11 HOURS AGO Hey, West Coast! @rowblanchard + @parisberelc's #InvisibleSister on @DisneyChannel debuts in just 30mins! Who's watching? 👯👤✨💞

12 HOURS AGO Sip this! GL's tasty tea guide to get you through fall:

14 HOURS AGO Will you read the new gender-flipped #Twilight? Still can't get over it:

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

im going to do that exam and I got a guy doctor and I feel very uncomfortable and my mom wanted to change but they said that it wasn't possible to do that wat should I do?
please answer asap

Hey girlie, I understand why having a guy doctor for this might not be very appealing to you. But you just have to remember that it's his job. You're just another patient to him and he's seen it all before.

Lauren T.

by shyfamimi21 on 7/21/2013 12:59:07 AM

Hey girl, I wouldn't worry about's completely normal!
lauren r.

by roxizzy on 3/2/2013 2:43:21 AM

Even if we have a female doctor is there ever the chance of her having a male assistant??? I wouldnt like that.

And for guys they also get checked down there but its different. I dont think they need to get checked before becoming sexually active or obviously when it comes to birth control but a guy friend once mentioned he had a female doctor, so I guess they have to deal with embarrassing stuff to.

by fashionqn on 1/17/2013 11:46:56 PM

I went to the doctor before and they had to do this but my mom got me a female doctor (i did NOT want my guy doctor to do it) and it wasn't very scary and it was super easy and she was really nice! (this doesn't relate at all but she had super cute flats on just saying) There really isn't anything to be afraid of!

by cupcakecutie325 on 1/3/2013 4:24:36 PM

I went to the docs before but they onley checked down there but not my boobs is this normal!!?? Awsner ASAP

Hey Savannah728, yes I think that's fine. As long as they didn't do anything inappopriate it's fine. No worries Smile

Lynae P.

by Savannah278 on 11/8/2012 9:29:07 PM

do guys do this too?

Hey girlie,

Nope, we don't have any male mods but on some articles we do turn to guys for answers.

Jordan S.

by yorkielover88 on 10/30/2012 5:05:51 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Im going to the gyno tomorrow, and im really scared, because i've never been before. Does it hurt? What do they actually do? And since its monday tomorrow (well where i live it is) im skipping the middle of the school day. Im really scared that the boys in my classes are gonna know

Hey girl,

It's normal to be nervous on your first visit to a gyno, but there's really nothing to worry about -- they're professionals! This post does a great job at outlining what will happen, and they will talk to you and explain what's going on every step of the way. Also, just because you leave school during the day doesn't mean they'll know where you are -- even if they know you're going to the doctor, they don't have to know what type of doctor it is! Check out this post for more info, and relax! It will be fine, and soon you'll think of it like any other doctor visit!

Meghan D.

by Sarah_12 on 9/16/2012 12:26:53 AM

Help!!! Im really scared. My mom told me (like 5 mins ago) that she scheduled an appointment with the gynecologist, tomorrow to make sure that everything 'down there' is healthy and normal. She said she scheduled it a long time ago, but she 'forgot' to tell me. What do they do? Does it hurt? And do they actually have to touch u down there? Im scared!

Hey girlie, I remember my first trip, and I was terrified too. But it doesn't hurt. The equipment that they use is cold and slightly uncomfortable, but I can promise you there won't be any pain. They won't always do a pelvic exam so I can't tell you that with certainty. If you have any questions about your period or anything else down there that you've been wondering about, write them down before you go so you don't forget to ask.

Lauren T.

by Sarah_12 on 9/15/2012 3:18:20 PM

I have asked my mom about this and she says its normal but i need to wash better. (i'm so sorry this is super gross) but my underpants have this white liquid on them and it smells like fish! I know its weird and makes no sense but my mom says its nothing to worry about, but still i'm grossed out and scared! Please help!

Hey chica! Don't worry that's completely normal! Check out this article alllllll about what you're talking about!

Carly S.

by puddinface7 on 8/23/2012 4:36:12 PM

ok so im really sacred of my doc to look anywhere down there or at my boobs it is really scary when my doc wants to look i start to cry! why do docs have to start to give shots in your butt why cant they keep giving u shots in your arm?

Thanks SOOOO much

I dint see my first comment so im posting it again xoxo

by tabithamh on 8/13/2012 1:06:11 PM

Blueberries, apples, grapes, raisins and blackberries are all high in antioxidants and make great snacks.
What style will you choose for your perf homecoming hair?

Anti-bacterial soap kills way more germs.

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!