AN HOUR AGO Who needs a night out when you've got 6 @FierceReads to dive into?! http://t.co/Agm9QX1En2

1 HOURS AGO We’re spending our entire weekend reading our FREE copy of #Crewel via @wattpad. No shame. #bookclub http://t.co/d7EI8fySGq

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to look bomb in a beanie: http://t.co/Xtrdpnem4M

COMMENTS

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
Sometimes after sitting awhile or even standing, down there gets numb....it doesnt hurt, and it goes away after awhile...but it feels weird....what is this and why is it happening?

Hey girl,

I'm not sure, so you may want to see a doc to see what's up!

Meghan D.

by futurewriter16 on 5/12/2012 11:07:54 AM

YAY! My new issue came in!

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 5/11/2012 3:25:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is it required to have pelvic exam? Or can it be optional?

It's never required to go to the doctor (although your parents might force you), but it is REALLY REALLY recommended so your doctor can catch life-threatening problems if they happen. But my doctor didn't really give me an option when I got old enough to need a pelvic exam (which, by the way, probably won't happen until you're 18 or even older) - my mom has been sick in the past with issues down there, so it was especially important that I cooperate with what the professionals thought was best. It's REALLY smart to listen to them and trust them, girlie.

Lauren C.

by Fashion designer on 5/10/2012 4:17:10 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Is it ok to ask guys about certain guy things?

I ask my guy friends things like that all the time!  That's the best thing about having guy friends, you have a whole bunch more things to talk about. Jordan S.

by futurewriter16 on 5/7/2012 8:02:39 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Is it normal to be curious about the opposite sex and curious about "guy" things?

Hey chica,

It's completely normal!
Jordan S.

by futurewriter16 on 5/7/2012 7:50:39 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative jewelry! It's called DIY Green

by kpianoplayer on 5/7/2012 7:31:28 PM

Is it true that you get your period at the same age as your mom? I've been having discharge for over a year,and I always feel (eew) "wet"

Hey babe,

Generally, it is the case that you follow in your mother's footsteps.  However, girls seem to mature a bit more quickly now.  You can ask your mom when she got hers and it would be a pretty good guess as to your own.
Jordan S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/7/2012 7:29:01 PM

MOD MOD. What do doctors do in a physical??);

Hey! they weigh you, measure you, take your blood pressure, sometimes they take a finger prick or give you a vaccine. Don't worry, it's over before ya know it Smile

Helen S.

by GOALIEROCK1301 on 5/4/2012 10:30:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! when do you have to get pelvic exams??? right after your first period or a little bit afterward?

Hey girlie,

It's good to see a gynecologist for the first time between the ages of 13 and 15, especially if you've gotten your period or have bod-related questions to ask. But the pelvic exam probably won't need to be done until you're over 18 and/or have been sexually active. Your doc will decide!
Lauren C.

by amileofroses on 5/3/2012 9:32:44 PM

I've went before, because my period was heavy, and I had horrible cramps, but it's not bad at all. I know it;s sounds gross having someone stick something up "down there" but, it's only a tiny bit uncomfortable, and if it hurts just tell your doctor and they will adjust it for u. and remember, they've done this probably like, a billion times before!!!

by swifty#1 on 5/3/2012 8:38:54 PM