1 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes that actually look legit: http://t.co/mxeOK2EU2m

2 HOURS AGO Can this app help you ace math? http://t.co/6HyPHr7u87

3 HOURS AGO The best type of bangs for your face (oh yeah, it matters): http://t.co/Q2xBOvMPHx

COMMENTS

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

ewwww i never want to have to do that!! omg gross!

by fearless;) on 5/3/2012 7:13:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! We seriously gotta go through this type of pain!? Good thing I've got 5 more years, and I don't do sexual actives(THOUGH I HAVE A BF, I KISSED HIM ONCE)<---does tht count??? Also, I have a lady doc,so it will be weird

Hey girlie,

Nope, kissing doesn't count Smile If you have questions about exactly when you should get your first exam, ask your doctor for the details. But trust me - I've had these exams and they DON'T hurt! <3 They feel a little uncomfy at first because it seems strange to have someone "down there," but I promise they don't hurt and they don't last longer than 5 minutes.

Lauren C.

by Susmita24 on 5/3/2012 5:18:42 PM

MOD MOD. Whats the dif. between a pelvic exam and a physical, and if there is a dif., how do physicals go? I'm 13 and i had a phys. when i was little, so i dont really know, and i'll prob. need one soon.

Hey girlie,

A physical is a routine exam that checks out your general health all over your bod, like your blood pressure, heart, weight, etc. Physicals don't necessarily include a pelvic exam - pelvic exams are done by gynecologists to check you out only "down there." Hope this helps! Smile

Lauren C.

by Danerka on 5/3/2012 5:15:03 PM

ew!ew!ew!ew!ew! nobody is touching me anywhere! or sticking fingers or tools anywhere in by body!

by kirby<3 on 5/3/2012 3:44:27 PM

MOD! Im almost 14 and i dont have my period. Is this normal? Should i go see a doctor? Thanks Smile

Hey Girlie,

Yes, that's absolutely normal! Every girl gets it at a different age and 14 is nothing to be concerned about!
alicia m.

by HappyFeet16 on 5/3/2012 10:21:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i read the artical and it says if your having problems, sexually active, or OVER 18. Does that mean i will HAVE TO GET ONE once im 18? cuz i hate going to the doctor now!
thx sooo much!
xoxo ~Ryleigh

Hey Babes,

Yes, you will have to get one sooner or later! I know it seems super scary and you might be nervous, but it's important for every girl to get checked out to prevent health risks! When the time comes, go to a female doc because that makes it easier and is less uncomfortable! It's actually not that bad, I promise Smile
alicia m.

by red716 on 5/3/2012 8:13:11 AM

Oh my god,she does WHAT?!?!?!

by iluvmusic♥ on 5/2/2012 11:14:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
So I am 14, but I haven't had my period since I was 12... Do I need to go to the doctor? If so, what will they do? My mom knows it has been a while. She says it's just irregular because I haven't had it very long, should I be worried? Thanks sooooo much!

Well in the beginning its very irregular. The only reason to be worried if you miss your period is if youre sexually active. Since youre not freaking im guessing thats not the case, so I agree with your mom. If just being irregular. However if it continues on for too much longer you might just wanna check in with your doctor to be safe. Im sure youre fine though Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by jellybean1998 on 5/2/2012 9:25:41 PM

i'm 13, i have my period, and i don't have sex but i do use tampons... will i need to have a pelvic exam? nothing like, hurts or anything down there, but will i still need to get one?

Hey girl, you won't need to have a pelvic exam until you're about 18 or so (unless you start having problems with your period).

Colleen K.

by guitargirl7321 on 5/2/2012 1:22:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
When I go in for any exam, should i or shouldn't i have shaved my hair "down there"?????
And I want to start wearing tampons but i know my mom won't let me and she'll think i'm crazy and that if i want to use those i can, but when I'm on my own...:p

Hey girl, there's no need to worry about any pubic hair--it's natural and completely normal! As far as tampons go, you should definitely talk to your mom first. There are some risks to take while using tampons, so it's important that she is aware of you using them. If you explain to her why you prefer tampons over pads, I'm sure she will be willing to let you use them.

Colleen K.