AN HOUR AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

2 HOURS AGO Find out what the stars say are in store for you this week: http://t.co/z3Jv0xkN2r

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveAways 2 cuties can cover their walls with an http://t.co/1IXzvVgELI $250 shopping spree! @AllPosters #TooCute #WantThemAll...

COMMENTS

What really happens during a pelvic exam?

Stop freaking out! Here are the facts…

Like everybody, I dont want anything going up there either but its the only way to check or cervix and thats important, especially before we become sexually active or get to old, they check it the first time and then see if anything changes from year to year.
On videosurf.com they do have nurses talking and showing about female (and male) exams and even show what a speculum looks like, In a way its amazing they can look inside there, but my friends say it feels really cold when its inserted. I do think guys have it easier with their testicle exams for sports, so we again have it more difficult.

by luckykel on 5/1/2012 11:28:59 PM

My health teacher told me usually the youngest they start pelvic exams is when you're 15 at the very least. I'm 12, so I don't have to worry about that! I mean, I'm terrified of tampons--I couldn't bear having someone's finger up there!!!

by MusikRox1999 on 5/1/2012 11:20:46 PM

~ alibroadway,
Sexually active means having sex, basically.

by Sarah510 on 5/1/2012 8:36:43 PM

while reading this i was like "augh" and "ew" aloud. I am SO scared.. I don't want ANTHING going up there. and what is the definition of sexually active?

by alibroadway on 5/1/2012 8:24:23 PM

I've never had a pelvic exam... my guys a doctor too and I would just feel weird..

by marym on 5/1/2012 7:42:28 PM

Ugh i am SO not looking forward to going to the gyno...even if it is a woman.

by HelenaPS on 5/1/2012 7:41:52 PM

I hope i don't need this for another 99 years...

by Danerka on 5/1/2012 7:00:58 PM

I want to be an OB/GYN. Smile

by mel8mel9 on 5/1/2012 6:46:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
If you are not sexually active, will they be sticking their fingers up your vagina!!!??? Because I am not and I don't really want any doctor going up there like that. I am going to be getting one of these soon... (undies off) and if I do have that, aren't they going to break my hem doing that!!!??? Thank you so much!

by JessiJo77 on 5/1/2012 6:21:01 PM

Uh, I really hate these. My doctor is a guy and it's awkward. But I'm happy for them, otherwise I could be really sick.

by bluegreen332 on 5/1/2012 6:16:01 PM