16 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

17 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

18 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

In the News: FDA will finally start monitoring beauty products

A sigh of relief or too little, too late?

in my hometown in england all the makeup was safe and now in america im always checking the labels on mascara and lip gloss

by emroxlol on 5/24/2012 1:42:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD The Fashion Retro Quiz works now thanks soo much!Smile

Yayyy so glad! Smile Have a great night, girl!
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 5/13/2012 12:45:05 AM

I recently did a science project on harmful chemicals in cosmetics. I learned the most shocking scary things, It is incredible how harmful some of the chemicals are. I can't believe they let the chemicals through in the first place!!!

by Shakat on 5/8/2012 6:15:26 PM

better late than never...

by swimminchica on 5/6/2012 1:39:05 PM

They are a little late Frown O well I only wear mascara, concealer, lipstick, and eyeliner. I will definetly check all my make up products to see if they are okay!

by sgirl26 on 5/5/2012 1:25:19 PM

Thanks Lauren C. For your advise. I appreciate it. Smile

by Icecreamluver on 5/4/2012 9:48:31 PM

Ehh better late then never. I don't use a lot of makeup for this reason.

Hello, Now if you don't like reading about people advertising their advice pages and clubs, don't read forward though you probably will anyway because your curious.

I have an advice queen page called rainyseattlegirl whether you need help on your next english paper or need inspiration for a novel I'm here to help. I have straights A's in english have written two novels and have won school writing contests.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/4/2012 1:45:27 PM

It would make sense if they started banning earlier, since they're aware that companies use toxic ingredients in beauty and it's highly harmful to all those girls and women who use tons of makeup, so that was a big mistake. But you know what, at least they realized that and made the decision to monitor the products, so good for you U.S!
I live in Canada and I am pretty sure they regulate cosmetics as well. I should find out!

by lemontwist213 on 5/4/2012 11:17:37 AM

All my besties starting wearing makeup at their 12 bday. I'm almost 12 and really want but I want to at my 13th bday. The thing is my mum wants me to wait till I'm 14 and a half. She keeps asking me if I'm ok with that but I say I am cuz I don't want to get in a fight with her. Any ways to tell her that I want to be a lithe younger and wear makeup without something bad happening?

hey! You should tell your mom how you really feel. Don't be confrontational, but let her know that you actually would like to wear makeup soon. Who knows? she might be understandingSmile

Helen S.

by CottonCandyCutie on 5/4/2012 7:33:35 AM

* MOD *
So I have the same mascara as all of my friends (greatlash Maybelline) and for them it looks great and never clumps or smudges/flakes and makes their lashes look longer. For me, it clumps up a lot, makes me look like i'm just wearing mascara not looking like i have long lashes, and flakes and smudges so much during the day by time i come home i kinda look like a raccoon. I think i have like an issue with mascara or something, this happens with every mascara I've gotten so far!! What do you think I should use/do?

Hey girl! Maybe try a different application process. Ask your friends how they apply mascara, and see if they can teach you. Or, try wiggling the wand back and forth in a sideways motion from the roots of your lashes out, rather than just brushing it on. Hopefully that helps! xx

Jess D.