8 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

9 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

10 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Spring dance survival guide: Seeing double

What to do when you’re not the only one rocking your dress…

Omg! Just found out one of my BFF's accidentally bought the same dress as me for prom! This is perfect, I am really upset that i wont be unique but I am taking your advice and trying to laugh about the sitch. Hope all goes well when the dance comes around!

by Kluver94 on 5/1/2012 11:09:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Help me. I want to start cutting. I feel so depressed and hurting myself is the only thing that makes me feel good. I might even do suicide. I love hurting myself. Help, this is unhealthy and I need to stop but I can't! Help please!

Hey girl,

You are already one step ahead - you KNOW that this is unhealthy and you know it's wrong to express yourself this way. First, try to figure out what is triggering this pain. Is it body issues? A bad breakup? Someone in your life making you feel bad? School pressures? A mix of a bunch of things? Whatever it is, try to come up with a way you'll replace the behavior of cutting when you feel negative emotions. Instead of cutting, write in a journal, paint, listen to music, go for a jog, call a friend on the phone, etc. Replacing the urge to harm yourself with a more positive, productive activity can really help you realize you are worth SO MUCH MORE than you think you are. You're beautiful babe, and you're super strong. You can do this! And most of all, you NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE. Talk to a trusted adult like a parent, teacher, counselor, clergy person, aunt, uncle, grandparent, friend's parent, etc.
Lauren C.

by New_York_City on 4/28/2012 11:18:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I’m having hair envy (which I never have!). I’m a natural auburn, but lately I’ve been jealous of people whose hair is even redder than mine! Like, for instance, Bella Throne. I love, LOVE, her color hair! Mine isn’t as red (and long.) and I’m so jealous! Is there any way I can bring out more of my color?

Hey babe,

You could always try semi-permanent hair dyes or highlights to enhance the color without a lot of commitment! You could also focus on wearing colors that work well with red hair - deep greens, navy blue, crisp white, and dark berry red would all help make your hair look more vivid red Smile
Lauren C.

by emmyie11 on 4/28/2012 10:58:13 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!! Ok so i really want to get into a dance team. I am going to try out. I am 13 and most people start when they are about 7-10. It is a serious team. I go 2 Retter's Academy of dance. They compete too. I have no friends there except one but I only see her on Friday. I am afraid I won't get in. Any suggestions? I will be so sad if I don't.

Hey Doll!

It's okay if you don't know many people there because you can always make friends, so don't let that be a set back. My best advice is to just do the best that you can. They can't fault you for trying your best and, if you think about it, doing the best you can do is the only thing you can do. If you don't get it, it's okay, just think of it as it wasn't meant to be and there are other options for you out there. Don't be sad because other opportunities will come your way. Best of luck girl, you got it! Just keep thinking positive and remember to do your best Smile

Lynae P.

by hmeyer on 4/28/2012 8:31:49 PM

omg one time i went to a dance i was so close to getting this purple and black dress, but i went with a pink dress insted, and when i got to the dance 2 girls were wearing the purple and black dress and i was like OMG! i was so happy i went with the pink dress! Smile

by j4zm09 on 4/28/2012 6:37:08 PM

MODMODMOD!
My sister let me use her account to ask a question. (:
I am 14 & I have really bad lower back pain! I don't have my period yet and there are no medically things wrong with my back ( I just had a physical). Does this mean my period is coming? I have had discharge for THREE YEARS! Please help meeeee (:

Hey Girly!

I’m sorry to hear you are having lower back pain! Lower back pain can be the result of many things including poor posture and the different positions you sleep in at night. It is impossible to tell exactly when you are going to get your period, but be patient as it will happen eventually Smile

If your back pain continues to get worse, schedule an appointment with your doctor. I hope you feel better doll!

Lynae P.

by sarahm.(: on 4/28/2012 5:42:49 PM

WHAT WOULD LOOK GOOD OVER THESE http://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings/products/galaxy-purple-leggings
THANKS

Hey Doll!

Those leggings are super cute! I think a number of things would look cute with them. You could always start by paring a longer black shirt or tank top with them like the girl has in the picture. You could also make it edgy by wearing some type of graphic tee or rock/hip hop tee with it. If you took this route, you could pair it with some Doc Martins to complete the edgy look. If you are going for a more feminine look, you could pair it with a white shirt and a blazer of any color (I think black would look best). Hope this helps doll!

Lynae P.

by sparklysharpie on 4/28/2012 5:41:38 PM

MODMODMOD
i have this friend that lives just down the street from me and she wants to have sleepovers a lot. we are good friends but the truth is our sleepovers always end up being really boring and she can be kinda frustrating sometimes...she just sent me a text asking if i wanted to have a sleepover tonight. What should i say???? we are already going for a walk together today, and we will probably hang out tomorrow because we live so close, but i dont really want to have a sleep over (and i dont really like saturday sleepovers anyway because then you r always tired for school). Should i just be a good friend and say yes? Or what should i say? my mom says i could say no because i have an isat (important school state test thing) on monday and she wants me to be well rested...but i already made an excuse yesterday so i don't what to hurt her feelings... thanks mod Smile

Hey HaNnAh BaNaNa!, I think you should tell her no. This and yesterday are the only two times you told you’ve said no about having a sleepover, compared to all the other times you’ve had sleepovers with her, so she shouldn’t be too mad. Your test at school is much more important than her spending the night at your house, so should explain that to her. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by HaNnAh BaNaNa! on 4/28/2012 3:59:01 PM

Wow... funny you should post this! The other day at a track meet I was wearing the exact same track pants and jacket as someone else. Except it was a guy. And when we had to take them off to run, I accidentally put his back on. Embarrassing.

by Fly1213 on 4/28/2012 2:30:59 PM

okay so I'm planning to get my ears re-pierced (on the low lobe) for the third time. The first time I got it pierced in got infected, and the second time I got it pierced it closed up. I'm not playing any sports right now, so I want to get it done before my summer sport's season starts up. Is there a better chance that it will work this time around, or not a good chance? Also, is there any DIY stuff I can do to prep my ears so I might be successful this time? I'm not nervous about the actual piercing and the pain, I'm just worried that it won't stay this time again. Thanks in advance!! Smile

Hey fallsb-ball, they do say the third time is the charm, so hopefully everything will go smoothly this time. I’ve read that it’s good to avoid caffeine and eat a light meal 2 hours before your piercing. Be sure you get sleep and that your ears are nice and clean. Once you get the piercing be sure you do everything you’re supposed to. Since you’ve already had it done twice you know what to do. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.