7 MINUTES AGO In Both of Me, a total stranger changes Clara's life 4ever. Win this mind blowing book from @BlinkPublishing today: http://t.co/ueozMpeV4p

AN HOUR AGO Who wants to get paid to play with puppies? 🙋 :http://t.co/yTJ71zaS1nn

2 HOURS AGO Exactly what to get your besties for under $20: http://t.co/7DhXVivyTq

COMMENTS

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

Hey girl,
check out this page and see if it helps:

We
have loads of info on your bod to help ya out!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Catherine C.

by Abbydabbers on 6/22/2012 2:21:20 AM

How long do u pms or get symptoms of your period before u actually get it?

by 66soccergirl on 6/20/2012 10:29:39 PM

MOD MOD
I was just wondering if u had any articles on kissing and if so can u please give me a link?
Thanks so much!

Hey girl!

Of course, we've got you covered! Here's a link to our Kissing Crash Course! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/kiss.aspx
Rachael A.

by 66soccergirl on 6/18/2012 1:36:04 AM

MOD MOD
Hi I have a few questions!
1) how often are new articles posted on girlslife
2) after I post this question when and where will I see it?
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Articles are posted on GL all day, every day! Some days we'll have more than others, but check your fave sections and you'll definitely get to read new articles every few hours throughout the day Smile You'll see your comments right under the article where you posted them - the mods have to approve each comment though before it goes public, so ya gotta be a liiiittle patient for us!
Lauren C.

by 66soccergirl on 6/14/2012 7:22:49 PM

Mod(Carrie)
Thank you do much!!! Ok last question for now! Sorry for all the questions!
I'm going swimming on Friday, and I kinda have pubic hair that sticks out of my swim suit, how do I shave around that area? Because I'm afraid I'll get a rash. Also, do you know anywhere I can get cute swimsuits that have pads in the top, because I'm really flat chested, and I'm only a 00 in jeans, so I still fit in size 10 swimsuits from justice, but there's are expensive and kinda little kidish, any ideas? Thank you so much!

Hey girl, no problem, that's why I'm here. To shave for swimming, just remember to shave in the direction that your hair is growing. Don't shave more than ya need to - just get the edges. Lots of places have padded swimsuits; try Aeropostale or JCPenney.
Carrie R.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/13/2012 2:44:19 PM

Mod(Carrie)
Thanks so much, I was also wondering how do I bring up irregular periods with my doctor? Because usually my mom is in the room, and I don't want her to know that they have been irregular for this long, I dot want her to get mad at me for not telling her. Also I haven't had a physical in 3 years, so I haven't had one since I started my period and my friend said that the physical is really akward, but she hasn't started, so would it be different for me? And she said that the doctor(we have the same one) that he felt of her pulse near her vagina. Is that normal? Thanks Carrie!

Well, babe, your physical shouldn't be much different now that you've gotten your period. The doctor should ask you about it, but that's about it. And if you don't want your mom to be in the room, just ask her to stay in the waiting room when the nurse calls you back. If she protests, tell her that you'll call her if you need her. As for your friend, the doc was probably checking her abdominal health by listening for bowel sounds, palpitating for tenderness, and tapping her abdomen to search for the presence of fluid. No big deal.
Carrie R.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/13/2012 2:26:47 PM

Mod(Carrie)
So, I used nair lotion on my arms, before I went on vacation, because I didn't want to have hairy arms, well the top of my arm, above the elbow, up to my shoulder broke out with acne like stuff. I told my mom & she said wait & see, well it's been 3 weeks & it's still there. I told my mom and she said she would call the doctor, & see if they could put me on something to clear it up. She said they would probably just give me a pill, then she said that if that didn't work we might go to a dermatologist. Then she said that I would NOT get on birth control, well in my opinion I think I need BC, because I seriously need to regulate my periods, since April my cycle lengths have been 15,20, & 14 days long.  But my periods have always been irregular, ever since I started in June of last year, I know that periods can be irregular for the first 2 years, so I didn't think I needed to tell anyone, since im only 14, I don't think my doctor would put me on BC anyway. What should I do?

Hey chica, I had a reaction to Nair when I tried it, too, and I don't know about you, but I decided it wasn't worth the discomfort. Sorry the rash has hung around for so long, though. You should definitely see a dermatologist about that, and in the meantime, maybe try an antihistamine cream like benadryl. As for the birth control, it's a hassle that ya probably don't wanna bother with, especially since your periods should straighten out within the next year. Sounds like your periods are really close together, though, and if you're gettin' them all the time, that could lead to unhealthy blood loss. Check with your doctor just to be sure it isn't something that needs to be fixed.
Carrie R.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/13/2012 2:01:50 PM

Mod? I have a question, will you answer it?

Sure thing, babe. Shoot.
Carrie R.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/13/2012 1:33:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I am really sensitive and uncomfortable to doctors and stuff so I don't want to have to go to check-ups or anything like that. Is it possible not to go to doctors for those kinds of things because it just freaks me out and I can't control it. THANX!!!!

Hey girlie,

It's really NOT a smart idea to skip doctors appointments, especially not pelvic exams when you're old enough to need them. Every doctors checkup has a purpose - pelvic exams are used to screen for STDs, cysts, cancer, and other illnesses. These are extremely important!! Personally, my mom was sick and this exam was the reason she caught it early and is still here today. I'll never skip one because I know how lucky we are to be able to visit doctors regularly - and how much of a difference they can make! The best thing to do is ask all the questions you have so you can prepare for what's about to happen (whether it's a pelvic exam, a sports physical, or another type of appointment). Then, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you're helping yourself have a long, healthy, happy life. It's worth a few minutes of being nervous/uncomfy if it means you get to be here longer! Smile
Lauren C.

by ellaquinn2000 on 6/10/2012 10:44:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
I am thirteen almost fourteen and I started my period two years ago and it has come when it is supposed to every month, except this month I skipped. I know it is normal to skip when you first start...... But I don't think its normal to skip after like a year or so.....i eat very healthy and all too.....Should I be worried or see a doc?

Hey chicky, it's pretty common to skip a period or two during the first few years after ya first get it. If you miss three or more in a row, then you'll wanna talk to a doctor to make sure everything is okay.
Carrie R.