AN HOUR AGO #GIVEAWAY: One chica wins 25+ juicy novels from @HarlequinTEEN & a trendy tote from @marahoffman to pack 'em up in! http://t.co/oxoq6qwJ0i

13 HOURS AGO #PalProbz: Is your BFF going all Regina George on you?: http://t.co/qPIEW3byeo

14 HOURS AGO New season, new trends! This summer makeup is HOT 🔥🔥�http://t.co/3sN4bA8Qw3Qpic.twitter.com/5eCxTH2wlgwlg

COMMENTS

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

Like everybody, I dont want anything going up there either but its the only way to check or cervix and thats important, especially before we become sexually active or get to old, they check it the first time and then see if anything changes from year to year.
On videosurf.com they do have nurses talking and showing about female (and male) exams and even show what a speculum looks like, In a way its amazing they can look inside there, but my friends say it feels really cold when its inserted. I do think guys have it easier with their testicle exams for sports, so we again have it more difficult.

by luckykel on 5/1/2012 11:28:59 PM

My health teacher told me usually the youngest they start pelvic exams is when you're 15 at the very least. I'm 12, so I don't have to worry about that! I mean, I'm terrified of tampons--I couldn't bear having someone's finger up there!!!

by MusikRox1999 on 5/1/2012 11:20:46 PM

~ alibroadway,
Sexually active means having sex, basically.

by Sarah510 on 5/1/2012 8:36:43 PM

while reading this i was like "augh" and "ew" aloud. I am SO scared.. I don't want ANTHING going up there. and what is the definition of sexually active?

by alibroadway on 5/1/2012 8:24:23 PM

I've never had a pelvic exam... my guys a doctor too and I would just feel weird..

by marym on 5/1/2012 7:42:28 PM

Ugh i am SO not looking forward to going to the gyno...even if it is a woman.

by HelenaPS on 5/1/2012 7:41:52 PM

I hope i don't need this for another 99 years...

by Danerka on 5/1/2012 7:00:58 PM

I want to be an OB/GYN. Smile

by mel8mel9 on 5/1/2012 6:46:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
If you are not sexually active, will they be sticking their fingers up your vagina!!!??? Because I am not and I don't really want any doctor going up there like that. I am going to be getting one of these soon... (undies off) and if I do have that, aren't they going to break my hem doing that!!!??? Thank you so much!

by JessiJo77 on 5/1/2012 6:21:01 PM

Uh, I really hate these. My doctor is a guy and it's awkward. But I'm happy for them, otherwise I could be really sick.

by bluegreen332 on 5/1/2012 6:16:01 PM

Close the car window! If you leave the windows open on the highway, you’re hurting your hearing and your hair. The friction from the wind can leave you with split ends, and the loud noise makes your eardrum less sensitive to sound over time.

You’re hanging at your friend's pool party and EEK! Aunt Flow stops by for a surprise visit. You:

If you look at the sun, you will go blind.