some nicer than others. I told him about the really creepy guys in my neighborhood and he said want me to come beat them up. Does he have a crush on me? Should i tell emily and molly that i like Matt? Please help!!!!!!! Lynae P.

by daisie5 on 5/19/2012 1:48:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay, so I show cattle and there is this guy that is 14 and I'm 13. I've liked him for 2 years now but I haven't told anyone. My mom and sister think I like him but I don't want them to think that. We are both really shy so we don't talk much and I'm kinda scared to talk to him. There are also a bunch of people that would make fun of me too if they knew I liked him. We don't have a lot of time at shows either because we are always working. He is also always hanging out with his older cousin that is going to be a senior in high school next year. I don't know how to talk to him since he is always with older people. I really like him but I also don't go to school with him so I only see him in the summer and only like 3 times a month. Any Advice? Thank You sooooo much!

Hey girl,

If you want to start talking to him, that's great, but people who know you well like your mom and sister will definitely know you like him. But if they already know anyway, it's not a big deal -- they're not going to tell anyone! So if you want to talk to him before the summer and maybe exchange numbers (even as friends), it never hurts to say hi and start a friendly conversation! It will be scary at first, but he could be really nice!

Meghan D.

by cowsrule11 on 5/18/2012 10:23:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I've never in my life had a guy like me. It is probably my looks. I have zits crooked teeth, I'm skinny, but my tummy sticks out. Plus, I'm also obbsessed w/ comedy. my fam says I'm a born comedian, but people come across me as hyper or annoying. what is wrong?

Hey girl,

If guys aren't going for you, they're probably intimidated by how cool you are! If you love comedy, stick with that and don't worry about guys for now! You still have plenty of time to grow up, and your body and skin will change, too, so as long as you're being healthy, focus on all of your amazing talents and don't worry about boys!

Meghan D.

by promqueen105 on 5/11/2012 9:17:45 PM

ModModModModMod!!!!! JORDAN RSo yesterday I got to color guard early. I noticed that my crushs GF was there so I quickly sat down alone and played with my phone. I someone say "should we go talk to her?"then suddenly someone said "Deiondra come socialize" I looked and it was her. Then she told me to come and she introduced me to a lot of people, then asked me about my classes, and eventually he came along and she jumped up and gave him a hug.Then she went outside and told me to come along. I did but I stood by the door then went in. Later I was talking to a friend and she came over and said hi and introduced herself to my friend. Then this morning I was sitting on a bench and she walked by said, hi, how I was doing and I answered and asked her the same. Don't get me wrong she is really nice but I felt extremely awkward and I know that I want to be friends but first I know I need to get we first but I don't know how I've tried many times and it never works. Help! ModModModModMod!!!

Hey! I'm not Jordan but i hope I can help you out Smile Even though she's your crush's gf, she's making an effort to be your friend, and those are always worth having around. I think you should give her a chance. If she's making you feel uncomfortable, is it because you don't like her, or because you don't like that she's dating your crush? If you feel like you guys could be pals, maybe put this crush aside, there'll be others, I promise!

Helen S.

by ladyinlike on 5/11/2012 10:39:52 AM

How do I answer a MOD?

Hey babe,

Just post another comment, add the Mod's name (in my case, "MODMODMOD Jordan S.) and we should see your comment to respond!
Jordan S.

by hermionegirl12 on 5/7/2012 8:13:03 PM

This article is perfect for me. I was recently forced to give up my crush because of..complications and it's really hard to get over someone you're still in love with, I think this article with help a lot. Thanks GL!! Laughing

by IThinkILoveYou... on 5/7/2012 6:30:31 AM